LEGO ERA |OT| Rebuilding One Brick at a Time.

I was at B&N earlier today and noticed there was a First Order Star Destroyer in the 50% clearance bin, making it 80? bucks which i assume is a huge steal. Im not that into Lego beyond some specific things (like Voltron) but figured any of you lusting after a Star Destroyer might want to check your local B&Ns. I know their clearances are extremely YMMV, but worth a shot to save that much $

Robin

Restless Insomniac
I was at B&N earlier today and noticed there was a First Order Star Destroyer in the 50% clearance bin, making it 80? bucks which i assume is a huge steal. Im not that into Lego beyond some specific things (like Voltron) but figured any of you lusting after a Star Destroyer might want to check your local B&Ns. I know their clearances are extremely YMMV, but worth a shot to save that much $
Barnes and Noble is a pretty good last ditch effort place to look for LEGO stuff, I've sent people their way before. Reminds me of how I managed to snag a few sold out consoles at Sears back in the day because that store is such a ghost town.

Anyway, almost finished Assembly Square. It's my first modular building! I have Parisian Restaurant and the Saturn V ready to be cracked open next. I really REALLY want a Voltron but I'm trying to hold out on a good deal.

Damn, I’d probably get it at that price and I barely even get any Star Wars LEGOs these days.

I need some help. I'm looking to build my own MOC modular building (a bakery theme), what would be a good set to get the bricks to start with? I was thinking of getting another one of the existing sets together with 31077 Modular Sweet Surprises to get started. Any ideas welcome :D

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
I need some help. I'm looking to build my own MOC modular building (a bakery theme), what would be a good set to get the bricks to start with? I was thinking of getting another one of the existing sets together with 31077 Modular Sweet Surprises to get started. Any ideas welcome :D
Depends on what color scheme you want, etc.

One of the best parts packs is still Tower Bridge.

Hmm I have an unopened tower bridge but I don't think I have the heart to use it as a parts pack. I guess the problem with using existing modular sets is that it would give me a similar looking facade?

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Hmm I have an unopened tower bridge but I don't think I have the heart to use it as a parts pack. I guess the problem with using existing modular sets is that it would give me a similar looking facade?
Tower Bridge gives you tons of great things for modulars such as SNOT pieces, tiles, beams, and windows. The set is a true embarrassment of riches for MOC parts.

But all your post is telling me is you should buy a second Tower Bridge. One to build, one to strip for parts.

Ghostbusters HQ is a great parts pack, but pricey

Ah. Hmm. There is a decent amount of great in there though. But as for a set with lots of grey for walls and stuff, Ghostbusters HQ mainly comes to mind but would have to check that.
Not sure. Will have to think.
I basically want to do 8x8 and 16x8 pieces that I can put together to make modular dungeons, with some (optional) furniture.