Kingdom Hearts Community: May your heart be your guiding key

Really hope Destiny Islands is playable in this game as a regular one or a mini game world with blitzball, fishing, and surfing or whatever. Could even have more FFX/FFVIII characters in it.
Holy cow I would love if they made an all-new, updated, real-time Blitzball. Imagine you can just recruit all sorts of NPCs, even secondary Disney characters.

I’m now disappointed this fake thing doesn’t exist.

edit: I'm sorry this was a double post, got my stuff mixed up and didn't realize I was already the latest post at the time because it was hours later.

Last edited:
from a pure hype-building standpoint I think Secret Episode's ending supercedes it, brief as it is

it would be several years before they made good on the promise made by this sequence, even though it was eventually neutered
Man this had me hyped. I wish it wasn’t cancelled or rather wish that 0.2 was a full game.

I can't even imagine what vol. 2 was supposed to be about. Obviously parts of it became 0.2, but what's with the Days and KH2 era scenes?
Nomura was hinting in interviews forever that he wanted to explain what Riku and Mickey were doing in between games after KH2 released. Days and coded only briefly touched on it because they weren't the focus. Now with Aqua's predicament they had enough incentive to do such a game as a lead-up to KH3 but then Nintendo announced the 3DS and SE shifted gears to develop 3D instead.

I don't know how.

0.2 (and coded) at its worst is inoffensive and negligible.

DDD straight up invalidates KH2 and adds the most unecessary "we need more villains" excuse in the series.
0.2 invalidates blank points, makes mickey and yensid look absolutely incompetent and honestly it’s a story that didn’t need to be told. Only good thing out of 0.2 was we now know how Xehanort knows how to find ven. The end cutscene was the only thing of worth. Aquas reactions to ansem make absolutely no sense now she knew full well sora and riku were active and terra and ven were not

Outside of the stuff with Roxas, KH2's plot is not good. The worst in the whole series. We've spent multiple games afterward trying to clean up the mess it made.

Nothing of value is lost by invalidating it. 0.2 actively hurts an actually good story.

Despite whining a ton about story stuff of KH I have relatively little issue with the overall narrative in KH2. The only 3 big problems for me are:

1) Organization was not used well, especially coming from CoM, and even the stuff they added in Final Mix was kinda meh. There was almost no interaction between the members.

2) Xemnas is straight up bad main villain (especially following the hyping of him from CoM) compared to Maleficent and Ansem from 1 or MX in BBS. The only thing Xem has going for him are great final boss fight and hammy voice acting.

3) Most of the Disney stuff. Nuff said.

Outside of the stuff with Roxas, KH2's plot is not good. The worst in the whole series. We've spent multiple games afterward trying to clean up the mess it made.

Nothing of value is lost by invalidating it. 0.2 actively hurts an actually good story.
Kingdom Hearts 2 has the best scenes with Riku in the entire series. After waiting for 3 whole games, 2 if you didn't do CoM, of reuninting with your best friend you're finally able to with one tragic scene for Sora.

Honestly I feel like KH2 is the best plot wise, Nomura just tries to overdo what he has previously and it's in BBS and 358/2 days adding all the stuff from KH2 that makes it messy. Organization XIII could have been Sora's gambit of villains and just left it like that.

0.2 invalidates blank points, makes mickey and yensid look absolutely incompetent and honestly it’s a story that didn’t need to be told. Only good thing out of 0.2 was we now know how Xehanort knows how to find ven. The end cutscene was the only thing of worth. Aquas reactions to ansem make absolutely no sense now she knew full well sora and riku were active and terra and ven were not
Yen Sid and mickey look dumb long before 0.2 comes along.

Blank Points strength is its presentation. Strip that and there's no big narrative loss to it.

Does 0.2 need to exist? No.

Does it impact anything significantly?

Also no.

Like what fucking story does it activelt hurt?

Your ass can't fucking say cause it's negligible.

It doesn't impact any of the games.

Does it make Mickey and Yen Sid look like jackasses?

Yeah... but so does every game after CoM

Biggest stupido moment of 0.2 is basically the entire thing tying to KH1 ending which was totally unneccessary and presents stupid situations like how Riku didn't see Aqua and Mickey RIGHT THERE with a huge ass heartless tornado to boot.

Biggest stupido moment of 0.2 is basically the entire thing tying to KH1 ending which was totally unneccessary and presents stupid situations like how Riku didn't see Aqua and Mickey RIGHT THERE with a huge ass heartless tornado to boot.
I see no need for it. The story should’ve simply been aqua coming to terms with being in the dark realm/trying to get out etc. She should have never been anywhere near that Kh1 situation lol. And yes riku is blind and deaf

Yeah that's dumb, but it's dumb and negligible.

Like most KH stuff.

Unlike DDD which is dumb and completely reworks character motivations.

Xemnas and Ansem straight up don't make sense after DDD.

Oh, no question DDD is the most harmful entry by far in the grand scheme of things if you ask me but ya know, whatever. I feel I'm totally opposed to many things the current core fanbase likes.

I would muuuuuch rather have had KH3 follow up BBS rather than DDD.

Oh, no question DDD is the most harmful entry by far in the grand scheme of things if you ask me but ya know, whatever. I feel I'm totally opposed to many things the current core fanbase likes.

I would muuuuuch rather have had KH3 follow up BBS rather than DDD.
I like the premise of the test they had to take tho Xehanort messing it up is where it all went south

I still say coded about to do more damage to the plot than any of us can imagine lol

I like the premise of the test they had to take tho Xehanort messing it up is where it all went south
That's all fine and dandy but

1) I would rather have had new characters instead of ten million returning ones including the triple lame combo of Xemnas-Ansem-YX, oh god how many times do we need to have the same villains? And I won't even go to into fuckin Data-Riku but I suppose that one isn't neccessarily on DDD. And this is pretty much part of the reason why Nomura doesn't want to give FF cameos any room nowdays because so much effort goes into bringing eeeeeeveryone back.

2) I didn't need to see Sora regress into a total buffoon.

3) They should have concluded at least the Aqua+Ventus part in DDD instead of leaving it to KH3. It just feels that the game has so much unneccessary baggage that could have been dealt with or removed altogether and have room for new stuff.

That's all fine and dandy but

1) I would rather have had new characters instead of ten million returning ones including the triple lame combo of Xemnas-Ansem-YX, oh god how many times do we need to have the same villains? And I won't even go to into fuckin Data-Riku but I suppose that one isn't neccessarily on DDD.

2) I didn't need to see Sora regress inyo a total buffoon.

3) They should have concluded at least the Aqua+Ventus part in DDD instead of leaving it to KH3. It just feels that the game has so much unneccessary baggage that could have been dealt with or removed altogether and have room for new stuff.
Hey hey data ku is all coded lol

On point 3 I took major Ls I thought 0.2 was gonna be saving aqua for sure and that was before that opening was even shown....how wrong I was lol

On one hand, I think adding time travel was really unnecessary. On the other hand, YX's complete apathy toward everything because of the time travel rules is incredibly amusing to me.

DDD ruined Xemnas and Ansem as characters as it had to have the nobodies of amnesiac xehanort be in line with Old man Xeh.

The time travel forced us to rehash so many old villains that didn't need to.

DDD could have been so much easier if instead of the council of Xehanorts.

We got Terranort reformed, but the reformation shocked him into regaining all of his old memories as MX.

Then just add Braig and Isa.

Three clear concise villains

The PC port on steam being a thing did confuse me a bit with it not being included in the other platform ports, but it sounds like it was buggy as all heck.

Might be a case of they genuinely did lose the source code so a proper port isn't doable very easily. We've had FFVII and heck even Kingdom Hearts run into the same issues with porting them (with some of the source code lost so having to work off of a older build) because it's the only way I can rationlise it being the only one missing out of the lot.

On the topic of that I wonder if Cloud and Sephiroth will return in 3 given how anti-climatic their battle in 2 was.

You know: I would lose my mind if in KH3, there's a super boss fight with the CEO of Square Enix like in NieR Automata or when they had plans to have it in FFXV, but cancelled it.

Also a quick question for you guys: we know that KH was initially a FF & Disney Crossover. Though recently we had TWEWY characters show up in the series for DDD. Is there any other series from Square's properties that you would like to see? I know I would like to see 2B from NieR Automata to show up. They'll have to change her design a bit, but it would be kinda cool.

You know: I would lose my mind if in KH3, there's a super boss fight with the CEO of Square Enix like in NieR Automata or when they had plans to have it in FFXV, but cancelled it.

Also a quick question for you guys: we know that KH was initially a FF & Disney Crossover. Though recently we had TWEWY characters show up in the series for DDD. Is there any other series from Square's properties that you would like to see? I know I would like to see 2B from NieR Automata to show up. They'll have to change her design a bit, but it would be kinda cool.
Brave fencer boss fight

malyse

Community Resetter

Dissidia Cup.
Thanos.

I always thought it'd be cool to see Wei Shen from Sleeping Dogs in San Fransokyo.