Japanese Music ERA |OT|

The new Kinoko Teikoku album is...okay? It's definitely not as energetic as Neko. In fact, it's kind of an extension of their last EP (which I felt lukewarm about as well). A lot of ballads with a couple tracks that I dug. Might have to give it a few more listens but it didn't hit me like their previous albums did.

The new Kinoko Teikoku album is...okay? It's definitely not as energetic as Neko. In fact, it's kind of an extension of their last EP (which I felt lukewarm about as well). A lot of ballads with a couple tracks that I dug. Might have to give it a few more listens but it didn't hit me like their previous albums did.
I enjoyed it a lot, and there’s actually a couple of songs that reminded me of the Uzu ni Naru album which was nice.
I think it’s their release that focuses the most on “band sound”, if that makes sense.

Hotei has a new song for HnK's 35th anniversary. Kenshiro is on bass, and Raoh is on drums in the PV. lol

Promotion edit ver on the Ranunculus PV was released a few days ago

校庭カメラガールドライ - New Way of Lovin' might be my favorite release this year, and is immediately one of the best Tapestok releases to date

it either purposely or accidentally solved the issue of their full length albums having a few subpar songs by only having 7 songs with no clunkers too

Anybody know of a VPN that will work with Hulu Japan? Namie’s final performance is streaming later, and NordVPN isn’t working for my friend.

god knows why but amazon.co.jp seems to have logged me out and won't let me log in again, just endlessly looping when it asks me to confirm my (old) CC expiry date. and i can't contact tech support without using an international number because apparently amazon.jp hasn't heard of this thing called 'e-mails'

god knows why but amazon.co.jp seems to have logged me out and won't let me log in again, just endlessly looping when it asks me to confirm my (old) CC expiry date. and i can't contact tech support without using an international number because apparently amazon.jp hasn't heard of this thing called 'e-mails'
Can’t you just create a new account?

Old, but I can finally watch the damn MV without a proxy in my neck of the woods.

校庭カメラガールドライ - New Way of Lovin' might be my favorite release this year, and is immediately one of the best Tapestok releases to date

it either purposely or accidentally solved the issue of their full length albums having a few subpar songs by only having 7 songs with no clunkers too
Totally forgot this came out, been blasting the sampler on soundcloud til today lol.

New MTH song for the first time in 5 years. Given the lyrics and the video I guess they're moving to Warner. (EDIT: yeah, they say it at the end of the video). New single in November. Hopefully a new album is coming soon. They already announced that they're taking a break from live shows cause Daisuke has a hernia lol

Last edited:
well if it's not Nao having a baby then it's Daisuke hurting himself somehow. it's the most MTH thing to happen.

song is dumb but I'm sure it's not meant to be taken too seriously.
Also Ryo lost a ton of weight, good for him.

-
New Maison book girl album on November 21st. Scheduled to feature 21 songs, huh.

21 tracks anyway. I'm sure like half of them are Coshoji's silly spoken word stuff.

It would be nice if even a few songs actually sounded different.

Last edited:
New Jun Togawa album announced! She has been doing shows for a while now with Urbangarde's keyboardist and they're releasing an album together out in November.

New Gang Parade album and live blu-ray announced, album is called LAST GANG PARADE.

good, more time for acting
She didn't say she was going to stay in showbiz, but who knows. Wouldn't be surprised.

Couple of precisions from her blog post :
-Talked about it to the staff last year
-Will be active until the end of the year (meaning she'll surely be featured on the 22nd single already in production)
-Her graduation concert will be held in 2019, but no date has been announced. It also means that she will be on "hiatus" until that show.

Man, I'll miss her :(

I'm actually surprised she's leaving before Maiyan (expecting her to graduate pretty soon tbh)

Last edited:
Also Bananaman's Himura was caught messing around with a 16 year old (this article says they fucked http://news.nicovideo.jp/watch/nw3905841) so uh, goodbye to his career. idiot.
Dang, looked into it. Happened 16 years ago and she told him she was 21 apparently. Man, they're one of my favorite duos, that's a bummer to learn if it's true. Hope Shitara will keep going.

Rough day for Nogizaka fans.

-
New Aimyon single on November 14. Will be used for the new drama starring Aragaki Yui and Matsuda Ryuhei. Sounds great.

Teaser for [Alexandros]'s new album. Nothing "new" in the teaser though, aside from アルペジオ, the theme song for the game Judge Eyes. There's already 8 songs that were featured on singles, but they say that it'll feature a lot of new tracks so it might be a long album. SNOW SOUND, 明日、また are still godtier songs, and KABUTO is growing on me now that I'm hearing it along the other tracks. The limited edition will come with a compilation of rare tracks and demos, looking forward to that.

Last edited:
Boku no Lyric no Bouyomi announced he's quitting music. Last album + a best-of will be released in December, and he'll be done by January. The announcement was made on TV during News Zero. Looks like he couldn't take the pressure of being called a genius all the time, and he never saw himself like this. He's only 20 and has been releasing stuff since 2014, guess it was a bit too much for him and wanted to stay lowkey. A real shame, he was super likable and all of his albums were fantastic. I wonder what he'll do next...
Thanks for these great 4 years my dude. Had the chance to see him in concert with Hitorie back in 2016, he killed it.
I remember being in awe when I first heard sub/objective.