Marvel Cinematic Universe | All Hope Lies In Doom

Rumor: The Black Widow Movie May Involve Y2K (Exclusive)

Rumor Control: I’m running this as it comes from a very reliable source, however it should be stressed that is is just a rumor. I’m not saying this is in any way confirmed, but based on who I heard it from I trust it enough to at least put it out there. This also apparently isn’t the whole story of what Black Widow is about, but just one element it may deal with.
It sounds really interesting tbh, revolving it around the Y2K bug that turned out to be a dud in the real world. I remember that all too well and it would be fun if it would actually have ramifications in the MCU. I kinda hope this turns out true.

Although I have my doubts if they can deage Scarlet to look 16 years old for parts of the movie. That's like a huge difference from her current age. So I guess it'll show some of her youth, and 1999 and some stuff right before Iron Man. I'm still curious what the mission in the 00s is about.

Last edited:
I also found this regarding Black Widow:

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/0...lack-widow-movie-synopsis-scarlett-johansson/

A possible synopsis for Marvel Studios’ Scarlett Johansson-led standalone Black Widow movie has surfaced online by way of subscription-based film production tracking site Production Weekly.

At birth the Black Widow (aka Natasha Romanova) is given to the KGB, which grooms her to become its ultimate operative. When the U.S.S.R. breaks up, the government tries to kill her as the action movies to present-day New York, where she is a freelance operative. The standalone film will find Romanoff living in the United States 15 years after the fall of the Soviet Union.
I wonder if we will see a critique of post Cold War Putin Russia in this film.

Last edited:
So maybe it takes place primarily in 2006 New York (on paper that sounds so boring), but we will see flashbacks to 1984 when she were handed over to the Red Room programme maybe, and then the Y2K bug will play into her current affairs somehow.

Last edited:
Does anyone have that feeling you get when you're getting close to the end of a book? For me it's that I don't want to put it down and need to get it finished so I know the outcome, even if I have to stay up all night.
I'm like that with Captain Marvel and Avengers 4 right now. I *hate* waiting for them. I want to know the end of the story NOW because it's clouding my ability to get super excited about the next 10 years of films.

Since Marvel is filming in Spring and June next year I wonder which of Doctor Strange 2 and Black Widow enters production first.

May 1 2020: Doctor Strange 2
July 31 2020: Black Widow
November 6 2020: Eternals

it's pretty crazy how much news is coming up about post-far from home MCU

that phase 4 MCU blowout press conference needs to happen like... a week after Avengers 4. the leaks can't be contained.

Since Marvel is filming in Spring and June next year I wonder which of Doctor Strange 2 and Black Widow enters production first.

May 1 2020: Doctor Strange 2
July 31 2020: Black Widow
November 6 2020: Eternals
Black Widow is further along. The script is done, the director is hired, and they've been hiring production crew for a couple of months (the production designer from Red Sparrow is doing it).

Can someone wake me up in March already.

The drought for MCU movies is real, they need to ramp up their releases in a year.

We got 3 this year, but it's obvious we need another one or maybe two in the October/November/December. This is too long of a wait for next March

March 2019 is a dead zone for movies.

Its Captain Marvel, and then Dumbo 3 weeks later. If the Opening Weekend is good, and if it holds in the following weeks I think Disney/Marvel will be happy.

Hope they dub it for the US release, I really don’t want to read subtitles, especially when they just say Vadim Smirnov the whole time.

Looks about like I was expecting it too from the info we’ve gotten already. The suits looked alright. A bit too much yellow, but I’ll take it. It really does look like a remake of X3, I think they even used the same set for Jean’s parents house.

Even though this is a Jean story, im totallly expecting Mystique to get most of the screen time again.

Thanks for posting this btw!

https://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/co...cle_523cea85-c4a8-5599-af6d-4d60a41ca4d2.html

Some new info from Sean Gunn on GOTG 3:

Said Sean Gunn: “I don’t really know yet what’s going on with ‘Guardians 3.’ I know that Disney still wants to make the movie. I know that they have every intention of using the script that my brother wrote. Obviously, that was a very unfortunate situation for everybody, most of all him, but I am also somebody who had been preparing to spend half a year making that movie and now that’s up in the air.

“Obviously, I think it’s a tricky proposition for them to find another director to step in — and also the scheduling of a lot of other actors who are incredibly busy can’t be easy. But I know that they plan on making the movie. I had not been contacted at all for a while, but I was recently contacted by Marvel saying, ‘Yeah, we do plan to make this movie. We’re just not sure when yet.’ ”
It’s good to know that Disney still wants to use James Gunn’s script.