Giant Bomb |OT9| A Peaceful Life In Satan City

Now that I'm nearing the end of Yakuza 0 I'm starting Beast in the East... this is gonna be a fun ride.

you ever make a post in a vaguely controversial thread, get a reply, and immediately think 'actually i don't care about this enough to debate this on the internet with randos'
Plus if your opinion doesn't fall in line with what is exactly considered the 'right' thing then you will be banned, no questions asked. It's even worse than GAF for that shit here. Echo chamber to the max.

Plus if your opinion doesn't fall in line with what is exactly considered the 'right' thing then you will be banned, no questions asked. It's even worse than GAF for that shit here. Echo chamber to the max.
Disingenuous to the max. If you "don't agree" with basic human rights, then... yeah.

Not sure how you got that out of my post but ok?
You know what, let's back up. I made the mistake of thinking you're stereotyping Era based on the whole forum, but maybe your... analysis is more limited.

What thread do you think is a good example of posters "falling out of line"? Please link it because I'd love to know.

You know what, let's back up. I made the mistake of thinking you're stereotyping Era based on the whole forum, but maybe your... analysis is more limited.

What thread do you think is a good example of posters "falling out of line"? Please link it because I'd love to know.
Two posts that got me banned:

https://www.resetera.com/posts/12225180/
https://www.resetera.com/posts/8193395/

How thin skinned do you need to be to think silencing a poster for opinions like that is the only action?

But alas, it was just one observation in reply to that post, I won't be derailing this thread further, for fear of a red-text hammer.

Oh, please. I happened to catch one of your bans, and it was totally deserved. A couple days for this response to an otherwise thoughtful thread?

I mean, generally if you're doing a low skilled, low paying job, there's usually a reason for that... you're probably not skilled or intelligent enough for a career.
I don’t see the problem. A silly, easily debunked, insensitive generalization tailored not to advance discussion, but to slip in just enough callousness and dismissiveness to stand out and provoke people? A short ban made sense there.

Two posts that got me banned:

https://www.resetera.com/posts/12225180/
https://www.resetera.com/posts/8193395/

How thin skinned do you need to be to think silencing a poster for opinions like that is the only action?

But alas, it was just one observation in reply to that post, I won't be derailing this thread further, for fear of a red-text hammer.
I think you're taking the wrong thing away from those bans. And calling it "silencing" is ridiculous.

Thanks for explaining it, though.
Leaving Fort Joy in DOS2 is such a pain lol
You know the best part? You can literally fly or teleport out of Fort Joy, via skills. (I've always cleared the fort by that point, but having the option is Very Good™.)

DOS2 is legendary af.

While you can skipe most of fort Joy easily, fighting will be really tough if you play on higher difficulties. I kind of needed the exp.

While you can skipe most of fort Joy easily, fighting will be really tough if you play on higher difficulties. I kind of needed the exp.
You know the best part? You can literally fly or teleport out of Fort Joy, via skills. (I've always cleared the fort by that point, but having the option is Very Good™.)

DOS2 is legendary af.
Yeah I'm playing on tactical, each battle is tough lol

did you guys just starting killing your way out or did you skip some sections to get out of fort joy?

Yeah I'm playing on tactical, each battle is tough lol

did you guys just starting killing your way out or did you skip some sections to get out of fort joy?
I combed through the entire fort the first time. Second time I skipped the fire slug cave. Both times I think I found 5 or 6 exits, went through the sewer to "escape", and then went back in and left through the drawbridge.

DOS2 is a game that feels perfectly paced even with such a completionist playstyle.

Hoping Ben has a similar arc with Hollow Knight that I did. Finished it Sunday night, immediately started a new game and now I can't drag myself away from it.

Also I relate deeply to the permanently tired scowl of the character who is my avatar.

Hoping Ben has a similar arc with Hollow Knight that I did. Finished it Sunday night, immediately started a new game and now I can't drag myself away from it.

Also I relate deeply to the permanently tired scowl of the character who is my avatar.
i need a metroid-vania in my life right now. do you recommend Hollow Knight

No

If you want a 2d darks souls though than go for it.
Funnily enough although Dark Souls is my favorite game I think the Metroidvania aspect is more important to Hollow Knight's success. The risk/reward "you need to get your currency back after dying" aspect is less of an impingement on the player than in a Soulsborne game.

Funnily enough although Dark Souls is my favorite game I think the Metroidvania aspect is more important to Hollow Knight's success. The risk/reward "you need to get your currency back after dying" aspect is less of an impingement on the player than in a Soulsborne game.

Nah that's not even the dark soul aspect I'm talking about. A lot of it is so much more about the tone, the character writing, the atmosphere, event encounters, and really just the fundamental desperation it builds into you to find safety in anything.

I have bounced off pretty much every metroidvania I've played. For me it's absolutely the smallest part of the game.