Fortnite: Battle Royale |OT| 100 Players on Epic Battlegrounds

Shot a guy from a meter in the face with a blue shotgun. 25 damage. 6 seasons in and the shooting is still as bad as the first beta like a year ago.
I'm amazed that they pull guns like the drum gun, increase effectiveness of building and take out items like bounce pads and impulse grenades yet the shotgun still seems totally random and is only truly effective when used at an elevated position.

The changes they're putting into the game seem totally distant to what people are asking for in forums and social media.

And the llama challage is ass. I don't care if I have 10 weeks to do it or people always complain about challanges. I want challanges to be exact what they're called a 'challange' . I don't want to rely on RNG to complete a challange.

Shot a guy from a meter in the face with a blue shotgun. 25 damage. 6 seasons in and the shooting is still as bad as the first beta like a year ago.
My opinion might be controversial, but I really get why the shooting in Fortnite is the way it is.

I believe they're really trying to dissuade people from getting super great at shooting to avoid Arena Shooter-esque multiplayer where you have someone one-shot sniping you from god knows where and you're dead as soon as you land. They want to give people a chance to get out of a sticky situtation.

While there is some skill to be had, it is very much a casual battle royale game and I think Epic wants to have as diverse a player pool as possible and not just the 'gitgud' type.

My opinion might be controversial, but I really get why the shooting in Fortnite is the way it is.

I believe they're really trying to dissuade people from getting super great at shooting to avoid Arena Shooter-esque multiplayer where you have someone one-shot sniping you from god knows where and you're dead as soon as you land. They want to give people a chance to get out of a sticky situtation.

While there is some skill to be had, it is very much a casual battle royale game and I think Epic wants to have as diverse a player pool as possible and not just the 'gitgud' type.
But one shotting is still very much possible thanks to snipers being pretty precise. Someone who is great at shooters can kill people far away without too much effort. By having an insane spread on your bullets on any other weapon means you are effectively crippling those who resort to close quarter combat, which in theory is what less skilled people tend to do (not saying close-up battles are for noobs, but newcomers won't try sniping you from 300m but might try to sneak up with a shotgun). Earlier I was playing squads for a challenge, I glady one shotted a guy with a sniper despite the fact he was moving. Then in other scenarios where I am two feet away half my bullets seem to go randomly. Seems like an odd balance overall.

But one shotting is still very much possible thanks to snipers being pretty precise. Someone who is great at shooters can kill people far away without too much effort. By having an insane spread on your bullets on any other weapon means you are effectively crippling those who resort to close quarter combat, which in theory is what less skilled people tend to do (not saying close-up battles are for noobs, but newcomers won't try sniping you from 300m but might try to sneak up with a shotgun). Earlier I was playing squads for a challenge, I glady one shotted a guy with a sniper despite the fact he was moving. Then in other scenarios where I am two feet away half my bullets seem to go randomly. Seems like an odd balance overall.
The sniper is slow and it curves the further you are so you have to kinda guess how many notches to move up. If you have a sniper that only has one shot, you’re going to scare away your prey.

Now I’m not saying the game is perfectly balanced: it could definitely use a few tweaks here and there, but I see what Epic is trying to do.

Yeah I really wished I saved video of a game yesterday where I landed behind someone sitting crouched on stairs without her knowing and then hit her with a blue tactical 3 times for 7 damage, before she finally turned around and one pumped me.

It was the weirdest thing of the night, although I had a lot of questionable shotgun fights.

I am getting a lot better with the sniper though; I used to give it away to squad mates because I didn't like it, but now they bring theirs to me :)

1. What happened to aim assist? On PS4 and its not working for me. I'm getting my ass handed to me again and not sure if that's the issue or if its just the same issue that's plagued me since I started playing (I suck).

2. Thanks Sony for not taking care of an abusive player with an inappropriate name. What is the report feature even for if they dont do anything about it?

3. Gliding is different and while not as annoying jumping off your builds now, try jumping off a high hill...ugh. They fix one thing and break another. Just annoying because as far as I know nothing about gliding was mentioned in patch notes, though it's clearly different now.

Found a llama chilling on the golf course, and the next match I played there was like 4 campfires in the place I decided to loot. Guess that’s that for this week.

Now that I play on PS4 (moved to Switch to play with friends) I suck :)

Why is everyone trying so hard
I was running some duos with a friend that plays PC, and I swear, I was doing better in those lobbies then against people in the PS4 lobbies.

Aim assist is definitely broken. Playing on PS4 and it’s like it’s not even there.

On the plus side, it is forcing me to get better at aiming and not rely so much on the aim assist sticking

So, after the latest season update the graphics have been kinda messed up for me (PC, GTX 970). Anybody else noticing anything? Everything looked fine before, but now there's this weird pattern all over everything.

I have no idea what to do about it. Settings are the same! :/

It would be super hype if the island created new PoI every time upon reaching the ruin. I guess we'll have to see what happens when it reaches the first one.
Also bring back shadow stones any time soon, please :D

My problem is a shotgun at point black range, upper body to headshot will randomly do six damage for me, yet I get hit for 300
My wife shot a guy at point blank range today with a blue tac and did 7 damage. The damage is still way to random from shotguns. There needs to be some minimum amount based on range and it can't start at 7.

I got pretty lucky with my llama. I was just doing Loot Lake drops all day yesterday and one of the games had one right on the edge of the lake, easily within glider range of the whirlpool.

The funniest experience I ever had with a llama was seeing one in the tops of one of the tall trees in Tomato Temple, and another guy dropped right on top of it with me. I killed him with my pickaxe and then after opening the llama, realized it wasn't Soaring 50s and I couldn't just glide down, so I just jumped off and died. I also only had like 20 health left from the stupid pickaxe battle, lol.

My problem is a shotgun at point black range, upper body to headshot will randomly do six damage for me, yet I get hit for 300
Shotguns have a fixed pellet spread pattern and show you which pellets hit on every shot. Take video and you might see that your "random" six damage shots are really just the result of you not aiming as well as you think

4 hours spent jumping in at the top of the map near the river. No llamas. :(
You'll find llamas when you aren't actively looking for them. It's like they know
They put the llama challenge in the first week for a reason. You have 10 weeks to complete it. Just play normally and you'll get one eventually. There's zero reason to put in extra effort for these types of challenges.

Shotguns have a fixed pellet spread pattern and show you which pellets hit on every shot. Take video and you might see that your "random" six damage shots are really just the result of you not aiming as well as you think

They put the llama challenge in the first week for a reason. You have 10 weeks to complete it. Just play normally and you'll get one eventually. There's zero reason to put in extra effort for these types of challenges.
Yes, I'm well aware of the spread pattern, it's been in ages. I can hit someone dead on with each spread hitting them and still do next to no damage, that's my entire point.