Japanese Music ERA |OT|

Boy I'll be really disappointed if KISEKAE doesn't make the cut.
Love that song. More than the A-side Mondai Girl. But I think it's too old at this point. All the vocal harmonies going on in the chorus. Mua. So good.

EDIT: Hey on second thought, wasn't the Mondai Girl single created for the Kyary "Best of" album? In which case I think it's destined to stay off album 4.

Last edited:
Went to see 集団行動 and SHE IS SUMMER at Shibuya WWW today. Dang good show. 集団行動 sound even better live than on CD, I was pretty impressed. Tight performance and more presence by the drums.
It was my second time seeing SHE IS SUMMER, and it was even better than the first time. Mico is the cutest thing. Haven't listened to her new work yet but the songs were excellent.
Especially enjoyed that one

Both covered a song of the other act so that was nice.

Well, their full album only had like 4 new songs (and boy, do we really need a third release in a row with Bitter? It’s good song but hey) and they announced that a new mini-album was coming in Fall soon after.
The “big” news that everyone saw coming is that they’re going major. (I expected Universal, not Sony for some reason)
Excited for it, they’re one of my favorite bands right now.

What is yalls opinion on Fishmans? Just realized they got added to American Spotify and I'm a big fan, own all the records on vinyl

Also I'm having lots of trouble finding Japanese artists on vinyl, seems to be a big delay from initial release date to vinyl release or no vinyl release at all. All you other Japanese record collectors - what are your favorite sources

So, this week I've been listening to あそびあそばせ's ending* (full version came out this week). Both it and the B-Side are fucking amazing, the perfect blend of metal and (idol-like) pop. So I've also been going around listening to idol metal groups trying to find something similar but nothing is as good.

The quoted song is pretty good tho, even if I wasn't into their other songs.

* Here's the link if any of you haven't heard it yet (B-Side link at the end): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xht6qmbYRD8

exFallen has been fantastic.

So, this week I've been listening to あそびあそばせ's ending* (full version came out this week). Both it and the B-Side are fucking amazing, the perfect blend of metal and (idol-like) pop. So I've also been going around listening to idol metal groups trying to find something similar but nothing is as good.

The quoted song is pretty good tho, even if I wasn't into their other songs.

* Here's the link if any of you haven't heard it yet (B-Side link at the end): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xht6qmbYRD8
This song is good.

Have you checked out Kaqiryo Terror Architect? Their Cultural Mixing album blends together some rock, some metal, and some electronic alongside idol pop. There's also PassCode, but they're kinda like Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas. Additionally, Broken By The Scream is pretty heavy for idol-metal.

Have you checked out Kaqiryo Terror Architect? Their Cultural Mixing album blends together some rock, some metal, and some electronic alongside idol pop. There's also PassCode, but they're kinda like Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas. Additionally, Broken By The Scream is pretty heavy for idol-metal.
I did check Broken By The Scream, the MV they released a couple of days ago, but not the other two. Tanks for the recs.

What is yalls opinion on Fishmans? Just realized they got added to American Spotify and I'm a big fan, own all the records on vinyl

Also I'm having lots of trouble finding Japanese artists on vinyl, seems to be a big delay from initial release date to vinyl release or no vinyl release at all. All you other Japanese record collectors - what are your favorite sources
Jetset and HMV, with the occasional Amazon purchase, have been good enough to cover most Japanese-market vinyl I've been interested in. Also Wenod but that's a specialty store focused on hip-hop/city-hip-pop stuff. (Is that even a thing beyond Manhattan Records mixes? think chelmico, OMAKE CLUB stuff like Tokyo Health Club, etc.) All three ship to Canada, so I assume the U.S. works too.

Went to see 集団行動 and SHE IS SUMMER at Shibuya WWW today. Dang good show. 集団行動 sound even better live than on CD, I was pretty impressed. Tight performance and more presence by the drums.
It was my second time seeing SHE IS SUMMER, and it was even better than the first time. Mico is the cutest thing. Haven't listened to her new work yet but the songs were excellent.
Especially enjoyed that one

Both covered a song of the other act so that was nice.
Ooh. Last song of theirs I heard I was like "it's alright, though production seems good".

Now I'm interested.

EDIT: Region locked again. :(

EDIT2: Nevermind got it. Album was only $3.45 on iTunes.

Cö shu nie announced a new mini album, 5 songs, coming October 24th. Can't wait, even if it's probable it's going to be all songs I've heard before. I would guess both songs from asphyxia, supercell, butterfly addiction and a new song or something from OVERKILL (フラッシュバック maybe)

COALTAR OF THE DEEPERS are releasing their first new song in 7 years, SUMMER GAZER '92, on itunes tomorrow. Also announced that their next release RABBIT E.P. will be released in November 2018.

Stupid question: are lossless files from sites like Ototoy better quality than the CD?
24bit is, in theory. the actual functional difference is almost completely imperceptible in most real world applications.

the short story is that recording in 24 bit is beneficial because the added dynamic range helps keep out hiss and noise so people will just encode the final file at that because they can (or because they want to charge you more for it). thing is, once music is mixed and mastered, it's not using that extra bandwidth so you'll probably never notice the difference between cd quality (16 bit) and 24 bit uncompressed.

all things equal? grab the high quality i guess. if it costs more, don't waste your money.

Last edited: