In "Yes, it's still relevant" news, Minecraft maintains higher MAU than Fortnite (91m vs 78.3m)

Wow, you actually dug around for quotes to make this post? Anyways not sure why you even quoted me when my entire post was me bring skeptical. Then again, wouldn't surprise me if you didn't even read all the posts in your petty attempt to make a "GOT 'EM" post.
I think it highlights the surprising misconception, rather than being malicious.

Lmao. Just say you didn't know Minecraft was this big and you were wrong or ignore it. Geez.

Anyways I really didn't realize Minecraft was this big. When did I last play it? I don't think I've ever played it lol. It doesn't seem appealing to me.
I have already apologized for my ridiculous comments and any pain I caused to the other poster over the weeks since I made that comment. What more do you want from me?

For those wondering how many people are playing Minecraft on last gen consoles, 360/PS3/Vita/Wii U recently received Update Aquatic, but it is stated to be the last major update those platforms will get. The reason was because less than 5% of players are on those platforms.

https://minecraft.net/en-us/article/update-aquatic-coming-legacy-console-editions
So Minecraft, a paid product from several years ago, gets more monthly active users on more or less the same platforms Fortnite is on (plus the 3DS, but I assume that is also a relatively low percentage), when Fortnite is a free-to-play game, it's the hottest thing right now with a huge mainstream attention and it has a lot of engagement plans (the pass, daily and weekly challenges, constant updates, etc.). Damn son.

Grats to Minecraft, I've been playing since the Alpha and gotta say the game has come a long way.

Despite spending many hours playing it, it's one of these games that I keep coming back to thanks due to the fantastic mod community delivering new content to check out.

Sounds shill-y but it's true that mods are what keeps pulling me back in. For example I never thought I'd be fighting the Grim Reaper using Kaio-ken in order to resurrect my dead wife and son, but that's definitely what happened in one modpack I was playing with friends and it was glorious.

I'm not surprised at all. My son's neighborhood friends seem to split their time pretty evenly between both games.
And there's a handful who's parents don't allow fornite because of the gun violence.

I'm not surprised at all. My son's neighborhood friends seem to split their time pretty evenly between both games.
And there's a handful who's parents don't allow fornite because of the gun violence.
I think this is important too. I'm no parent, but if I were, I would think twice until I allowed my kid to play Fortnite. Whereas I would probably actively encourage said kid to play Minecraft. Mostly because Fortnite is a online only shooter. Minecraft (which can be online, true), is appealing for the creativity it allows.

Jesus

But you know what, it makes sense

Fortnite is challenging and a lot of kids suck. Sometimes you run into such awful Fortnite players that it becomes quite clear they are kids.

Its too competitive and skilled for a lot of players.

Minecraft is casual, creative, and relaxing. Far more enjoyable to give a 6 year old IMO.

If Minecraft went free to play..
From what I've seen, an awful Fortnite player is just as likely to be an adult. I've seen my 11 year old and his friends absolutely wreck people in Fornite.

My 11 year old laughs when I ask him why he doesn't play minecraft anymore. None of his friends do either in his school. I wonder what age demographic is still playing Minecraft because 10 and up for the most part it's all Fortnite from what I can see.

And lol at the dude who said Fortnite Is diminishing and dying out hahaha how out of touch with reality can you be.
11 is also the age where kids stop playing Pokémon because it’s no longer cool.

Then at some point they come running back.

I think this is important too. I'm no parent, but if I were, I would think twice until I allowed my kid to play Fortnite. Whereas I would probably actively encourage said kid to play Minecraft. Mostly because Fortnite is a online only shooter. Minecraft (which can be online, true), is appealing for the creativity it allows.
As a parent with two children who play both games, I was hesitant at first with them playing Fortnite. Not so much for violence, but more for the online interactions and etiquette. However, I watched my son play at first to see how he handled it and now I have no issues whatsoever besides his occasional addiction to it that gets in the way of his school studies (but that's not just a Fortnite problem).

My six year old does play Fortnite as well, but mostly on his iPad instead of the consoles and does fairly well. However, he still plays Minecraft quite a bit, more so than Fortnite.

So Minecraft, a paid product from several years ago, gets more monthly active users on more or less the same platforms Fortnite is on (plus the 3DS, but I assume that is also a relatively low percentage), when Fortnite is a free-to-play game, it's the hottest thing right now with a huge mainstream attention and it has a lot of engagement plans (the pass, daily and weekly challenges, constant updates, etc.). Damn son.
I guess every single one of those 91mil players gets to see the Microsoft logo while booting it?

Microsoft made the right choice back then to buy Minecraft.

11 is also the age where kids stop playing Pokémon because it’s no longer cool.

Then at some point they come running back.
I wonder if that will be true of today's younger gamers. Anecdotally, my nephew told me he's aware of the meme so he thinks he will still like Pokemon as a teen.

It's interesting to note that our generation didn't really see adults like Pokemon so in our minds, Pokemon was a kid's thing. Kids today are seeing adults like Pokemon especially with Go being huge with adults.