Kingdom Hearts Community: May your heart be your guiding key

KHIII feels like it has too many plots, like...

Okay, we gotta asssmble the 13 Darknesses and 7 Lights to fight, and we’re finally gonna beat Xehanort somehow. Cool.

We gotta save Aqua and wake up Ven, maybe something with Terra and Eeaqus’ Hearts. Makes sense, adds to the 7 Lights.

Oh, we gotta revive Roxas, Namine, and Xion and get them hearts. Oh, that sounds like a lot but still possibly tied in and doable.

Then we have the entirety of whatever it is the X series is trying to tell us. The Black Box with 13 locks and Book of Prophecy coming from out of nowhere. Also not knowing what’s up with Ven and Lauriam.

So wait Ventus was around for Kingdom Heart X (the same time period as Back Cover), but doesn't KHX take place like loooong before KH Birth By Sleep?
Yes. Lauriam (or as you know him Marluxia) is also there. We have no idea how it’s possible though and Nomura dodges the question in interviews.

At one point or another it should hopefully be explained.

Okay, we gotta asssmble the 13 Darknesses and 7 Lights to fight, and we’re finally gonna beat Xehanort somehow. Cool.

We gotta save Aqua and wake up Ven, maybe something with Terra and Eeaqus’ Hearts. Makes sense, adds to the 7 Lights.

Oh, we gotta revive Roxas, Namine, and Xion and get them hearts. Oh, that sounds like a lot but still possibly tied in and doable.

Then we have the entirety of whatever it is the X series is trying to tell us. The Black Box with 13 locks and Book of Prophecy coming from out of nowhere. Also not knowing what’s up with Ven and Lauriam.
Nomura said KH3 will conclude all of the plots of the past ten games. Every character will get a resolution and no character will be forgotten about. Everyone will be brought back to finish their stories. No cliffhangers, no plot holes, no questions left unanswered.

It’s going to be interesting to see how they tackle all of that story in KH3, definitely a lot to cover. Also not sure if I recall 100% but I think Nomura said in an interview that we will see the back stories of the organization members in KH3? Thought I remembered hearing that in a TheGamersJoint video.

Last edited:

I am very interested and scared of how well paced the game will be, it definitely has to be the longest game in the series to tie so many plot points.

Huh.... I don't... I don't feel like I had any questions answered but so many more questions.
That's backcover in a nutshell. Everyone expected it to answer a ton of questions we had about Chi/Union but instead it just added more.

So wait Ventus was around for Kingdom Heart X (the same time period as Back Cover), but doesn't KHX take place like loooong before KH Birth By Sleep?
While we don't have the gaps fully filled in the assumption is he survived the keyblade war, and after helping rebuild the world ended up in the current Kingdom Hearts one. (we first see him Keyblade Graveyard in BBS canonically) It's a bit weird but it does at least fit and it'll be interesting to see where it goes when we finally get back to the plot again.

I was a bit worried at first but from the trailers it seems like Nomuras done a suprisingly good job of juggling everything. The Black Box obviously will have some baring on the plot but I don't think much other major chi/union x stuff will pop up until after 3 unless they're minor nods (though i'd really love a 5 union leaders battle like dataorg, seems like a really good idea for optional bossfights)

Also whatever Maleficent is doing.

I liked Maleficent as the main villain of KH1

And the villainous ally of sorts in KH2.

But it's unquestionable that each subsequent reappearance has just erroded her threat level

Maybe KH3 will actually rectify that.

One thing I like about KH(That the foretellers fail at, but hey, fuck em)

Is how the games really do a great job of expressing the difference in style between keyblade wielders.

Sora and Roxas fight nothing alike

Ven is slightly close to sora, but not quite

Terra like Roxas is a ROCK

Aqua's got a lot of grace

RIku's kinda a edgelord, but also really acrobatic.

One thing I like about KH(That the foretellers fail at, but hey, fuck em)

Is how the games really do a great job of expressing the difference in style between keyblade wielders.

Sora and Roxas fight nothing alike

Ven is slightly close to sora, but not quite

Terra like Roxas is a ROCK

Aqua's got a lot of grace

RIku's kinda a edgelord, but also really acrobatic.
This is something I've always appreciated. Extends to NPCs, too: Eraqus wields his almost samurai-like, with an emphasis on swift, focused strikes, No Heart mixes keyblade transformations with hand to hand combat... it's great.

I was gonna be snarky and bring up replicas and data people, but with Sora and Riku’s fighting styles changing over time and Roxas switching to two Keyblades, I guess even the clones are unique now.

Nomura said KH3 will conclude all of the plots of the past ten games. Every character will get a resolution and no character will be forgotten about. Everyone will be brought back to finish their stories. No cliffhangers, no plot holes, no questions left unanswered.
The Avengers 4 of Kingdom Hearts. I'm so excited and I only started this franchise a month ago.

When all the worlds were 'together' in Kingdom Hearts X, were all the Disney worlds also there? Unsure if they ever clarified.
The way I interpret it is that the Keyblade War splits the world up and then the chunks evolved uniquely into their own from there? I guess that's kinda difficult with how different they are for that to have happened in 100-ish years, but that's just how I took it.

Sorry to come back to this. I finally got KHUX to install on my phone (space limitation, I had WAAAAY more music than I recall), so I know I have to play Kingdom Classic games, but what scores do I need to make sure i qualify for a code?

Sorry to come back to this. I finally got KHUX to install on my phone (space limitation, I had WAAAAY more music than I recall), so I know I have to play Kingdom Classic games, but what scores do I need to make sure i qualify for a code?
You can check the required scores in the limited time menu. But the required scores is as follows;
Fishing Frenzy: 7500
Giantland: 50
Musical farmer: 5000
Karnival kid: 30000
Barnyard battle: 25000

The points stacks so just keep playing until you've met the goals.

You know it's kinda funny going back to the complaints about the story and the fact that there are people who only played 1 and 2 and only enjoy them for the Disney aspect. It made me realize that even though it may be complicated I actually loved the story of Kingdom Hearts. It actually comes down to how I got into the series because truth be told when KH1 was announced and eventually released I gave zero fucks about this game as it came off too corny for me. I believe the game came out 2002 and I like completely forgot that it came out then I just remember in like 2004 when I was in the Navy stationed in Norfolk I can't remember the name of the place where I use to hangout on base where you can play video games at but I remember playing FFX-2 at the time and there was a guy next to me playing KH and I'd look over there and remember not being all that impressed with it but thinking somewhat it was cool fighting disney bosses and such but still not sold on it. Then 2005 I got out the Navy and then found out one of my little brothers was really into it and then showed me the final fight and such and it was cool but not enough to make me play it. Then he got KH2 and that's where everything changed for me. I was a fan of the Pirates series so seeing that be on of the world kinda peeked my interest but watching my brother play that game and I think it mainly the reaction command that made me really like that game as some of them look truly bad ass but also the duel keyblade wielding and such but yeah watching my brother play that game just absolutely changed my whole entire opinion on the series as a while especially watching the final boss fight with Xemnas. I would eventually play the game myself beat it and get the secret ending. I also would eventually go back and play KH1 and beat that game as well. I did all of that before Days came out basically I do need to go back and play Re:Com(or just watch a movie since I not that big of a fan of that combat style) and watch the Re:Coded movie as well but yeah it's crazy that this is my favorite video game series when I originally never even cared about it. KH2FM is my favorite game of all time as a result since the vanilla version was the one that got me into the series and I can still enjoy playing that game today. It's probably the game I beat the most also.

A lot needs to be resolved but a lot of those can potentially be connected to each other in the storyline one way or another, so it's not like Xion needs 20 hours devoted just for her.

I was kinda sad that Final Mix never made that into a proper battle (similar to Roxas vs Sora one) obviously it would've been pretty minor/small and nothing big but it would've been fun to see.

0.2 invalidates blank points, makes mickey and yensid look absolutely incompetent and honestly it’s a story that didn’t need to be told. Only good thing out of 0.2 was we now know how Xehanort knows how to find ven. The end cutscene was the only thing of worth. Aquas reactions to ansem make absolutely no sense now she knew full well sora and riku were active and terra and ven were not
Time works differently in the Dark Realm and she's losing memories while she's there too

DDD ruined Xemnas and Ansem as characters as it had to have the nobodies of amnesiac xehanort be in line with Old man Xeh.

The time travel forced us to rehash so many old villains that didn't need to.

DDD could have been so much easier if instead of the council of Xehanorts.

We got Terranort reformed, but the reformation shocked him into regaining all of his old memories as MX.

Then just add Braig and Isa.

Three clear concise villains
Time travel only actually added Young Xehanort, Ansem and Xemnas.

Everyone else has been resurrected.

Braig, Isa, Even, Lauriam etc. got remade into Nobodies by the other Xehanorts.

And Vanitas was straight up resurrected and is from the current timeline not from the past.

Also a famitsu interview came out recently.

Apparently, Vanitas is the second in command of the organization and not any of the other Xehanorts. Interesting.

Why the hell does MX trust Vanitas more than his various other incarnations?

Also a famitsu interview came out recently.

Apparently, Vanitas is the second in command of the organization and not any of the other Xehanorts. Interesting.

Why the hell does MX trust Vanitas more than his various other incarnations?
There wasn't an interview in the latest issue of Famitsu. What interview is this?

Going with Ven is going to get the haircut. It seemed like his hair is shorter in KHuX. Though I always wondered why Nomura drew Roxas older and with longer hair in this artwork. He never gave him long hair in the games. Maybe a scrapped idea?

Wtf is xaldin I just noticed he hasn’t been seen right?
As far as I remember, we haven't seen him in 3. Though he was mentioned in DDD.

Xaldin and his Heartless had been destroyed, Dilan was able to come back as a human once more. However, he and Even were unstable following their resurrection in Ansem's lab. Because of this, he and Even were forced by Aeleus to rest longer in an unspecified location in the castle. Aeleus mentions later to Lea that both Even and Dilan are awake, but still unstable.

Wtf is xaldin I just noticed he hasn’t been seen right?
We still have many trailers. 3 Disney world reveals (probably) plus all of the original worlds reveal. And then probably a launch trailer a week before launch. Nomura said they’re bringing everyone back to finish their story and I would think Xaldin is included in that when even Roxas, Xion and Naminé (just why? For what purpose is Naminé back?) are included.

There are many events that KH3 could appear at: We have PGW this month, X0 next month, The Game Awards and Jump Festa in December.

I personally think that a lot of third party have PSX marked on their calendar every year as a big event and since there’s no PSX, will move their PSX trailers to X0 and The Game Awards.