Games You've Beaten in September? (+August's results)

What will be the Top Beaten Game of October?

• Spider-Man (again)

Votes: 38 50.0%
  • Assassin’s Creed Odyssey

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 4

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Red Dead Redemption 2

Votes: 22 28.9%

• Total voters
Bastion (PS4) - Great game. Glad I finally got around to playing it. However, it's nowhere near as good as Transistor. I'm also currently playing through Pyre and I already like it more than Bastion.

God of War (PS4) - This was my NG+ run, and I loved every second of it just as much as my first time through.

LittleBigPlanet PSP
ModNation Racers PSP
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna - The Golden Country
Adventures of Mana (Vita)
Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD

I also finally got the platinum for Dissidia NT, and got my last trophies for XV. I’ve now got all the FF trophies there are!

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Spider-Man
Yoku’s Island Express
Earthbound
Into the Breach

(Earthbound and TTYD I had started previously, but finished them in September)

• Divinity Original Sin 2
  • Tales from the Boderlands
  • The Messenger
All 3 are very good games for very different reasons.
DOS2 is pretty much a must play for (C)RPG fans.
Tales from the Boderlands is about as good as S1 of The Walking Dead, but it's a comdey instead of a drama.
The platforming and level design in The Messenger is about as good as it gets, but the bachtracking in the second half and get a bit annoying.

I also played a bit of The Last Guardian, but found it pretty frustrating so I stopped playing.

5.9. Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PS4) - Platinum trophy (thanks Peerless Tiles)
17.9. Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country (Switch) - 100% complete
24.9. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (PC)

Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure
TMNT
Tacoma
Donut County
Horizon Zero Dawn
Trip World
The Karate Kid
Kirby's Pinball Land
The Cat and the Coup
Port of Call
Strider 2

what a weird month.

Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap
What Remains of Edith Finch
Little Nightmares
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

My most productive month in quite a while. Probably ever.

I only finished Spider-Man.

If anyone beats a huge game like RDR2 in the 5 days it’s out, I hope you enjoyed your vacation days lol.

It has been a very long time I have beaten that many games ! Going back to platformers help.

Giana Sisters : Twisted Dreams - Good platforming game, could have been great with more tracks in soundtrack and without that awful last boss that I almost give up on. 90% of the time you are just waiting for the boss to do the two attacks required to smash him. Terrible end for an otherwise very solid game. 7/10

Late Shift - Enjoyable interactive movie. I've got 4 different endings out of 7. It's too bad that you have to play an entire run each time, instead of go to the middle of the script and change something. Story is ok, acting is good, nothing special but I wanted to try an FMV game. 6/10

Super Mario Bros. Deluxe - I started this one about a year ago. I was frustrated by the levels with flying fishes in world 2, you can't see them because of the tiny screen. This time I managed that part and from them I liked the game. It's the first time I beat the original SMB ! It's quite easier than the NES because you have infinite continues for each level. Plus my training on NES remix helped a lot. 7/10

Pokémon Black - Well that's Pokémon. Pacing is better than X, visuals are great too. I like that you have only new pokemons, design-wise they are a bit hit and miss. The setting is not very exciting, X was better on that front. I was frustrated to see that I could not have Zoroark. Story is still bad. It's a good game all things considered. 7/10

Super Meat Boy - I remember I played that years ago, dropping it frustrated. I decided to beat it, frustration meter having been very high with Giana Sisters final boss. My save file was lost... I started all over again and finally beat it. Game is good but still have some frustrating parts. Another 7/10 for this month !

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - My Zelda of the year, because I dropped Majora's Mask that I did not like. This one was cool, a bit safe in general and light story-wise, but controls are great, painting transformation is fully used by the level design, and that's the best use of 3D I have played. I'm looking for a new 3DS game now. Luigi's Mansion maybe ? 7/10

I played a good bit of Spider-Man too and it should take a good piece of my gaming time in October. I'd like to beat Trip World too.

Ah! New month, new thread in my fav thread series!

I didn't beat anything for a month (half of August, half of September) but then I beat Spider-Man and just kept going. Ended up at 12 games beaten in two weeks and that feels good. Mostly great games too!

-

Beaten: Not 100% completed but at least finished the game by reaching the credits or equivalent. Or a game where you automatically experience everything just by beating it.
Completed: All achievements/trophies, all secrets, all side quests. Simply 100%ed.

The game names are links to the posts in the 52 games thread where I post a few thoughts about each game, and those should explain my scores if you are curious.

Scores
1-3: I didn't have much fun.
4-6: Has some nice qualities but also varying issues.
7-10: Great!

1. Spider-Man - Completed - 10/10
  2. Conan Exiles - Beaten - 8/10
  3. Rosa Pantern i Resa på Egen Risk - Completed - 7*/10
  4. Rosa Pantern i Hokus Pokus Panter - Completed - 7*/10
  5. Yoku's Island Express - Beaten - 7/10
  6. Zup! - Completed - x**/10
  7. Another Lost Phone: Laura's Story - Completed - 7/10
  8. Blackwood Crossing - Completed - 7/10
  9. The Coma: Recut - Completed - 9/10
  10. Detention - Completed - 9/10
  11. ECHO - Beaten - 9/10
  12. The First Tree - Completed - 3/10

*Pure nostalgia
**Impossible to score

Very nice month for me as I am rarely able to complete more than one game per month.

1) Spider-Man PS4 9/10 the best Spider-Man so far.
2) Battlefield 1 all war stories PC. 8/10 Liked this more than expected, one of the stories was very touching and about the ANZAC landings!
3) Pigment PC 7/10 very unique and quaint game. Great concept and puzzles but very lackluster combat.
4) Donut County iOS 7/10 short and hilarious.

Only 3 for September
- Dragon Quest XI (10) Platinum
- Marvel's Spider-Man (9) Platinum
- Dark Souls Remastered (9) Platinum

Nioh (finished and loved the main game and the first DLC, but put it down on the second DLC as I was at 115 hours and had other things I wanted to get to!)
Lumines Remastered (as in I beat the classic mode)
Halo Wars Definitive Edition (then finished Halo Wars 2 on 1st October - making use of the Game Pass £2 for 2 months deal ahead of Forza Horizon 4 today! Incredible deal!)
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (wanted a cheap, fun racer to keep me going until Forza and the PC version of this really held up nicely)