Kingdom Hearts Community: May your heart be your guiding key

I hope there is a scene where he apologizes to Belle and the Beast for the shit he has done.

(This will never happen.)
I can't recall anyone that was evil at some point that actually apologize for what they did in the series. Except for Lea constantly apologizing to Kairi while they were training to wield the keyblade. And Maybe Riku at some point.

I can't recall anyone that was evil at some point that actually apologize for what they did in the series. Except for Lea constantly apologizing to Kairi while they were training to wield the keyblade. And Maybe Riku at some point.
Lea/Axel has apologized for everything. Also are you forgetting Naminé excessively apologizing to Sora for deleting his memory of Kairi and giving him false memories of making him believe he loves Naminé not Kairi?

DiZ apologized to Roxas and MX apologized to Eraqus for putting that scar on his face.

Going with Ven is going to get the haircut. It seemed like his hair is shorter in KHuX. Though I always wondered why Nomura drew Roxas older and with longer hair in this artwork. He never gave him long hair in the games. Maybe a scrapped idea?

This Roxas design is so much better than the actual render. The bangs kinda give it a different vibe.

Organization needed more women, tbh. Luxord or demyx could have worked as one.

Lea/Axel has apologized for everything. Also are you forgetting Naminé excessively apologizing to Sora for deleting his memory of Kairi?
No, I just never seen Namine as evil to include her on the list. IIRC She was forced by the organization to mess with Sora's Memory and replaced Kairi with her in his memories. That and she just wanted what Sora and Kairi had. Someone to care for her like Sora does for Kairi. That's why I said I've never seen anyone who was Evil apologized for what they done. Though it's been a long time since I played CoM, mainly because of the battle system, so Someone can correct me if I was wrong about anything

No, I just never seen Namine as evil to include her on the list. IIRC She was forced by the organization to mess with Sora's Memory and replaced Kairi with her in his memories. That and she just wanted what Sora and Kairi had. Someone to care for her like Sora does for Kairi. That's why I said I've never seen anyone who was Evil apologized for what they done. Though it's been a long time since I played CoM, mainly because of the battle system, so Someone can correct me if I was wrong about anything
Naminé wasn’t evil but that action was pretty evil. Even if I was told I would be locked away in a castle alone (which is literally what Naminé said is the reason she did it, to not be alone), I wouldn’t have it in me to remove someone’s memories and replace them with false memories.

DiZ apologized or at least sounded apologetic in Blank Points kind of when he was explaining to Aqua everything he did to Sora and his friends. “Back then my heart was clouded with vengeance, I did terrible things to him and his friends. In fact, I would like to believe he can set things right and save all those people whose lives I managed to ruin.”

nah that's really it for him in BBS but you will get your axel fix soon as long as you keep playing the series
Yeah I definitely am, I'm in so deep no reason to stop now lol. Finished the Secret Episode last night and really enjoyed it and pretty much everything in Aqua's playthrough. I ended up liking her far more than Terra and Ven. I don't think the game does a good enough job of selling Terra specifically as a character I should really care about. It's neat finding out that his body is the vessel the later villains come from but in the BBS story itself he was kind of just Riku-lite without anywhere near the amount of work done to sell his character. Like, what is Terra's past at all? Why is he more suseptible to darkness? For that matter what's Aqua's past as well? I think the game really suffers from throwing us in with these characters with very little context as to who they are. Then the story itself moves very quickly because of the way the game's structured which doesn't give you much time to get attached or learn much of anything(Ven being the exception here because his past actually matters). I guess a lot of the narrative just felt a bit shallow to me. The purpose of this story was to answer questions about certain things and tie things together for the future but I wish there had been more attention and detail given to this cast. If this is the last we're seeing of them until 3 then tbh they're probably the trio I care least about when all the character arc resolutions start rolling out in 3.

Aqua is cool though.

So when's the next big event, guys?

Jump Festa?
Paris Games Week. A few weeks. I’d also wager they will either appear at X0 in November or The Game Awards in December (or both). Then we will get a launch trailer in January.

For what we could see in the trailers:
- New areas of already announced worlds
- 3 new Disney world reveals (with a different trailer for each)
- A story trailer showing all of the original story worlds (I think we will even see the final world as Nomura said we will see all worlds both Disney and original before final release)
- Second playable character reveal
- A video of the opening of KH3

People might think this is showing way too much but past KH game marketing pre-release has showed big reveals, part of the secret ending, secret bosses and all of the worlds. This IS KH marketing.

Last edited:
Paris Games Week. A few weeks. I’d also wager they will either appear at X0 in November or The Game Awards in December (or both). Then we will get a launch trailer in January.
Oh that's an interesting guess. Wouldn't have thought of Paris. Has KH been put on show their before?

Game Awards is a near lock. Way too close to release to pass up

Oh that's an interesting guess. Wouldn't have thought of Paris. Has KH been put on show their before?

Game Awards is a near lock. Way too close to release to pass up
At Paris Games Week 2016 in October, Square Enix announced KH 1.5 + 2.5 for PS4 and showed the opening (with the new simple and clean remix) for 0.2: A Fragmentary Passage.

BTW, 2.8 (with 0.2) came out in January 2017 so wouldn’t be surprised if they showed the KH3 opening here same as they did with 0.2.

New plan. Let's throw our change jars together and plan an Era Games Awards.

We'll get them to dish everything
You will likely see everything. 0.2’s marketing literally showed a lot of the secret ending. DDD’s marketing showed all of the worlds, time travel, Roxas, Xion, Vanitas reveal, etc.

KH2’s marketing showed final Xemnas boss fight and part of the secret boss.

It’s already confirmed in fact that they will reveal all of the worlds both Disney and original in trailers before release.

Yeah I definitely am, I'm in so deep no reason to stop now lol. Finished the Secret Episode last night and really enjoyed it and pretty much everything in Aqua's playthrough. I ended up liking her far more than Terra and Ven. I don't think the game does a good enough job of selling Terra specifically as a character I should really care about. It's neat finding out that his body is the vessel the later villains come from but in the BBS story itself he was kind of just Riku-lite without anywhere near the amount of work done to sell his character. Like, what is Terra's past at all? Why is he more suseptible to darkness? For that matter what's Aqua's past as well? I think the game really suffers from throwing us in with these characters with very little context as to who they are. Then the story itself moves very quickly because of the way the game's structured which doesn't give you much time to get attached or learn much of anything(Ven being the exception here because his past actually matters). I guess a lot of the narrative just felt a bit shallow to me. The purpose of this story was to answer questions about certain things and tie things together for the future but I wish there had been more attention and detail given to this cast. If this is the last we're seeing of them until 3 then tbh they're probably the trio I care least about when all the character arc resolutions start rolling out in 3.

Aqua is cool though.
Aqua is the star of 0.2. You'll see her again.

I think Terra and Aqua are just orphans that Eraqus picked up. Terra even calls Eraqus his father and Eraqus mentions that he thinks of Terra like a son.

You'll get a demo.
No new world - no nomination for a coveted Oreo Award

You will likely see everything. 0.2’s marketing literally showed a lot of the secret ending. DDD’s marketing showed all of the worlds, time travel, Roxas, Xion, Vanitas reveal, etc.

KH2’s marketing showed final Xemnas boss fight and part of the secret boss.

It’s already confirmed in fact that they will reveal all of the worlds both Disney and original in trailers before release.
Yeah, I do remember the reveal of all of the worlds being promised, so I'm excited for that :) was a bit disappointing when the blowout didn't happen at TGS, but seeing BH6 was great

No new world - no nomination for a coveted Oreo Award

Yeah, I do remember the reveal of all of the worlds being promised, so I'm excited for that :) was a bit disappointing when the blowout didn't happen at TGS, but seeing BH6 was great
Did you watch the TGS trailer? There was like TONS of story spoilers and worlds we never saw before. Land of Departure, Keyblade Graveyard, Realm of Darkness gameplay, The World That Never Was, etc.

Seeing a bunch of organization members we never saw, the reveal of Roxas, etc. That was like the best KH3 trailer I ever saw.

Did you watch the TGS trailer? There was like TONS of story spoilers and worlds we never saw before. Land of Departure, Keyblade Graveyard, Realm of Darkness gameplay, The World That Never Was, etc.

Seeing a bunch of organization members we never saw, the reveal of Roxas, etc. That was like the best KH3 trailer I ever saw.
The World That Never Was hasn't been shown in a KH3 trailer.

That world hasn't been named yet, but there's a lot of dust in the area during the day time with old style architecture, all things The World That Never Wasn't doesn't have.
Just went back to the trailer and you’re right, it’s very brown.

I thought I remembered it being very black buildings. Guess I imagined it lol. That or I saw the black coat for a split second before it showed “Kingdom Hearts III” and thought the entire room was matching the black coat.

Just went back to the trailer and you’re right, it’s very brown.

I thought I remembered it being very black buildings. Guess I imagined it lol. That or I saw the black coat for a split second before it showed “Kingdom Hearts III” and thought the entire room was matching the black coat.
There's a lot happening at the end of that trailer so it's easy to get confused by some things aha.

I think I'd be a bit disappointed if TWTNW turned up. I think that world should be retired, it's served its purpose with DDD having it be a major upgrade over KH2 and I feel like there's enough of the Organization talking in various worlds to justify not setting a scene in the Round Room where all thirteen listen but only three-four talk.

Yes, and it's a hype trailer! I was hoping for a new world, truthfully, but that'll come soon enough.

I think the world that was glimpsed with Roxas may actually be the old, Hollow Bastion-y portion of Radiant Garden. The architecture makes me think that's what KH1 Hollow Bastion would look like in KH3 style

And all we're going to get is Xehanort wiggling his fingers for a good minute in real time

Is it bad that this would still be mildly exciting? :]

Been going through Everglow's timeline to recap myself on a few things, but there's a few points I'm kind of unclear on.
Is Luxu supposed to be the traitor? It doesn't seem like he really did anything that would've affected the Foretellers, but his name does have the sigil, and he somehow knows what the lost page says despite not getting any part of the book.

How exactly does Master Xehanort summon Kingdom Hearts in BBS? I thought you needed the X-Blade for that.

How does Ansem the Wise know about the hearts of worlds when he talks to Mickey? It's only after that when he finds out about Xehanort's research.

I picked up the Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 HD Final Mix Ultimate Edition Super whatever it is called for my first Kingdom Hearts experience ever on Sunday. Started with Kingdom Hearts 1.5 FM after consulting some websites on how to start the series and I'm now about 4 hours in. Just did the barrel challenges in the Coliseum and called it a night.

My first impressions are as following: the beginning and tutorial sections of the game are really rough. Some of it may just be the game design showing its age considering the game was released ~17 years ago at this point. The very beginning sequence is a bit confusing, I'm guessing it was something like Sora being tested for his worthiness to hold the key blade? Destiny Island is a bit long and the little race segment against Riku showcased how clunky the controls are... I think you can only move in 8 directions? It took me a while to find all the items I needed on the second day.

It was over fast enough and you end up in Traverse Town. My main problem with Traverse Town ends up being I had to use a damn guide to figure out the sequencing of what to do after wandering around lost for 30 minutes fighting endless hordes of Heartless. I think some sort of mini-map or even a map in the menu would be a really great feature. Now I know the place inside and out though, I guess. Also, Heartless spawning inside the hub world seems weird to me, does that ever stop?

I was a bit surprised by the Gummi Ship segment, but it didn't really bother me.

I started to enjoy the game once I got into Wonderland. Since then my only real complaint has been that Donald is a useless git that dies in every normal combat encounter I have within 15 seconds, not sure what to do about that. The game looks great for a PS2 game. Combat is fairly simplistic but that didn't stop me from dying to the damn boss in Wonderland twice due to his constant fireball spam in the last phase of the fight.

Looking forward to playing through the rest of this, it has always felt like a big gap in my gaming library.

Been going through Everglow's timeline to recap myself on a few things, but there's a few points I'm kind of unclear on.
Is Luxu supposed to be the traitor? It doesn't seem like he really did anything that would've affected the Foretellers, but his name does have the sigil, and he somehow knows what the lost page says despite not getting any part of the book.

How exactly does Master Xehanort summon Kingdom Hearts in BBS? I thought you needed the X-Blade for that.

How does Ansem the Wise know about the hearts of worlds when he talks to Mickey? It's only after that when he finds out about Xehanort's research.
From my understanding:
  1. There ultimately wasn't a traitor. MoM planted the seeds of doubt in each of their hearts, which made them distrust each other and that is the catalyst for Gula summoning Kingdom Hearts. It was all a sick plot by the MoM so he could witness the future after the Keyblade War.
  2. Xehanort's Report #7 gives some insight into how it was summoned:
    I have uncovered the Keyblade's ultimate mystery. You see, besides the three families of Keyblades, there is another "Key Blade." While it may sound the same when spoken, it is notated uniquely: "χ-blade." And make no mistake, while it resembles a normal Keyblade, it is something altogether different.

Keyblades are said to be man-made counterparts to Kingdom Hearts. The χ-blade, however, coexists with Kingdom Hearts.

It is only forged when two hearts of equal power intersect--one heart of pure darkness, one heart of pure light. At the time of its forging, Kingdom Hearts appears. It must be noted, though, that this Kingdom Hearts is special. Unlike the Kingdoms brought about forcibly and artificially through the collection of hearts, THIS Kingdom Hearts is a perfect and complete union of ALL the worlds' hearts. Surely it was over this that the ancient Keyblade War was fought.

If so, the walls that divide the worlds today are of little consequence. With the χ-blade, all their hearts could be instantly reunited--and the Keyblade War, refought.
  3. They don't call him Ansem the Wise for nothing :P. But honestly, not too sure about this one. I guess being a ruler of a world means he is privy to information like that?

I'm playing Fragmentary Passage for the first time, and am I just used to playing the games in 60fps at this point or does this seem to have a very janky framerate? It's a little jarring after playing all the other games back to back.

I'm playing Fragmentary Passage for the first time, and am I just used to playing the games in 60fps at this point or does this seem to have a very janky framerate? It's a little jarring after playing all the other games back to back.
It's around 30fps on base PS4 and 45~fps on PS4 Pro. It really didn't have much development or optimisation time. Thankfully, KH3 feels a lot smoother.

From my understanding:
  1. There ultimately wasn't a traitor. MoM planted the seeds of doubt in each of their hearts, which made them distrust each other and that is the catalyst for Gula summoning Kingdom Hearts. It was all a sick plot by the MoM so he could witness the future after the Keyblade War.
  2. Xehanort's Report #7 gives some insight into how it was summoned:

3. They don't call him Ansem the Wise for nothing :P. But honestly, not too sure about this one. I guess being a ruler of a world means he is privy to information like that?
I was about to respond saying that I think the idea is that Kingdom Hearts appears for the X-Blade and "knows" when it is to be forged; Kingdom Hearts appearing is basically not that huge of a deal -- accessing Kingdom Hearts is the big deal. I think pretty much anyone could/have summoned Kingdom Hearts to APPEAR; but very few have made it inside or used its power. In fact, my inclination has always been that Xehanort didn't even summon it himself, but rather that he just cleared the sky to make it visible. I thought this was me just piecing it together but I know I've read all the Xehanort Reports, so Xehanort Report #7 must be where this idea was planted in my head.

I picked up the Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 HD Final Mix Ultimate Edition Super whatever it is called for my first Kingdom Hearts experience ever on Sunday. Started with Kingdom Hearts 1.5 FM after consulting some websites on how to start the series and I'm now about 4 hours in. Just did the barrel challenges in the Coliseum and called it a night.

My first impressions are as following: the beginning and tutorial sections of the game are really rough. Some of it may just be the game design showing its age considering the game was released ~17 years ago at this point. The very beginning sequence is a bit confusing, I'm guessing it was something like Sora being tested for his worthiness to hold the key blade? Destiny Island is a bit long and the little race segment against Riku showcased how clunky the controls are... I think you can only move in 8 directions? It took me a while to find all the items I needed on the second day.

It was over fast enough and you end up in Traverse Town. My main problem with Traverse Town ends up being I had to use a damn guide to figure out the sequencing of what to do after wandering around lost for 30 minutes fighting endless hordes of Heartless. I think some sort of mini-map or even a map in the menu would be a really great feature. Now I know the place inside and out though, I guess. Also, Heartless spawning inside the hub world seems weird to me, does that ever stop?

I was a bit surprised by the Gummi Ship segment, but it didn't really bother me.

I started to enjoy the game once I got into Wonderland. Since then my only real complaint has been that Donald is a useless git that dies in every normal combat encounter I have within 15 seconds, not sure what to do about that. The game looks great for a PS2 game. Combat is fairly simplistic but that didn't stop me from dying to the damn boss in Wonderland twice due to his constant fireball spam in the last phase of the fight.

Looking forward to playing through the rest of this, it has always felt like a big gap in my gaming library.
For Donald, you can customize the attack methods of the party members A.I. and make them actually useful. My recommendation for customizing Donald would be:
Regular Attacks: Constantly
Offensive Magic: Occasionally
Defensive Magic: Frequently
Advanced Magic: Constantly

For Goofy, just do the same thing. So that means:
Regular Attacks: Constantly
Special Attacks: Occasionally
Shield Techniques: Frequently
Support Actions: Constantly

One last thing; do not let party members have any HP or MP items, because they just immediately use them up. Also do not waste the AP, strength, magic, or defense power-ups on them.

I was about to respond saying that I think the idea is that Kingdom Hearts appears for the X-Blade and "knows" when it is to be forged; Kingdom Hearts appearing is basically not that huge of a deal -- accessing Kingdom Hearts is the big deal. I think pretty much anyone could/have summoned Kingdom Hearts to APPEAR; but very few have made it inside or used its power. In fact, my inclination has always been that Xehanort didn't even summon it himself, but rather that he just cleared the sky to make it visible. I thought this was me just piecing it together but I know I've read all the Xehanort Reports, so Xehanort Report #7 must be where this idea was planted in my head.
Yeah, I think it's just hanging around there but just covered by clouds too. It's no surprise that the battle will be done at the Keyblade Graveyard, since it's there that either the Guardians of Light or the Princesses of Heart will need to be, and that they can't do it anywhere else since Kingdom Hearts isn't something that can be summoned anywhere.

But then again, as it says that it will appear at a forging, it is hidden and only comes out when there's action down below that may result in it being unlocked. After all, when Ventus wins over Vanitas and the battle ends, Kingdom Hearts goes away.

Yeah, I think it's just hanging around there but just covered by clouds too. It's no surprise that the battle will be done at the Keyblade Graveyard, since it's there that either the Guardians of Light or the Princesses of Heart will need to be, and that they can't do it anywhere else since Kingdom Hearts isn't something that can be summoned anywhere.

But then again, as it says that it will appear at a forging, it is hidden and only comes out when there's action down below that may result in it being unlocked. After all, when Ventus wins over Vanitas and the battle ends, Kingdom Hearts goes away.
Would it be a safe bet though to say the different Kingdom Hearts that we have seen could be simply different entrances to the actual thing itself?

This reminds me of something I was shown lately and didn't ever notice myself: the giant, shadowed out Heart Shaped Moon behind the Door to Darkness in KH1. I always thought it being a moon was a new thing of sorts for KH2 but that's actually been there from day one.

Framerate differences aside, Fragmentary Passage is really pretty. It hammers home that KH missed an entire generation and hasn't had a big graphical improvement until now. I'm even more hyped for KH3 now, and knowing that they've already ironed out the jankiness present here for the next game makes it all the better.

Edit: Just finished it and OMG can KH3 just come out now pls.

Last edited:
It's funny that the 2 Disney worlds revealed for KH3 first (Olympus and Tangled) are the only worlds that are not properly introduced in the official site yet.

It's funny that the 2 Disney worlds revealed for KH3 first (Olympus and Tangled) are the only worlds that are not properly introduced in the official site yet.
It breaks my heart, especially since Tangled’s world logo has been used for the photo booths and the renders for Rapunzel and Flynn look like they’re done so there’s little reason to not update the website with them.

It breaks my heart, especially since Tangled’s world logo has been used for the photo booths and the renders for Rapunzel and Flynn look like they’re done so there’s little reason to not update the website with them.
It makes me wonder if the next trailer will focus on these 2 worlds more (with proper cutscenes) We have seen some parts of it but I feel we haven't got proper trailer focusing on these worlds like they did with other worlds.

I’m kinda over seeing Olympus in the trailers, it’s been in like 90% of them so I’m okay with Square not going in-depth with them but I’ll take Corona. With Mother Gothel officially confirmed (though, why wouldn’t she be?), I really want to see her.

Riku is probably going to resurrect Xion.
I'd love that so much. After rewatching some Days scenes I honestly forgot how much Riku was around Xion and knew her well. Obviously Roxas and Axel were way more prominent, but it'd certainly be a nice/interesting touch to have him revive her and remember her finally.

So who’s gonna get a hair cut Ventus or roxas
Ventus for sure. Nomura obviously isn't shy about giving Ven a new design after Union X. It'll be interesting to see if he gives Roxas new Twilight Town duds like the rest of the gang there though once he takes the coat off.
I’m kinda over seeing Olympus in the trailers, it’s been in like 90% of them so I’m okay with Square not going in-depth with them but I’ll take Corona. With Mother Gothel officially confirmed (though, why wouldn’t she be?), I really want to see her.
Yeah i've seen enough of Olympus to be satisfied. I'd rather they use that time to showoff Corona more or another world.