Fortnite: Battle Royale |OT| 100 Players on Epic Battlegrounds

So I have been playing this game for over half a year and I had been trying to get a 0 kill win for a while. Before this season started I only had 3 solo wins. I got 2 yesterday and they were both 0 kill wins. The changes they made to the final hill have made this game infinitely better. Running and hiding and waiting for people to fuck up and get trapped in the storm is amazing.
My only win of the season so far (I haven't played much yet and I'm not too good tbh) has been a top 3 where the other two died to the storm, though to be fair I damaged one of them heavily first. Had I not ambused a dude earlier (it wasn't necessary) it would have been 0 kills. Crazy endgame scenarios tbh.

I think disabling physics on all skins because some tits are jiggling is a bit of an overreaction, yes.

What other games have systems in place that make it to where your bullets don't go where you're aiming unless you crouch or stand perfectly still? I can't think of any. Bloom exists in other games, sure, but not to the extent it does in Fortnite. In Fortnite you're playing a slot machine when you shoot.
They've disabled physics for cloth for other problems in the past. It's not an overreaction.

Man I just had the best game in ages. Hopped into a solo, needed two pistol eliminations so I hit Risky Reels. Got a blue suppressed right off the start and picked up four kills. Started my stream to jinx myself and end it so I could get into a game with a friend who had come on, but it just kept rolling.
Heh, I had the opposite problem -- I was getting a good streak going, including ambushing a guy running around the corner with an assault rifle point-blank in the face and two legendary weapons, and my wife needs me to go out to do mundane stuff. Ended up deliberately playing sloppy just to get killed and keep her happy. Fortnite is like pinball in that regard, you get the best games at the most inopportune times...

They are. He's wrong. You can do custom bindings on the Switch version.
Guess I need to dig deeper into the configuration settings. Don't remember seeing anything to remap controls.

And Epic needs to restore video recording to the Switch version. I'm starting to get halfway decent but have no way to record my feats...

The minigun and wearable bush have yet to be vaulted despite so many better things getting locked up. It just ain't fair.
Am I the only person who hates the wearable bush? I never pick it up because I think it's conspicuous as hell and it obstructs my view.

The bush absolutely obstructs your view, but I think it's worth just for how fucking hilarious it looks. The laughter I get from killing someone as a bush, not even trying to hide, just running straight at them as a bush, is worth 3 kills.

I'm still new enough to the game that I find that shit amusing as hell.

The bush absolutely obstructs your view, but I think it's worth just for how fucking hilarious it looks. The laughter I get from killing someone as a bush, not even trying to hide, just running straight at them as a bush, is worth 3 kills.

I'm still new enough to the game that I find that shit amusing as hell.
I absolutely love the bush because its hilarious. It makes me sad that not many people pick it up and you can often find them lying around. I think the problem is due to the obstruction and its super noticeable if you're doing stealth. Really the only opportune time for it is in 50v50. I've remained as the final player on my side by sitting in a bush sometimes.

What I will say is that using an actual overworld bush is far superior because you can really turn around in it. I hid in one with Calamity skin on (with the first upgrade so she has the black hat) and a black cape from Ragnarok and it worked super well for hiding. Almost totally unnoticeable.

I'd like a melee mode where the storm is already rolling in and the only weapons are your pickaxe and maybe they could implement the melee swords/hammers and things from StW. With pure melee weapons that way they don't get instantly outclassed by guns and you're forced to do a more close combat kind of battle. You'd still have healing items but no guns at all.

There was something kind of cool with Getaway where it was sort of a race to leave the map, not necessarily "win" by having to go 1:1 with another player or team. I think it'd be interesting to have something like that where there's a hunt across the map for 4 escape pods/rifts etc where they randomly appear somewhere each map. It'd lean heavily into RNG but there could be some fun in leveraging the building mechanic in interesting ways in BR. StW does this with those (admittedly sometimes annoying) Build the Radar Dish missions; you could easily bring that over and have to "defend" the radar dish against other players; if you can in the allotted time you'll escape but someone else can come and swipe control of it.

This is what people say on Reddit every time Epic tries to do anything to balance building to make the game better.
I think at this point "balance" should just be "don't have anything that's too obviously OP". There's going to be some imbalance somewhere, and there's a point where it's up to the players to adapt.

How would everybody feel if BR added game types like KoTH, TDM, CTF with respawns?
Absolutely for this. A lot of the named areas are already fine to work as a small TDM/Domination map for some 6v6 action without building (or limited building with mat pickups and no farming) and they could easily section of certain parts of the map and create a more Battlefield-like conquest mode in a 30v30 capture the control points type of mode with building.

I'm definitely over the BR no respawn craze. I'd be all over a mode where you can just keep respawning and be right in the action, I've never been about this genre turning into a walking or lobby simulator whenever you're unlucky or having a bad time.

Is it just me or is it way harder to see people in the storm now? Multiple times in the past few days me or my squad have been come upon by people running out of the storm and we basically can't even locate them until they are right in our face.

Is it just me or is it way harder to see people in the storm now? Multiple times in the past few days me or my squad have been come upon by people running out of the storm and we basically can't even locate them until they are right in our face.
The last patch notes said they upgraded the effects of rain and lightning in the storm, so it would make sense.

Shadow stone going to be the real hard one lmao. Also, about how far is 50m in this game?

On another note, I really don’t care for Salty. I don’t think the loot is good enough for the amount of people that land there. Even when I make it out of there, I’m usually going the rest of the game half dead because there isn’t enough healing stuff for the full squad. I would rather land at Tilted if we really need to do some crazy shit right off the bat.