Kingdom Hearts Community: May your heart be your guiding key

Finally starting on BBS. I'm really liking it. The combat isn't on par with 2FM but man, do I like the mechanics and system. Command Deck, cooldown system instead of MP, and motherfucking Shot Lock.

Huh? Let's see what's happening in there...

Yea I going to just stick with discussing KH in here. When I saw someone say "KH plot is just as convoluted as MGS", or how some got confused after KH2, I checked out.

Once the OT for KH3 gets here, I can imagine the questions that can be easily answered in the older games.

That being said, I think its time we just go back to discussing the series and stop worrying about the main gaming side when it comes to KH. When someone is ready to tackle this series, they'll find this place.

We can talk about how Ventus and Roxas need their own game
It kills me a little inside every time I remember Ven and Lauriam are around during the Keyblade War and how they won’t complete that story before KHIII. I would love to have a game about Roxas trying to figure out his place in the world while Sora and Ventus exist. But that might be giving too much credit to Nomura.

Going back to finish watching the TFS Gaming KH stream and I just realized... Man, they've used the PS2 KH2 models for a long time haven't they? Is KH3 the first time we're getting new models since 2005? xD

Going back to finish watching the TFS Gaming KH stream and I just realized... Man, they've used the PS2 KH2 models for a long time haven't they? Is KH3 the first time we're getting new models since 2005? xD
It's one of the reasons why KHIII has taken so long. They had to rebuild everything instead of recycling resources.

Kinda sucks that they've rebuilt a lot that is not going to be used after this game, like some of the characters.

I think every KH game actually uses different models, they’re just very similar and use that same art style. Even the HD ports have updated models, not just texture updates. Not to mention BBS and DDD have a bunch of new worlds and characters.

KH1:

KH1 HD:

Bonus, KH re:coded (also note how the Keyblade is different)

I hope we get clips to serve as epilogues during the credits like KH2 did. Like small clips that show how Lea, Roxas, Xion(?), & Namine living their lives in Twilight town. Or Terra, Ventus, Aqua, and maybe Eraqus, back at the land of departure now that Xehanort has been defeated. Things like that...

I hope we get clips to serve as epilogues during the credits like KH2 did. Like small clips that show how Lea, Roxas, Xion(?), & Namine living their lives in Twilight town. Or Terra, Ventus, Aqua, and maybe Eraqus, back at the land of departure now that Xehanort has been defeated. Things like that...
I'd be surprised if they didn't, considering even Birth by Sleep bothered to do the same thing.

they're gonna do the "Bad Guy is Sora from the Future/Past" shtick

but it's MoM, not Xehanort

i'm sure that's been debunked or there's something to prove it wrong by now, but tbh his characterization is just so similar at times

Great news! Still a bit bummed that it appears Hayden Panettiere might not be returning and Jesse McArtney says that he hasn't been asked back yet. With Roxas, I understand wanting to keep it a secret though.

I was wondering, could this scene...

referring to the ending of DDD instead of an event from KH3?
I actually have a theory about this.

I think this refers to the final battle between Sora and the 13 seekers of darkness.
As you can see in the background all the other guardians of light are out of the game
and only Sora is left, surrounded by the Norted ones.

Now in the trailer, after this screeshot young Eraqus says to young Xehanort: "My move isn't it"?

Well my theory is that the key move Eraqus does is remove Sora from the board and bring in Roxas.
To me this implies that Sora will lose this battle, maybe even succumb to darkness himself
and then you must control Roxas(yes Roxas as second playable character) and you have to bring back Sora.
It will be the exact opposite of what everyone was expecting :P

http://press.na.square-enix.com/rel...veiled-for-disney-and-square-enixs-kingdom-he

Awesome that they are starting to confirm voice actors. Getting most of the main casts for the films is a great thing that at least shows Disney's commitment their end to making the game as authentic to the films as possible. Mandy Moore being a strange omission has to be in for Tangled surely?
I’m worried about no jesse in this list, last trailer literally showed that roxas comes back i mean

I believe that McArtney will return too. His voice is too important to lose and Roxas has a lot of fans.

There's a thread for this news over in the gaming side. I wonder how long that one will last lol.

I get that, but there are some other issues with playing KH2 later. A number of elements of KH2’s story are at odds with later games, particularly in how Roxas and Naminé are treated. It’s weird no matter what, but going from the new story direction, back to the old one, then to the new one again is worse. It’s easier to brush of those parts of KH2 when the following games are consistent with each other.
Yeah that's fair. Plus I did enjoy the mystery of it all back when KH2 released.

I do really love how going back to it after watching Days enhances that intro so much more though. What's super confusing and mysterious feels like a finale to Roxas arc (up until that point anyway) rather than a intro with a mysterious stranger you don't know too well.

TWEWY Final Remix release artwork from Nomura. Makes me wish TWEWY would be in KH3 in some form. Maybe Link summon pls..
It's some beautiful Nomura artwork. Interesting how Chirithys popped up in quite a few pieces with Sora, makes me wonder if we'll see him in 3 in some form.

Also I refuse to believe this is a coincidence with see you in shiyuba line, this artwork and Nomuras odd comment chucked into his TWEWY interview about Kingdom Hearts 3.

Last edited:
Really hope Destiny Islands is playable in this game as a regular one or a mini game world with blitzball, fishing, and surfing or whatever. Could even have more FFX/FFVIII characters in it.

we will probably see again every FF/TWEWY character we have encounter till now in KH 3 imo.
Yeah i'd be very suprised despite Nomura mentioning how FF characters don't matter as much anymore (though I understand his comments) in this series if they skimmed over the Radiant Garden gang.
Really hope Destiny Islands is playable in this game as a regular one or a mini game world with blitzball, fishing, and surfing or whatever. Could even have more FFX/FFVIII characters in it.
There was a neat theory I saw that Destiny Islands and The Realm of Darkness are connected in 3 making essentially one big area in someway, would be a neat way to tie them together. We got Tidus and Wakka being older with new designs teased in 2 but we never actually saw them sadly so it'd be neat if we did get something like that.

I would find it really odd if we go to Radiant Garden and Leon and gang aren't there, absolutely nowhere in sight, in 3 after they fought so hard for it in KH2. I was sorta disappointed they didn't show up as teenagers in BBS when I got there back when the game first came out on the PSP.

I might be recalling wrong but I think Nomura actually did want to put younger versions of the Radiant Garden gang in Birth By Sleep but opted not to because it would be a bit too much/overwhelming. (understandable with how many characters were already packed in there)

It's kind of funny in hindsight considering 3's basically showing/including everyone from past games though. (minus some Disney characters)

I have to imagine all SE has in store for FF8 is a remaster like the rest and the only reason it hasn't been ported to everything like the others is the current lack of one. I don't even understand why everyone was so surprised by its absence.

I have to imagine all SE has in store for FF8 is a remaster like the rest and the only reason it hasn't been ported to everything like the others is the current lack of one. I don't even understand why everyone was so surprised by its absence.
A remaster similar to the one the gave to FF IX most likely.