Kingdom Hearts Community: May your heart be your guiding key

If it was up to me, KH3's main villain would just be Xehenort with none of this 13 vs 7 nonsense. It overcomplicates the story too much. The whole norting everyone and most of DDD makes no sense.

Im just worried the story is going to suffer from the fan service of having everyone return for this final battle.

Luxord confuses you? The traitors I would get and demyx but I think luxord makes plenty sense
Doesn't confuse me (He was one of the most loyal members after all), I was just hoping for something a bit different.

Like, we have Young Xehanort (prior to actually getting his keyblade), and Master Xehanort, but what about grown ass man Xehanort? I would think a Xehanort in his prime would be pretty damned cool to see (and pretty dangerous), especially if No Heart in Birth by Sleep is any indication.

Doesn't confuse me (He was one of the most loyal members after all), I was just hoping for something a bit different.

Like, we have Young Xehanort (prior to actually getting his keyblade), and Master Xehanort, but what about grown ass man Xehanort? I would think a Xehanort in his prime would be pretty damned cool to see (and pretty dangerous), especially if No Heart in Birth by Sleep is any indication.
Don’t knock that possibility lol it’s nomura

That'd be awesome and honestly I wouldn't rule it out, it doesn't need to make sense and it'd be a nice surprise. I mean it's Nomura we're talking about.

Edit: Haha.

Been playing through the series to get ready for 3 thanks to the PS4 collections. Played 1 and 2 back in the day but never any of the portable games. Really enjoying revisiting the series and playing some stuff for the first time. Couple things:

1. 358/2 Days is definitely my favorite game in the franchise so far. Best trio obviously and the whole tone of the thing really resonated with me. It reminded me of Persona 3 a bit with this just omnipresent melancholy over the whole game. Yeah the mission design was pretty repetitive but it just didn't bother me. I also just got this kind of like weird nostalgia kick out of it because aesthetically it looked like a PS1 KH game which I was way into. A friend of mine convinced me to actually play it instead of watching the movie version and I'm super glad she did. I went back and watched the movie after to get the PS4 theme and it was a lot worse. The game does such a good job of selling the closeness of the trio with little things. After nearly every mission you get the ice cream vignette and eventually come to really feel it when someone is missing from the routine.

2. On the other side of that is Birth By Sleep. I just got through the first two stories(Terra and Ventus) and I feel like the opposite is happening here. They don't spend any time at all selling the idea of this trio being close. They all say they are but after the like 30 minute intro they're almost never together again. They hearken back to the same handful of flashbacks to show them being "close" too and idk, it's just not really working for me. I like the game a lot despite this but this game was always sold to me as being the best one with the best cast so idk, feeling a bit disappointed in it atm. Going to start Aqua's story soon which I'm excited for, I've always liked her character on design alone and she also seems like the only smart one of the bunch.

3. What's the general consensus on end game KH bosses? Like every game has the end boss rush of 2,3, or 4 bosses and they always seem to be accompanied by these big difficulty spikes too. Like they suddenly demand way more of you than any other fight in the game has and, frankly, I don't feel like the combat mechanics always feel great in the harder fights. I could just not be good at using the skills though.

Currently playing Kingdom Hearts 2. Just finished the 1000 Heartless battle. Some question.

From my understanding, Fake-Ansem from KH1 is the Heartless of Xehanort. Xehanort is apprentice of Real-Ansem. And when he turns into Heartless, he also spawn a Nobody called Xemnas, who leads Organization XIII. What happen to the real Xehanort ? Did he turn into Fake-Ansem (similar to how Sora turns into Shadow in KH1) ?

What exactly is a Heartless ?

What happen when Heartless killed by Keyblade ? Why do Organization XIII benefit when Sora kill Heartless with Keyblade ?

Currently playing Kingdom Hearts 2. Just finished the 1000 Heartless battle. Some question.

From my understanding, Fake-Ansem from KH1 is the Heartless of Xehanort. Xehanort is apprentice of Real-Ansem. And when he turns into Heartless, he also spawn a Nobody called Xemnas, who leads Organization XIII. What happen to the real Xehanort ? Did he turn into Fake-Ansem (similar to how Sora turns into Shadow in KH1) ?

What happen when Heartless killed by Keyblade ? Why do Organization XIII benefit when Sora kill Heartless with Keyblade ?
Xehanort is split into those two beings, the Fake-Ansem and Xemnas.

Heartless killed by the Keyblade release their hearts and they flow into their Kingdom Hearts, their plan is to have Sora continue to defeat Heartless to give them more hearts so that their Kingdom Hearts can be complete.

Xehanort is split into Ansem and Xemnas. They're two separate halves of him. Normally, Heartless are totally mindless, but because Xehanort willingly turned into one (like Sora) he regained some sense of who he is as Ansem. At the same time that Ansem was formed, the leftover body and mind of Xehanort became Xemnas.
There's darkness in all (well, almost all) hearts. When the darkness overcomes the heart and takes control, it becomes a Heartless and sheds the human body.
When Heartless are defeated by the Keyblade, the hearts inside of them are released and go to a specific place. When a whole bunch of hearts gather in that one spot they form (a man-made) Kingdom Hearts.

So the next couple of events are Paris Games Week, that Microsoft Press Conference in November, The Game Awards, potentially PSX(though by now it doesn’t really look like it’s happening), and Jump Festa.

Wonder which ones KH3 makes an appearance at

So the next couple of events are Paris Games Week, that Microsoft Press Conference in November, The Game Awards, potentially PSX(though by now it doesn’t really look like it’s happening), and Jump Festa.

Jump Festa is a lock, Kingdom Hearts trailers shows up there all the time. As for where else i don't know

Xehanort is split into those two beings, the Fake-Ansem and Xemnas.

Heartless killed by the Keyblade release their hearts and they flow into their Kingdom Hearts, their plan is to have Sora continue to defeat Heartless to give them more hearts so that their Kingdom Hearts can be complete.
Xehanort is split into Ansem and Xemnas. They're two separate halves of him. Normally, Heartless are totally mindless, but because Xehanort willingly turned into one (like Sora) he regained some sense of who he is as Ansem. At the same time that Ansem was formed, the leftover body and mind of Xehanort became Xemnas.

There's darkness in all (well, almost all) hearts. When the darkness overcomes the heart and takes control, it becomes a Heartless and sheds the human body.

When Heartless are defeated by the Keyblade, the hearts inside of them are released and go to a specific place. When a whole bunch of hearts gather in that one spot they form (a man-made) Kingdom Hearts.
So when Xehanort let himself consumed by the Darkness, his consumed heart came out of his body and it became Fake-Ansem, while the original body (and mind?), now without any heart, became Xemnas. Am I getting this right ? Out of these two, which one retains the memory of Xehanort ?

------

Okay now this lead to another questions regarding Sora and Roxas.

It's been years since I played KH1, can someone reminds and explain to me how Sora came back from being a Heartless ?

Iirc, Roxas is Sora's Nobody. If Nobody is the original body left behind when darkness consumed a heart, then how come Roxas looks different than Sora ?

Regarding KH2 Prologue, how come Hayner and co, don't remember anything about Roxas ? Is it a 'dreamlike' sequence ?

Feel free to spoil me if all of these explained in another titles ahaha

So when Xehanort let himself consumed by the Darkness, his consumed heart came out of his body and it became Fake-Ansem, while the original body (and mind?), now without any heart, became Xemnas. Am I getting this right ? Out of these two, which one retains the memory of Xehanort ?

------

Okay now this lead to another questions regarding Sora and Roxas.

It's been years since I played KH1, can someone reminds and explain to me how Sora came back from being a Heartless ?

Iirc, Roxas is Sora's Nobody. If Nobody is the original body left behind when darkness consumed a heart, then how come Roxas looks different than Sora ?

Regarding KH2 Prologue, how come Hayner and co, don't remember anything about Roxas ? Is it a 'dreamlike' sequence ?

Feel free to spoil me if all of these explained in another titles ahaha
  • You're right about "Ansem" and Xemnas. Both of them retained their memories of Xehanort.
  • Sora is purified by Kairi when she embraces his heartless form. This gives him a human form again.
  • Roxas appearance is something that will be explained later in the series.
  • The Twilight Town used in the KH2 intro is a simulation created by DiZ (The red robed man) so Roxas never interacted with the real Hayner and co.

• You're right about "Ansem" and Xemnas. Both of them retained their memories of Xehanort.
  • Sora is purified by Kairi when she embraces his heartless form. This gives him a human form again.
  • Roxas appearance is something that will be explained later in the series.
  • The Twilight Town used in the KH2 intro is a simulation created by DiZ (The red robed man) so Roxas never interacted with the real Hayner and co.
Thank you ! That clears up a lot of my confusion to the story (so far) !

They showed 0.2's opening at PGW so it's possible to show something this year again, although I think the chances are not as high. Not sure about MS conference tbh. As for The Game Award it will be pretty good spot to show off the game since it's the last big event before launch for the West. And of course there is Jump Festa which will 100% get a trailer.

I'm honestly pretty suprised that minus that extended one that got pulled they've just gone with the one demo (with two worlds) until release. I expected at least one more showing off another world like Pirates at a convention for sure. Ah well, at least we got that Frozen footage.

Question, how strong are the keyblade users during the events of Back Cover? Are they stronger or weaker than 'modern' Keyblade users like Aqua, Ventus, Sora, Mickey, and so on?

(At least I think Mickey is more modern?)

Question, how strong are the keyblade users during the events of Back Cover? Are they stronger or weaker than 'modern' Keyblade users like Aqua, Ventus, Sora, Mickey, and so on?

(At least I think Mickey is more modern?)
MoM was probably at a whole different level considering he could pull Keyblades out of hearts at will. The randoms were definitely below all the current main characters, but it's hard to say with the Foretellers.

Huh.... I don't... I don't feel like I had any questions answered but so many more questions.
Yep, that’s what it’s supposed to do. To be continued in KH3. The mysterious box is one of the biggest story points in KH3. The trailers so far have had Organization members and Maleficent look for “a black box”.

Nomura said you will find out what’s in the box in KH3.

So wait Ventus was around for Kingdom Heart X (the same time period as Back Cover), but doesn't KHX take place like loooong before KH Birth By Sleep?
We have literally no idea how, but yes. I assume you're either watching the X cutscenes or a recap? Because the same goes for another character who you'll being seeing soon.