LEGO ERA |OT| Rebuilding One Brick at a Time.

Second from the left is supposed to be Reinhardt, right? Was hoping he'd be a bigfig. Other than that, super-excited we're getting a McCree, and a little surprised to not see Tracer or D.Va yet.
Apparently there's a Nexo set that has a minifigure get into a suit of armor to become a big fig. So I'm guessing the same thing might work for Reinhardt.

it's a struggle picking between older sets that'll probably be retired soon (brick bank, ucs slave 1) and newer cooler (and more expensive) ones (hogwarts, assembly square, ninjago city)

Cloud City does not seem like a good deal at $350.

For under more than $50 less you can get pretty much every minifig scale Harry Potter set (Great Hall, Whomping Willow, Aragogs lair, Quiditch, and Hogwarts Express), more minifigs than Cloud City, and more pieces.

Wish they'd sold the smaller size Slave One as a separate set, I do like the look of that a lot.

The lack of HP tax still baffles me. SW tax is the main reason I am winding down on the line, even though I freaking love Star Wars. It has just become too expensive.

Cloud City does not seem like a good deal at $350.

For under more than $50 less you can get pretty much every minifig scale Harry Potter set (Great Hall, Whomping Willow, Aragogs lair, Quiditch, and Hogwarts Express), more minifigs than Cloud City, and more pieces.

Wish they'd sold the smaller size Slave One as a separate set, I do like the look of that a lot.
For $50 more you can get the Hogwarts castle at 6000 pieces. Yeah smaller pieces but probably a more fun build.

That $350 playset is just ughhhh. Even as a singular playset it's completely unrecognizable as a display piece. I just don't understand their intentions here.

Thankfully I have no SW obsession so I'm exempt from this one.

That and the fact that it's the best modular design period. If I started collecting them now that's the one I wouldn't want to miss. All the other recent ones are pretty lacklustre to me.

Wish this would kickstart a new range of sets - something between microfighters and full scale/UCS. This Slave 1 is perfect for kids and broke people like me.

I'm still salty for missing out on those early Star Wars sets.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
then next is detective's office?
Yeah, or go backwards if you find Palace Cinema for around MSRP since it wasn't retired too long ago. Release order is Parisian Restaurant > Detective's Office > Brick Bank > Assembly Square > Downtown Diner.

But for the most part as long as you have the oldest one skipping around a little doesn't hurt, I think apart from Town Hall they have retired them in order. I started with Pet Shop before the prices on it started getting too high since it had been retired, then Palace Cinema before it retired, and then Parisian Restaurant. Skipped to Assembly Square while I had the money for it, then Brick Bank since I got it on sale. Detective's Office is next, unless I catch a good deal on Downtown Diner first.

Yeah, or go backwards if you find Palace Cinema for around MSRP since it wasn't retired too long ago. Release order is Parisian Restaurant > Detective's Office > Brick Bank > Assembly Square > Downtown Diner.

But for the most part as long as you have the oldest one skipping around a little doesn't hurt, I think apart from Town Hall they have retired them in order. I started with Pet Shop before the prices on it started getting too high since it had been retired, then Palace Cinema before it retired, and then Parisian Restaurant. Skipped to Assembly Square while I had the money for it, then Brick Bank since I got it on sale. Detective's Office is next, unless I catch a good deal on Downtown Diner first.
I've got fire brigade, grand emporium, pet shop, palace cinema, and parisian restaurant. i've had the modular bug for quite a while :p

the out-of order town hall retirement threw me for a loop so i missed it.

what's the current go-to image host? i can post a modular pic tomorrow even tho i don't have the craziest street, but i don't think i've used an image hosting service in a decade

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Still sad I don't have Green Grocer or Cafe Corner. Really don't care about Market Street though.

And technically, shouldn't Market Street be before Green Grocer in that lineup?

They really do look incredible all lined up together but it feels like the first few are slightly different scale compared to the rest. I stopped collectibg after the Parisian Restaurant so the ranking of what I own is:

1. Parisian Restaurant
2. Fire Brigade
3. Pet Shop
4. Palace Cinema
5. Emporium
6. Town Hall

Hnnnnnnnnng goddamn, I think I'll get the Disney Castle when I'm back in Disneyland in 2 weeks.
At least I didn't plan on buying a lot of video games in the next months.

Saw the Statue of Liberty in a Lego store - that’s a pretty huge architecture set. Need to check it'll fit on a shelf with the other architect sets before buying but it looks great. That and Great wall of china definitely soon.

Need to ditch my whitehouse though. Just can’t be arsed to build it.

Found the 6x6 All Terrain Tow Truck in a local store for a decent-ish price today, so I bought that instead of the Bucket Wheel Excavator :p
I meant to respond to your first post...

Bucket Wheel is awesome. I own a bunch of the recent Technic stuff and honestly don't have any complaints on ANY set. The Arocs is SUPER cool if you can find it for a good price. Of course the 911 or the Chiron, but Bucket Wheel is huge and glorious and worth every penny.