Fortnite: Battle Royale |OT| 100 Players on Epic Battlegrounds

Man I just had the best game in ages. Hopped into a solo, needed two pistol eliminations so I hit Risky Reels. Got a blue suppressed right off the start and picked up four kills. Started my stream to jinx myself and end it so I could get into a game with a friend who had come on, but it just kept rolling. Pistol only game, 11 kills and the Victory Royale, plus HypeZone stopped by with 365-odd people and I got 35 followers from it.

Edit - the video of most of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb6g-ppSVIQ

Last edited:
Ayyy I finally got Fortnite hate mail after killing a dude with a rocket launcher for the win. I'm legit surprised it took this long lol

I don't think so, the Switch version does not support custom keybindings.
That sucks, I thought custom bindings were available on all consoles.

It is October 1st.
Epic, please let me buy the Ghoul Trooper and Skull Trooper skins. :(
I can't even imagine the meltdowns from some people if they brought last year's Halloween skins back, it will be glorious.

I'd welcome it personally as someone who owns the Skull Trooper, for some reason it warrants abusive messages sent your way by jealous kids or offers to buy your account from desperate ones.

It is like pulling fucking teeth to get a squad of randoms to not just land where ever the fuck they feel like. Like could you at least fucking mark it if you’re just fly off to some random spot on the map?

It is like pulling fucking teeth to get a squad of randoms to not just land where ever the fuck they feel like. Like could you at least fucking mark it if you’re just fly off to some random spot on the map?
Yeah, I only ever play squads with randoms if I need some challenges in that specific mode, basically. I screenshotted what was pretty much the only time all randoms landed in the same spot (one that isn't Tilted), it was so glorious and rare. I do blame the Battle Pass to an extent, which encourages people to fuck it all and mind their own challenges. But people can also be fucking stupid.

In other news, Blackout made me think about how great it would be if Fortnite had areas designed after iconic locations from older Epic games. Have a weird rock formation that looks like Facing Worlds or the inside of a warehouse that is essentially Deck17 from Unreal Tournament. Recreate iconic levels from Gears Of War multiplayer in the middle of some ruins or something. Have a castle that from the inside looks like the castle area from Jazz Jackrabbit 2. Seeing posters from those games around the level is great, but at the same time disappointing when you think about the fact that they may never ever touch these franchises again now that they've found their golden goose.

First time buying a battle pass, I don’t want to go crazy and complete it just want more emotes than a wave and the og dance.

Do daily challenges just stay until you complete them?

Anyone in Asia (korea) want to squad up message me, I’m pretty average though.

Do daily challenges just stay until you complete them?
You can stack up 3 daily challenges, switching the content of one every day if you were to hate one. If you have 3 uncompleted and you log-in on a new day, you will not get another challenge, the challenge for that day is lost. You will get a new challenge on the first new day you log-in with at least one free spot.

Ironically you should actually be seeing LESS of these players, since this last patch actually puts players who are plugging in their KB&M into PC matchmaking instead of up against controller users.

Curious though, how are you judging whether a player might be KB&M? With all the changes they've made with building specifically and now custom binds rolling out which include instant edits there's a good chance they're just good controller players.
I was judging by some of the encounters I was getting in with people, I watch a lot of PC streamers and it felt like people were building at a rate that wasn't possible on a console in months past. I am no up on the changes that have been made to building. I'll definitely have to brush up on that stuff. It's cool that they have split the matchmaking though. Thanks for the info!

Dance Therapy is the best emote.

Ok: real question. I started playing Fortnite BR on the Switch and the performance is bad. Like, kind of unplayably bad. As soon as the action starts the framerate dips way below 30. This is with the lower resolution and all the pop-in. I'm an OK player on PS4 but on the Switch I'm an absolute potato.

I get the same issues in docked and undocked mode. Mostly I've been playing 50v50 which might be my issue.

Judging by how accurately other people are shooting me I'm guessing this might be an issue with my switch.

Anyone else seeing this?

Dance Therapy is the best emote.

Ok: real question. I started playing Fortnite BR on the Switch and the performance is bad. Like, kind of unplayably bad. As soon as the action starts the framerate dips way below 30. This is with the lower resolution and all the pop-in. I'm an OK player on PS4 but on the Switch I'm an absolute potato.

I get the same issues in docked and undocked mode. Mostly I've been playing 50v50 which might be my issue.

Judging by how accurately other people are shooting me I'm guessing this might be an issue with my switch.

Anyone else seeing this?
Do you have the game saved onto the HD or Sd card? Saving the game to the HD can help with the pop-in. As for the frame drops, it can drop to the low 20s when actions gets really intense but i've never had it get too bad where I still couldn't play. I will say going from Xbox to Switch was jarring for me at first because of the difference in performance but it's something you get used to over time.

Twist is best. Regret not pulling Livin' Large as it's fuckin' ridiculous. Twist all the way though. The way you shut your eyes and smile and look up...the bess.
Yeah, the Twist is the emote I always play in the lobby screen since you can see the facial animations. Livin' Large is the perfect troll dance though. It's what you use when you just sent five people flying away from a supply drop with a shockwave grenade in 50v50 during supply drop challenge week.

____

How is everybody doing on the XP grind so far this season? I haven't had a ton of time to play so far, so I'm only at 36,000, but I am glad the Level 100 skin maxes out at only 250,000.

Do you have the game saved onto the HD or Sd card? Saving the game to the HD can help with the pop-in. As for the frame drops, it can drop to the low 20s when actions gets really intense but i've never had it get too bad where I still couldn't play. I will say going from Xbox to Switch was jarring for me at first because of the difference in performance but it's something you get used to over time.
I ... just loaded onto whatever the Switch uses for internal memory. I have a pretty small library of games and I actually bought BOTW on cartridge.

I love fancy feet. It is the one that got me to finally break down and spend money outside of the season pass.

Airheart and her accessories were the second, third, and fourth this weekend only because I am a sucker for that steampunk aesthetic. I had been waiting for the girl lucha outfit to come back but it has been over a month at this point and I got impatient.

So I have been playing this game for over half a year and I had been trying to get a 0 kill win for a while. Before this season started I only had 3 solo wins. I got 2 yesterday and they were both 0 kill wins. The changes they made to the final hill have made this game infinitely better. Running and hiding and waiting for people to fuck up and get trapped in the storm is amazing.

I ... just loaded onto whatever the Switch uses for internal memory. I have a pretty small library of games and I actually bought BOTW on cartridge.
Hmm, putting the game on the internal helped the pop-in issues I had so i'm not sure. Granted, I havent played in a few weeks on it so it could be something from 6.0

Speaking of returning store items it was so lame of them to bring tricera ops back the day before the season pass. Its like they knew its the only other skin I'm waiting on.