Japanese Music ERA |OT|

First MV starring their new bassist. They also announced that their music will be available on digital platforms starting tomorrow, good.

Lol, another song where Koyama screams

Man, loving the 2 songs Kinoko Teikoku already released from their upcoming album. Happy to see that it's 13 songs long, just hoping there's not too many interludes considering the length appears to be 50 minutes (though I guess my personal favorite Neko to Allergy was 53 minutes long with 12 songs, and it didn't have any interludes/"non-songs" so I hope it's in the same vein)

Man, loving the 2 songs Kinoko Teikoku already released from their upcoming album. Happy to see that it's 13 songs long, just hoping there's not too many interludes considering the length appears to be 50 minutes (though I guess my personal favorite Neko to Allergy was 53 minutes long with 12 songs, and it didn't have any interludes/"non-songs" so I hope it's in the same vein)
Thanks for the heads up. It's also releasing near my birthday so that's even better.

HASAMI group released their 19th(!) album a few days ago, for free as usual. I love this group and their melancholy noisy internet music. (though I'm pretty sure it's mostly just one guy)

Yesterday's Shabekuri with Hirate was the gift that kept on giving. A laughing Techi is all you need.

Dope song but lol at that MV. Did they really have to shove the tie-up game in there. It's brief but still haha

Last edited:
Yesterday's Shabekuri with Hirate was the gift that kept on giving. A laughing Techi is all you need.
Yup. Was adorable. Read a report online that after Kitagawa Keiko did that random crazy dance, Hirate did it too... but noone laughed (I assume on purpose :P) and she ended up embarassed.
Kinda wish that made the final cut :P

We got the tracklist for きゃりー's new album:
01. バーチャルぱみゅぱみゅ
02. キズナミ
03. 原宿いやほい
04. 音ノ国
05. きみのみかた
06. ちゃみ ちゃみ ちゃーみん
07. 演歌ナトリウム
08. 恋ノ花
09. とどけぱんち
10. 最&高(Album Edit)
Really weird, a ton of the singles is not there, no もんだいガール, Crazy Party Night ~ぱんぷきんの逆襲~ and とどけぱんち over 良すた. Crazy Party Night had 3 B-Sides and not a single one of them here. But more importantly, no KISEKAE, therefore, 2/10 bad album confirmed.

Polkadot Stingray did a song for a movie about SNS stalkers I think.
Was already looking forward to that movie, makes it even better. Song sounds fire.
They're also doing the ending theme for Radiant, a pretty hyped upcoming anime based on a French manga. Get that paper!

-
Some great releases out this week :
Bird Bear Hare and Fish's first full album Moon Boots.
They're the rebooted Galileo Galilei. Same members + a new one. It's pretty much the continuation of the former band, so if you're like me and loved their indie-pop/rock it's wonderful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlWMP-rBXfc

Yap!!!'s double EP Bichrome/Monochrome. Yap!!! was formed last year by the telephones's Ishige Akira, so it kinda sounds like them, minus the super wacky lyrics. I thought their debut was decent, but man this double release just blew me away, especially Bichrome. This one actually focuses on collabs, featuring the two CHAI vocalists, Sugahara from 9mm Parabellum Bullet, Koide from Base Ball Bear, Supercar's Nakamura, DATS/yahyel's MONJOE and KANDYTOWN's Ryohu. It's just a blast to discover all these weird combinations that just work so well. And of course their "solo" EP Monochrome is good shit. One of the my favorite releases of the year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWmx9NTCtDU

STUTS's Eutopia. One of the hottest trackmakers in recent years. Not much to say, if you're into cool ass hip-hop, whether it's instrumental or with guest rappers you're gonna like it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OW7UxHOXI4

Last edited:
New KANA-BOON sounds just like Ajikan. What a great song. (proxy needed)

Base Ball Bear's vocalist Koide launched a new project called Material Club. Looks like it'll focus on electronic music (or should I say computer music/DTM). First song released was made along with Chatmonchy's Acco, wonder if it's just for this one or if she'll also be on the album scheduled for November. Either way it sounds great.

We got the tracklist for きゃりー's new album:

Really weird, a ton of the singles is not there, no もんだいガール, Crazy Party Night ~ぱんぷきんの逆襲~ and とどけぱんち over 良すた. Crazy Party Night had 3 B-Sides and not a single one of them here. But more importantly, no KISEKAE, therefore, 2/10 bad album confirmed.
Makes sense to me. All those songs including KISEKAE (amazing) had their place and time.
Bring on the brand new material!!!

"Die hard" KT fans always rag on NtA because it wasn't as 'shoegazey' or dark as Eureka but like, NtA is better produced and has more energy? I don't know, there's no account for taste.
I actually don’t care much for Eureka. It’s definitely solid, but as far as their indie stuff go I think Uzu ni Naru (this album blew my mind back when it was released) and Fake World Wonderland are way more enjoyable.
Also thought Long Goodbye was okay, but it’s FWW that pulled me back in after Eureka and Long Goodbye. NtA was the finishing blow that made me go “Alright they’re amazing”

Last edited:
"Die hard" KT fan here, it's because they literally changed genres with Neko to Atsume, with Fake World Wonderland begin the middle of the road transition. They changed their sound to something I couldn't care less about, so no amount of good production or energy is going to save it for me.

there is basically never an example where you can convince me that good production saves mediocre music

if anything, sounding like trash is frequently a plus in my book. see: first OYSM album best OYSM album

Might be the album that finally make me love them.

-
New Yonezu Kenshi single dropping on October 31. Double a-side called Flamingo / Teenage Riot. From the titles alone I kinda expect upper/weird dancey tunes, especially coming after Lemon which was a more dramatic and emotional ballad, but who knows. Hope he doesn't have a lot of pressure after Lemon, sitting at 156 million views currently lol
Even LOSER that was released in 2016 is still getting a ton of views. Broke the 100 millions barrier in July, and still got 20 millions more since then. What the hell.

Last edited:
i hope gonchi is back in as well... i'd think itsuka would just go do her own thing if she was doing a solo career

Anyway, how's downloading music off amazon.co.jp? Do i need a jpn credit card or some shit? Now that amazon is refusing to ship to australia because hur dur taxes or some shit I figure I should start buying digital music or whatever

Charisma dot com are off hiatius!!!!

Might be Itsuka solo right now? Not sure
Yessss, I like this. She is performing at the end of the month in Madrid, and I was wondering what was the point.

I don't thin we will see Gonchi any time soon (let's be honest, she didn't do much to begin with, aside of hyping the crowd in life performances and speaking english).

i hope gonchi is back in as well... i'd think itsuka would just go do her own thing if she was doing a solo career

Anyway, how's downloading music off amazon.co.jp? Do i need a jpn credit card or some shit? Now that amazon is refusing to ship to australia because hur dur taxes or some shit I figure I should start buying digital music or whatever
Haven't used Amazon for music in forever since I use Apple Music/iTunes but :
-Create an account with a Japanese postal address (even a made up one works)
-Add points to your balance using a credit card (you can't directly pay for digital music with a foreign card, but you can add points for some reason)
-You may have to use a Japanese proxy when you buy the music (you don't need it anymore once the music got added into your library so you can download it at full speed)

--
Suddenly got the urge to listen again to some Denpa Girl, man their major debut album from last year is dope

Haven't used Amazon for music in forever since I use Apple Music/iTunes but :
-Create an account with a Japanese postal address (even a made up one works)
-Add points to your balance using a credit card (you can't directly pay for digital music with a foreign card, but you can add points for some reason)
-You may have to use a Japanese proxy when you buy the music (you don't need it anymore once the music got added into your library so you can download it at full speed)
That or delete your credit card after purchasing the points.
It always tries to complete the purchase with my foreign card for some reason (despite having sufficient amazon points lol).

Also, how do you go about purchasing your JP Apple Music sub Kurita?

Also, how do you go about purchasing your JP Apple Music sub Kurita?
It’s super simple : Japanese iTunes account + Japanese iTunes cards. I usually get them on Play-Asia, the prices aren’t crazy high like on other websites (though things might have changed).
No VPN or anything required when you want to use the service.

I can even get the student discount even though I’m studying in France and not Japan so that’s neat.

It’s super simple : Japanese iTunes account + Japanese iTunes cards. I usually get them on Play-Asia, the prices aren’t crazy high like on other websites (though things might have changed).
No VPN or anything required when you want to use the service.

I can even get the student discount even though I’m studying in France and not Japan so that’s neat.
Oooh. Might have to try this once I remember my study login. Thanks again for another helpful way of getting j-music.

EDIT: Worked without a hitch and didn't ask for a CC once I had credit on my iTunes account!

Last edited:
btw i finally listened to a kana-boom album i picked up yonks ago in a book-off (Time) and surprise i fuckin love them
About time Jintor-kun. Their latest mini-album is also excellent so get on that.
Also it’s “Boon”

Oooh. Might have to try this once I remember my study login. Thanks again for another helpful way of getting j-music.

EDIT: Worked without a hitch and didn't ask for a CC once I had credit on my iTunes account!
No problem, enjoy!

Looks like some artists for this year’s Kouhaku got leaked and the first timers are extremely my shit : Mrs. Green Apple, Suchmos, Aimyon and BTS. Oh yiiiiiiis