Is Halo Dad?

• Halo is mom

Votes: 134 23.0%
  • Halo is dad

Votes: 244 41.9%
  • The Place that Shall Not Be Named is extra-dad

Votes: 205 35.2%

• Total voters
I also forgot to mention we need a classic Firefight. Warzone Firefight is a good warmup, but it quickly lost its novelty Due the to "survive a few easy rounds, spawn some vehicles, win" meta. Also the online requirement, and the forced team aspect make it inferior imo.

When I think about it. H4 had some pretty good ideas for new gametypes. I'm surprised regicide, extraction, and ricochet didn't carry over. Warzone seems like a logical evolution of dominion, though.

I think 343 has made some really fun gametypes between Halo 4 and 5.

EDIT:
so you want them to make swat breakout?
Jump off an energy bridge.

But to be fair, Breakout was a cool concept. I'm of the opinion though that Arena Breakout (the variant with shields) was more enjoyable, especially with the CE Pistol. Breakout also gave us Extinction which is pretty fun.

Last edited:
Been switching back and forth between Halo MCC and Halo 5 lately and I really do love me some Halo 5! There is one thing I just cannot get over: THE SHIELD DOWN AND RECHARGE SOUND!

343 - I know it is a tiny and silly thing, but is there ANY way we could get the shields switched back to their correct and glorious selves?!?!?! (Or even maybe a toggle between sounds in the options?)

Been switching back and forth between Halo MCC and Halo 5 lately and I really do love me some Halo 5! There is one thing I just cannot get over: THE SHIELD DOWN AND RECHARGE SOUND!

343 - I know it is a tiny and silly thing, but is there ANY way we could get the shields switched back to their correct and glorious selves?!?!?! (Or even maybe a toggle between sounds in the options?)
Good luck.

(I think divorced from nostalgia I like the shield low sound effect more, but the recharge definitely lacks the sense of restoration the old one has.)

I initially didn't like the current shield sounds. But more I like how informative the sound design in this game is generally.i feel less reliant on the HUD because the shield sounds are more overt.

The amount of information they manage to convey purely using sound in H5 is really impressive.

I can see why some might prefer the actual sound of the old games but I think the changes are for the better overall.

The grenade sounds are amazing.

The amount of information they manage to convey purely using sound in H5 is really impressive.

I can see why some might prefer the actual sound of the old games but I think the changes are for the better overall.

The grenade sounds are amazing.
The shield sounds are pretty bad in Halo 5 actually. They need to change them back in Infinite.

Not something that I see them do, because it's very low priority, but...

343i could probably make a new "Sounds" REQ pack category, where you can choose your sounds for various things, similiar to that MP Announcer pack. Would also be a very easy change, if we had official mod support.

Not something that I see them do, because it's very low priority, but...

343i could probably make a new "Sounds" REQ pack category, where you can choose your sounds for various things, similiar to that MP Announcer pack. Would also be a very easy change, if we had official mod support.
man, i hope they go to town on announcers in infinite. you could have the obvious characters like cortana and arbiter. the less obvious "classic" characters making guest appearances like 343gs or johnson, but most exciting of all, can you imagine if they got some of the most well known casters? i'd love to hear walshy, goldenboy, or (especially) simms go absolutely nuts for an overkill! hell, hire ninja too - you know for the kiddos. bananas

man, i hope they go to town on announcers in infinite. you could have the obvious characters like cortana and arbiter. the less obvious "classic" characters making guest appearances like 343gs or johnson, but most exciting of all, can you imagine if they got some of the most well known casters? i'd love to hear walshy, goldenboy, or (especially) simms go absolutely nuts for an overkill! hell, hire ninja too - you know for the kiddos. bananas
Yeah in some respects I feel like the REQ system barely scratched the surface of what's possible, and I think I'd much rather pay real money for those kinds of features versus the micro transactions for REQ packs.

remember when we all asked about req voice packs for the announcers and they did it! :)
Keep hope alive!!!

In regards to the REQ packs and micro-transactions, I never really got into Warzone so they didn't affect me much.

I'm firmly in the camp of micro-transactions being fine for cosmetics, emotes, voice packs, and anything else that is only aesthetic. If they can fund continued support of games (free maps, events, etc) I don't mind at all. I just don't want them to affect gameplay.

I really like that we are seeing costly map packs go away these days as it keeps player bases from splintering to the haves and have nots.

Was playing the brilliant Roaming King playlist when it was bait and switch replaced with Rock ‘N’ Rail under my nose. Lasted less than sixty seconds in the match before I quit that garbage. So disappointing that a genuinely interesting (and social) new objective playlist has been replaced with yet another tired big explosion slayer variant that belongs in action sack.

Was playing the brilliant Roaming King playlist when it was bait and switch replaced with Rock ‘N’ Rail under my nose. Lasted less than sixty seconds in the match before I quit that garbage. So disappointing that a genuinely interesting (and social) new objective playlist has been replaced with yet another tired big explosion slayer variant that belongs in action sack.
Keep that crap out of my action sack, those gamemodes belong in the garbage tbh

The shield sounds are pretty bad in Halo 5 actually. They need to change them back in Infinite.
The sounds themselves are pretty obnoxious, but I think the logic behind the implementation is strong. I'd like to see them take the same idea, but ditch the reverb and high pitched fluttery beeps with something less grating. Hell it could be cool to allow us to choose between sheild sounds,

Some other things I like are the headshot sound, the kill hitmarker and sound, the shotgun flashlight, the sniper lens flare, the assist sound. These are some really subtle, organic ways to deliver info without cluttering the UI or watering down the Meta.

I would like to see grenade hitmarkers and grenade indicators go bye bye though.

Halo MP brightest star is about team work in objective game types and you will never change my mind.

roaming king was a treat, because it shined its light on Halos best element.
You will never convince me in a million years that slayer is the best experience in Halo regardless of the weapon set, and you shouldn't try because you would be wrong.

Infinite needs to take OBJ in stride and really show what makes Halo so great.

objective is indeed > slayer. I'm ashamed to admit that it took me until halo 5 to realize this. no radar > radar too. it only took me to my late 30s to outgrow my scrub phase.

no radar > radar too. it only took me to my late 30s to outgrow my scrub phase.
It's a maturity thing, for sure. Congrats on your sophistication and a d u l t h o o d .

Some may get there sooner, some later, but eventually we all realize no radar (or limited radar in the case of H5 HCS w/ sprint) is how Halo should be played. And if you never get there, hey.. that's part of life too.

It's a maturity thing, for sure. Congrats on your sophistication and a d u l t h o o d .

Some may get there sooner, some later, but eventually we all realize no radar (or limited radar in the case of H5 HCS w/ sprint) is how Halo should be played. And if you never get there, hey.. that's part of life too.
one of these days i may even try to plug in a mic again to communicate with teammates. but first i have to kick my habit of cursing out my lag (true story, my internet is trash) and shittier teammates. maybe in my 40s.

I think 343 has made some really fun gametypes between Halo 4 and 5.

EDIT:

Jump off an energy bridge.

But to be fair, Breakout was a cool concept. I'm of the opinion though that Arena Breakout (the variant with shields) was more enjoyable, especially with the CE Pistol. Breakout also gave us Extinction which is pretty fun.
Dominion needs to make a comeback in Infinite.

They should just split Halo MP into two if they're gonna keep doing Warzone and other elaborate game modes: one larger scale (16+ players, probably 20-24ish), possibly class-based version, and standard Halo multiplayer focusing on arena-size and BTB (8-16 players). Classic Halo is better suited for simpler modes, and should very much focus on making those experiences good.

Not sure trying to cram in Warzone and Dominion and Invasion and etc. with others is smart. The fact is not all maps can support everything reasonably, and trying to make maps that cater to small selection of modes leads to overall small map pools, perhaps.

Of course, this may not be truly feasible. But neither is "everything in one game". Without gigantic or multiple teams.

Dominion needs to make a comeback in Infinite.
Both Dominion and Extraction. Extraction was so underrated it hurts me inside. In an ideal world, we'd have all three: Dominion, Extraction and Invasion. Maybe even Warzone variants of it. Halo's sandbox is so varied, let's use it a bit more.

headhunter and stockpile were superlative

edit: honestly, if they really have built an all new engine focused on the future, they should look at all past gametypes as an ingredient list of sorts and if not do it themselves, have the tools there for us to make them (but at this point they need to just be in the game by default) not in MM, but just preloaded into customs. Too much gets left behind with each game.

Last edited:
honestly, if they really have built an all new engine focused on the future, they should look at all past gametypes as an ingredient list of sorts and if not do it themselves, have the tools there for us to make them (but at this point they need to just be in the game by default) not in MM, but just preloaded into customs. Too much gets left behind with each game.
I honestly can't see 343i not including a plethora of gamemodes available on release for Halo Infinite. That was one of the main and most vocal concerns about Halo 5 when it launched. Yeah, not everything has to be in matchmaking (although more objective playlists would be welcomed for social), but have them actually supported and included with their own entry in the menu. The option to create gamemodes is really cool and appreciated, but it feels better to have many officially supported game variants available.

I'd love for Warzone 2.0 to be more cognizant of more traditional halo dynamics rather than going back to the loot&loadout gameplay from H5.

Incorporate static weapon/powerup spawns, classic objectives (CTF,Assault, oddball, Etc), and Dominion-style base defense incentives.

headhunter and stockpile were superlative

edit: honestly, if they really have built an all new engine focused on the future, they should look at all past gametypes as an ingredient list of sorts and if not do it themselves, have the tools there for us to make them (but at this point they need to just be in the game by default) not in MM, but just preloaded into customs. Too much gets left behind with each game.
They definitely should try to have as many gametypes in the game as possible.

That said, I think they really need to streamline the MM offerings and provide a really robust custom games system for everything else. We rely too much on playlists- and Playlist management is an unwinnable battle.

All of the modes that were in Reach should be in Halo Infinite at the very least along with proper Forge support, maps and matchmaking support. If the gameplay isn't classic then they should have a classic playlist in at launch.

I expect Warzone or an evolved/expanded version of Warzone to be in at launch aswell, hopefully with proper BTB maps/support rather than at it's expense.

Were they though?

Were they really?
Jem, my dawg, yayaya

They were just, fun.

That was one of the main and most vocal concerns about Halo 5 when it launched. Yeah, not everything has to be in matchmaking (although more objective playlists would be welcomed for social), but have them actually supported and included with their own entry in the menu. The option to create gamemodes is really cool and appreciated, but it feels better to have many officially supported game variants available.
Yup yup

I'd love for Warzone 2.0 to be more cognizant of more traditional halo dynamics rather than going back to the loot&loadout gameplay from H5.

Incorporate static weapon/powerup spawns, classic objectives (CTF,Assault, oddball, Etc), and Dominion-style base defense incentives.
Yeah. And then some kinda crazy spawn mechanic where you dynamically land at different areas of the.. wait, jk trup

They definitely should try to have as many gametypes in the game as possible.

That said, I think they really need to streamline the MM offerings and provide a really robust custom games system for everything else. We rely too much on playlists- and Playlist management is an unwinnable battle.
Yeah it's just crazy to think how many fan favorite game mores are simply home, effectively erased from history.

Just imagine Halo 5 being your first Halo game, you'd think the series is all about sweating your ass off, try hard, hardcore Slayer with maybe (3 plot) and CTF mixed in sparingly.

For casual play (which is so incredibly important and Halo 5 does not facilitate at all) objectives are great because even if you can't communicate, and some of your players suck, atleast theres a common and obvious goal.

Looks like Frosty is done with Halo once Blops4 drops.

That sucks, he's one of the most fun players to watch

https://www.dexerto.com/call-of-dut...ing-to-competitive-cod-for-black-ops-4-175921
No point in playing Halo right now, unless they go through with an MLG circuit for H2A or Halo 3 on MCC. COD went 5v5 for Black Ops 4, so in general there is a lot more spots available. Rumor in the community is that Frosty could already be on a pool play team going into the first event.

There is a throwback Black ops 3 tournament today that Eco, Stellur, Renegade, and Frosty are teaming together for against some top players.

Were they though?

Were they really?
Yeah?

Just another reason why I can't take these pro players seriously, especially since the first instinct is to jump ship to Call of Duty of all things.
Why does that mean they shouldn't be taken seriously? What's the fault in persuing stability and consistency?

I also don't know if "first instinct" is an accurate description of his thought process. He's been playing professional halo for years.

Last edited:
Why does that mean they shouldn't be taken seriously? What's the fault in persuing stability and consistency?

I also don't know if "first instinct" is an accurate description of his thought process. He's been playing professional halo for years.
The goal posts keep getting moved by the pro community is the issue I have. Before MLG came back it was stated MLG would be the savior of the Halo pro community. Yet you still have these pro players jumping ship for games that arguably take less skill like Call of Duty.

The goal posts keep getting moved by the pro community is the issue I have. Before MLG came back it was stated MLG would be the savior of the Halo pro community. Yet you still have these pro players jumping ship for games that arguably take less skill like Call of Duty.
i mean, can you blame them? some of these guys, like frosty, could be making so much more money switching. why wouldn't they?

It was the hope that MLG would be the savior- and organizationally HCS has never been in a better place... But that doesn't change the fact that there's a undeniable about of uncertainty associated with playing in this league. Viewership is down, orgs aren't interested, and long term plans aren't revealed in a timely fashion.

These guys are playing professionally. Naturally, a game's competitive design will be a factor, but there's also a financial element that can't be ignored. Frosty and crew were dropped by a massive Org, despite being a 2 time world Champions. Thats significant!

I'll never fault a player for doing what they think is best for themselves individually. That's like shaming a worker for Quitting a company that doesn't have his best interests.

Last edited:
Whats the worst that could happen? He sucks at COD this year, and can come back to Halo once Infinite is released. He could even do horribly but grow a fanbase if people find him entertaining enough, then if he comes back to Halo he will bring fans with him; or he is a natural beast at COD and wins Champs this year and never returns to Halo. Oh well, at least there is another Halo player who made it big, when Halo was struggling.

Also MLG did kind of save Halo. Without MLG we wouldn't even have had a season after the ESL Pro League ended. It just goes to show that no one gives a hell about H5 esports outside of the dedicated community.

Yes I can blame them. Getting paid to play Halo is not something I can have sympathy for.
Lol

Whats the worst that could happen? He sucks at COD this year, and can come back to Halo once Infinite is released. He could even do horribly but grow a fanbase if people find him entertaining enough, then if he comes back to Halo he will bring fans with him; or he is a natural beast at COD and wins Champs this year and never returns to Halo. Oh well, at least there is another Halo player who made it big, when Halo was struggling.

Also MLG did kind of save Halo. Without MLG we wouldn't even have had a season after the ESL Pro League ended. It just goes to show that no one gives a hell about H5 esports outside of the dedicated community.
He said he isn't planning on returning to Halo when Infinite comes out.