Japanese Music ERA |OT|

Yonetani announced she’ll leave Keyakizaka46 once the promotion for the 7th single is done.
Man that sucks. She never was a super popular member but I don’t think you can dislike her, she was so sweet. Always had a soft spot for her.

-

Last edited:
BOC releasing two MVs out of nowhere, oh yiiis. They released like 6 digital singles (all of them were amazing) since the last album in 2016 so I hope we're getting something this year. Man even 20 years after their debut they still manage to kill it everytime.

Directed by Yamato Yuuki so that's great. Cool song, love that fantasy-ish vibe.

Great cover, which reminds me that it's easily my favorite Nogizaka46 song and maybe my favorite song of 2018.
The sweet, inspiring melody, the lyrics... I love everything about it.

Speaking of which, Nogizaka are releasing their 22nd single on November 24. At first I expected Nishino to be the center for her send-off, but since she said she wouldn't be part of the group anymore by the end of December... that's not enough time to promote the single with her as the center. Asuka or Maiyan are the safe choices, but I wouldn't be surprised if they get a brand new center for this release. They're really high on Yamashita so this is a possibility.

Last edited:
Yonetani announced she’ll leave Keyakizaka46 once the promotion for the 7th single is done.
Man that sucks. She never was a super popular member but I don’t think you can dislike her, she was so sweet. Always had a soft spot for her.
Pretty bummed for sure :(
She seemed to be a solid support source for a bunch of members too :(

Also one of the few members to react nicely on TV as well.
RIP Volvox (ボルボックス) Adventures...

Keyakizaka's first live bluray came in the mail today, let's do thiiiiiis. I also hope they release this year's anniversary live, where the members replaced Techi as centers.
-
Neetz from KANDYTOWN is making his solo major debut. First song featuring PES from Rip Slyme, Tsubaki and MUD is great stuff.

Dang, great song. Hearing Miyamoto on a track like this is pretty new.

-
Another graduation from Nogizaka, this time it’s Wakatsuki. She’ll leave on November 30th. Guess that’s why she’s right in the middle of the new formartion (and Nishino is the center). One of my absolute favorites so that sucks. At least they’re pushing the 3rd gen, this time Kaede and Riria got in their first senbatsu, so the transition shouldn’t be that brutal.

Last edited:
Another graduation from Nogizaka, this time it’s Wakatsuki. She’ll leave on November 30th. Guess that’s why she’s right in the middle of the new formartion (and Nishino is the center). One of my absolute favorites so that sucks. At least they’re pushing the 3rd gen, this time Kaede and Riria got in their first senbatsu, so the transition shouldn’t be that brutal.
Wonder if this is why we haven't heard much from the results of the new-gen auditions.
Waiting for all these graduation announcements to roll out?

... I hope there aren't more from the Keyaki side... o_o

Wonder if this is why we haven't heard much from the results of the new-gen auditions.
Waiting for all these graduation announcements to roll out?

... I hope there aren't more from the Keyaki side... o_o
Yeah maybe that's why... Still weird. There's been some fuckery during that audition so lol

I checked when Nogizaka 3rd gen and Hiragana 2nd gen got introduced out of curiosity :
Nogi 3rd Gen : members unveiled on early September 2016, first TV appearance (i.e. Nogizaka Koujichuu) on February 2017 (they did have their own stage play before that though)
Hiragana 2nd Gen : members unveiled early August 2017, first KeyaKake appearance on early October 2017.
Though I guess the new thing in 2018 is that it was a general audition for all 3 groups, not separate like before.

Honestly I'm a bit worried the 4th Nogizaka gen will suffer the same fate as the 2nd gen and just be forgotten (one thing I think that fucked over the 2nd gen is that they joined the group quite early when Nogizaka weren't on top of the world like today, and also had 30+ members already)
It's pretty clear the 3rd gen are the ones who will take/are already taking the 1st gen's spot (Hori and Shinuchi are the exceptions), they're already appearing everywhere on popular TV shows/magazines along the popular OGs who keep hyping them up, and have a significant fanbase...

It's also waaaaay too early for new Hiragana members. They're only just now becoming a fully fledged group.

Keyakizaka are the only ones ready to get new members imo. It's their 3rd year (by the time the 2nd gen is ready to join the group it'll be like early/mid 2019 so that's the sweet spot), with 2 graduations, as well as Shida and Harada on hiatus.
And having a senbatsu system might make them even more motivated. I'm really excited about this.

I talk way too much about Sakamichi groups, I need help.

Last edited: