Girls' Frontline is a mobile game developed by MicaTeam and published by Digital Sky/Sunborn Games. It features echelons of guns that have been transformed into girls. It is a collectathon game, meaning that unlike games like Fire Emblem Heroes or Fate/Grand Order, it is the intention of the developers for you to actually get a bunch of characters and it's up to you on how you use them.
The player takes the role of a newly recruited commander working under a Private Military Company named Grifon & Kryuger and completes various tasks by commanding highly advanced androids known as Tactical Dolls (T-Dolls, the gun girls).
Note: this is the global version. It is only available in the regions in the banner from the app stores, but there is no IP block. The developer has been cagey about expanding to other regions (but have confirmed SEA).
1. This is your currency. Each has more uses than what listed, but this will give you a overview of what each is for. They regenerate naturally slowly.
- Manpower is required for deploying your T-Dolls in combat and to repair your T-Dolls after combat.
- Ammo is consumed during combat. Machine Gun T-Dolls require much more than Hand Gun T-Dolls.
- Rations are consumed each turn in combat. More powerful units require more rations.
- Parts are used to repair your T-Dolls and to craft.
3. Research. You improve your T-Dolls skills in this window. This can improve damage, decrease cooldowns, and so on.
4. Combat. This is where you deploy your Echelons.
- Combat Missions are your standard missions. This is where the gameplay of the game takes place. Here's some gameplay. Basically, you move your units around the map, claim territory, attacking enemies, and trying to encircle capture resources and nodes.
- Logistic Support. These are your bread and butter for earning the four main currencies in the game. Similar to Xenoblade Chronicles 2's mercenary missions, you send an echelon out on a timer and they bring back resources.
- Combat Simulation. You have limited runs of this per day. You can run these stages to earn EXP, currencies, and other rare resources to improve your T-Dolls.
6. Factory. This is the gacha of the game.
- T-Doll Production. This is where you pull for T-Dolls. But instead of using a premium currency, you use your resources (manpower, ammo, rations, and parts).
- Dummy Link. You take duplicate T-Dolls and feed them to you T-Doll to link them, effectively doubled their HP. You can also use Cores to link your T-Dolls if you do not have a duplicate.
- T-Doll Enhancement. You feed T-Dolls (doesn't have to be dupes) to your T-Doll to increase their stats up to a point, based on their level.
- Retirement Disassemble. This is where you dispose of T-Dolls you do not want for resources and Cores.
- Equipment Production. Same as T-Doll Production, except for equipment.
8. Event/Login bonus screen. Check this daily for updates and rewards!
9. Other. This is where you can find your options and account information. It's kinda hidden, so thought it'd be worth pointing out.
10. Timers. Click this to see the timers on your Logistic Supports, repairs, and so on. Useful.
So what do you use the premium currency for? Very similar to F2P MMOs and games like Path of Exile, you use gems (premium currency) to expand things like repair slots, echelon slots, T-Doll inventory, and so on. You technically can whale for T-Dolls, as you can buy manpower, etc, but gems are much better served in other areas. This is a collection game. If you see a unit you like, you'll likely eventually get them.
Because of this, there really isn't much of a point to rerolling. Just download, login, and play.
ID LIST AND GF ERA DISCORD, quote to see.
This post contains hidden text. Quote to reveal it.
Rough tier list.
Useful website with good information.