MMA-ERA |OT| Immigrant Mentality

Benji

US Sales Insider
Oct 25, 2017
Neither of them are a shell of what they were in their prime

But I was ok with that fight. It was 2 older dudes fighting but it didn't seem embarrassingly bad like say Royce vs Ken Shamrock was

Honestly that was pretty fun overall

Nov 4, 2017
Neither of them are a shell of what they were in their prime

But I was ok with that fight. It was 2 older dudes fighting but it didn't seem embarrassingly bad like say Royce vs Ken Shamrock was

Honestly that was pretty fun overall
Pretty much my thoughts. 2 vets throwing bungalows en route to the finish.

Benji

US Sales Insider
Oct 25, 2017
I've never been against the whole idea of "legends fights" anyways

In fact fuck it all and just sign the contracts for steroids to agreed to as well. Seems silly not to as long as they have something left to give.

I don't want to see something like Royce vs Shamrock though. That was legit embarrassing bad shit

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah actually both had more in the tank than I thought they did

It was entertaining
What? They were moving like old men and swinging for the fences. The clinch exchanges looked terrible. Rampage has been working on his boxing for a decade, which showed, but his agility is gone.

Benji

US Sales Insider
Oct 25, 2017
What? They were moving like old men and swinging for the fences. The clinch exchanges looked terrible. Rampage has been working on his boxing for a decade, which showed, but his agility is gone.
I mean did you expect differently? Both of these dudes get smashed by anyone in the top 25 of the weight class or even further down

But I have no issue watching older guys fight. In fact I'm all in favor for open steroid usage in the sport as well

Oct 27, 2017
I mean did you expect differently? Both of these dudes get smashed by anyone in the top 25 of the weight class or even further down

But I have no issue watching older guys fight. In fact I'm all in favor for open steroid usage in the sport as well
Mostly agree on the second point. However, steroid use in people this old would actually be way worse than use by younger fighters. It's a no for me.

Oct 25, 2017
Mousasi keeps dropping his hands a just a bit too much every time he throws and his cornermen keep shouting at him to keep them up.

Rory can crack, and it only takes one, so Sassy should be careful.

Oct 25, 2017
This is what amuses me about Rory, the dude is so fucking hyped up by fans but he's chewed off more than he's been able to chew every time he's got a big fight. It comes across as arrogant when you come up short this many times and you keep going for bigger challenges. This dude wanted to fight in the fucking heavyweight tournament. Bruh.

Dude got smashed by Lawler, outclassed by Wonderboy, should have lost against Lima, and now he got slaughtered - granted, Mousasi is the best fighter he's fought outside of maybe Woodley, who he beat, but still.

There's daring to be great, and then there's knowing your lane.

Benji

US Sales Insider
Oct 25, 2017
I favored Mousasi from the minute this fight was announced, but even still I never expected it to be THAT one sided

I mean he fucking CRUSHED him

Mar 17, 2018
This is what amuses me about Rory, the dude is so fucking hyped up by fans but he's chewed off more than he's been able to chew every time he's got a big fight. It comes across as arrogant when you come up short this many times and you keep going for bigger challenges.

Dude got smashed by Lawler, outclassed by Wonderboy, should have lost against Lima, and now he got slaughtered - granted, Mousasi is the best fighter he's fought outside of maybe Woodley, who he beat, but still.

There's daring to be great, and then there's knowing your lane.
Arrogant?... Wtf... And he was in the fight of the year against Lawler..