Nintendo First-Party Thread

Considering they have already had troubles with development times I feel like this list is beyond unlikely and more into unreasonable.

Also they have already spun out from that 1 game / month release this year so I don't really believe they could maintain this next year.

I would cross Pikmin and Metroid off from that. Luigi's Mansion is probably delayed to 2020. Dunno about AC.

edit: I also personally hope they never port XCX to any machine. It was overrated and sluggish fetchfetchfetchquest. If they want to port good WiiU games then port Wonderful 101, Super Mario 3D World or Paper Mario Color Splash
What about it could possibly come across as "beyond unlikely"?? Majority of those are either confirmed for 2019, or highly likely for 2019. So that assertion doesn't make much sense.

Pikmin 4 was "almost finished" three years ago, so there's no reason at all to believe it can't feasibly release in 2019. The XCX developer has expressed interest in porting it to Switch. Next Level (LM3 Team) has had one game in the past half a decade, so their plate has been empty. Animal Crossing hasn't had a new mainline game since 2012 (and the spin offs mostly reused assets). And Retro has been working on their game for going on five years. Metroid Prime is the sole toss up on that list, and that seems plausible given the rumors surrounding it and the fact that Nintendo has to show something soon.

So yeah, that list is far and away from being unreasonable or "beyond unlikely." Most of that is either pretty much confirmed beyond a doubt, or incredibly likely given the indications we've been given.

What about it could possibly come across as "beyond unlikely"?? Majority of those are either confirmed for 2019, or highly likely for 2019. So that assertion doesn't make much sense.

Pikmin 4 was "almost finished" three years ago, so there's no reason at all to believe it can't feasibly release in 2019. The XCX developer has expressed interest in porting it to Switch. Next Level (LM3 Team) has had one game in the past half a decade, so their plate has been empty. Animal Crossing hasn't had a new mainline game since 2012 (and the spin offs mostly reused assets). And Retro has been working on their game for going on five years. Metroid Prime is the sole toss up on that list, and that seems plausible given the rumors surrounding it and the fact that Nintendo has to show something soon.

So yeah, that list is far and away from being unreasonable or "beyond unlikely." Most of that is either pretty much confirmed beyond a doubt, or incredibly likely given the indications we've been given.
Yoshi and Fire Emblem were both also confirmed for 2018 so I wouldn't exactly hold my breath that Nintendo suddenly can keep all their 2019 promises.

Pikmin and Retro game being short notice releases doesn't really sound plausible either and even though one might say Prime 4 is feasible in 2019 doesn't give any actual reason for it to actually release in 2019.

All in all my beyond unlikely referred to the entire list not to any particular item. Having that entire list to come to fruition is still on my opinion beyond unlikely and yes, unreasonable considering all the things we have seen and what we know.*

edit: Next Level games has never developed HD game and developed Federation Force just two years ago. Saying that they've had somehow empty plate is in my opinion gross misunderstatement on how game development works.

Yoshi and Fire Emblem were both also confirmed for 2018 so I wouldn't exactly hold my breath that Nintendo suddenly can keep all their 2019 promises.

Pikmin and Retro game being short notice releases doesn't really sound plausible either and even though one might say Prime 4 is feasible in 2019 doesn't give any actual reason for it to actually release in 2019.

All in all my beyond unlikely referred to the entire list not to any particular item. Having that entire list to come to fruition is still on my opinion beyond unlikely and yes, unreasonable considering all the things we have seen and what we know.*

edit: Next Level games has never developed HD game and developed Federation Force just two years ago. Saying that they've had somehow empty plate is in my opinion gross misunderstatement on how game development works.
You're not giving a lot of reasons why, you're essentially just saying "nah." There's no reason Pikmin can't have a short notice release, and you flat out ignored the whole fact that once again four years ago come 2019 it was considered almost finished. Also what reason is there to not believe Metroid Prime can't release next year? Even then that's only two games out of 12. Pretty poor argument to berate an entire list whilst only pulling out two of them, especially when the argument against those two isn't even solid to begin with.

And no, it's not at all being ignorant at all to say their plate is empty when the NL has only worked on one game within the past half decade. By 2019 they'll be going on 3+ years since Federation Force, which is precisely as I put it, comparatively empty. Especially since they're very likely working in collaboration with Nintendo SPD (as with Luigi's Mansion 2) who has worked on HD games before.

You're not giving a lot of reasons why, you're essentially just saying "nah." There's no reason Pikmin can't have a short notice release, and you flat out ignored the whole fact that once again four years ago come 2019 it was considered almost finished. Also what reason is there to not believe Metroid Prime can't release next year? Even then that's only two games out of 12. Pretty poor argument to berate an entire list whilst only pulling out two of them, especially when the argument against those two isn't even solid to begin with.

And no, it's not at all being ignorant at all to say their plate is empty when the NL has only worked on one game within the past half decade. By 2019 they'll be going on 3+ years since Federation Force, which is precisely as I put it, comparatively empty. Especially since they're very likely working in collaboration with Nintendo SPD (as with Luigi's Mansion 2) who has worked on HD games before.
Removing even one game from that list makes it invalid when push comes to shove. There are several titles there that are not either confirmed fpr 2019 or even known of other than title, or in the case of Retro at all.

I questioned the validity of this list. I didn't question if there are some parts in the list that might be valid. We know already NSMBU release date. Of course there are plausible and relatively safe titles there. I said that the entire list as it is stands beyond unlikely and I still do. There is absolutely no reason to say that all these titles would come out next year. Saying that Prime 4 has no reason NOT to come next year is a bad argument.

Actually, they did make a HD Captain America game.
Indeed they did. My bad. Completely forgot about this one.

I see Animal Crossing coming out in New Leaf’s window - sometime around May or June. The game is suited for warmer months when there are more activities to do.
I doubt that when yoshi and FE are alaready slated for spring, and that wouldn't line up with how nintendo reveals games to when they launch. It will get a first look trailer in a early 2019 direct, and then a blowout at e3. It will come out in september.

Removing even one game from that list makes it invalid when push comes to shove. There are several titles there that are not either confirmed fpr 2019 or even known of other than title, or in the case of Retro at all.

I questioned the validity of this list. I didn't question if there are some parts in the list that might be valid. We know already NSMBU release date. Of course there are plausible and relatively safe titles there. I said that the entire list as it is stands beyond unlikely and I still do. There is absolutely no reason to say that all these titles would come out next year. Saying that Prime 4 has no reason NOT to come next year is a bad argument.
An entire 12 game list itself isn't "beyond unlikely" if only one game is the problem. When "push comes to shove" it's a predictions list, so it's all hypothetical. If you want to get truly technical, no one here has the ability to call almost anything "unlikely" unless you know their entire 2019 line up.

And the irony is too real in you calling other arguments bad when you have yet to even refute my initial arguments posed a while back. You can say what you want, but doesn't mean what you say makes any sense, because it doesn't in this case and you have done nothing to make a solid argument for or against why you hold such a position so you hardly have the room to call anyone's list "unlikely."

Also no one ever said "Prime 4 has no reason not to come next year" so I'm not even sure what you're even trying to say there.

An entire 12 game list itself isn't "beyond unlikely" if only one game is the problem. When "push comes to shove" it's a predictions list, so it's all hypothetical. If you want to get truly technical, no one here has the ability to call almost anything "unlikely" unless you know their entire 2019 line up.

And the irony is too real in you calling other arguments bad when you have yet to even refute my initial arguments posed a while back. You can say what you want, but doesn't mean what you say makes any sense, because it doesn't in this case and you have done nothing to make a solid argument for or against why you hold such a position so you hardly have the room to call anyone's list "unlikely."

Also no one ever said "Prime 4 has no reason not to come next year" so I'm not even sure what you're even trying to say there.
When you make a speculation list for 2019 that is absolutely not going to happen and offer as your reasoning "It MIGHT happen" or "There is NO reason NOT to happen" that is plenty enough of reasons for the list to be dubious at start.

Yes you said that there is no reason to believe that Prime wouldn't come next year. Which is pretty much the same thing as no reason for it not to come. Semantics are all fun and games but in the end that list is still leaps and bounds beyond just wild speculation and unreasonable fandoism.

If someone makes a list or defends that list on some level then the burden of proof really is with them, not me whom have seen absolutely zero evidence for Metroid Prime to come 2019 or ANY sort of evidence for Pikmin or Retro game next year either.

I don't need to prove that Prime isn't coming next year. I didn't place it in any unreasonable list of NOT coming 2019 games.

When you make a speculation list for 2019 that is absolutely not going to happen and offer as your reasoning "It MIGHT happen" or "There is NO reason NOT to happen" that is plenty enough of reasons for the list to be dubious at start.

Yes you said that there is no reason to believe that Prime wouldn't come next year. Which is pretty much the same thing as no reason for it not to come. Semantics are all fun and games but in the end that list is still leaps and bounds beyond just wild speculation and unreasonable fandoism.

If someone makes a list or defends that list on some level then the burden of proof really is with them, not me whom have seen absolutely zero evidence for Metroid Prime to come 2019 or ANY sort of evidence for Pikmin or Retro game next year either.

I don't need to prove that Prime isn't coming next year. I didn't place it in any unreasonable list of NOT coming 2019 games.
And the evidence WAS presented. You keep ignoring it and refusing to say why it's so unlikely as I've said two or three times already. The burden of proof is equally on you to support why you think it's oh so unlikely. You would look pretty foolish if you attempted to deny Dalton's Atomic theory by saying "nah sounds unlikely" without posing evidence as to why that is the case, especially when a plethora of evidence has been made in favor of the theory.

And the evidence WAS presented. You keep ignoring it and refusing to say why it's so unlikely as I've said two or three times already. The burden of proof is equally on you to support why you think it's oh so unlikely. You would look pretty foolish if you attempted to deny Dalton's Atomic theory by saying "nah sounds unlikely" without posing evidence as to why that is the case, especially when a plethora of evidence has been made in favor of the theory.
WHAT evidence have you given for the Retro game?
WHAT evidence have you given for the Pikmin 4?
WHAT evidence have you given for Metroid Prime?

You have given ZERO evidence and only "Well I think it might" or "Gut feeling" -type of nonsense. There is absolutely NO evidence of those games coming out next year.

How the hell do I have a burden of proof when you can't explain one quarter of your wild speculation list at all?

Your list is not atomic theory. It's a fanlist of video games. If Dalton's theory had one quarter of his theory without any sort of evidence and instead "Well there is No reason to believe that this works like that" then hell yeah people would have refuted it. It still might have worked as the theory is there. But you don't have a theory. You have guesswork and I said that it is unreasonable guesswork.

If by and I mean this as broadly as it ever is humanly possible, by happenstance your list is correct then congratulations. It still is unreasonable to expect that outcome.

WHAT evidence have you given for the Retro game?
WHAT evidence have you given for the Pikmin 4?
WHAT evidence have you given for Metroid Prime?

You have given ZERO evidence and only "Well I think it might" or "Gut feeling" -type of nonsense. There is absolutely NO evidence of those games coming out next year.

How the hell do I have a burden of proof when you can't explain one quarter of your wild speculation list at all?

Your list is not atomic theory. It's a fanlist of video games. If Dalton's theory had one quarter of his theory without any sort of evidence and instead "Well there is No reason to believe that this works like that" then hell yeah people would have refuted it. It still might have worked as the theory is there. But you don't have a theory. You have guesswork and I said that it is unreasonable guesswork.

If by and I mean this as broadly as it ever is humanly possible, by happenstance your list is correct then congratulations. It still is unreasonable to expect that outcome.
Again, I've repeated myself to the point where I'm not going to parrot the same sentences over and over if you still are just going to keep ignoring what I've posted up previously. It's far more than mere wild speculation if you actually read my argument I've been posing since the beginning.

Also they have already spun out from that 1 game / month release this year so I don't really believe they could maintain this next year.
In 2017, Nintendo went two months (May, August) without a first party release and had only a minor release (Snipperclips Plus) in November. In 2018, Nintendo is going to go two months without a first party release (January, August). Also, this year they published two games in June (Mario Tennis, Sushi Striker), July (Captain Toad, Octopath*), and September (XBC2: Torna, Labo Vehicle Kit). So Nintendo actually released games at a faster rate this year than last year. Yes, a lot of those games were ports and "casual" titles (whatever the hell that means), but there's no reason to believe Nintendo's release schedule will slow down next year. In fact, given how many games have already been announced for 2019, I think it would be smarter to guess that we'll see even more games released.

I would cross Pikmin and Metroid off from that.
I think it's fair to be skeptical of Pikmin releasing in 2019, given how little we've heard. We have basically nothing to go on but the fact that it has apparently been in development for a very long time.

As far as Metroid Prime is concerned ... I don't know? I could easily see it being either a 2019 or 2020 title. We simply don't know how long it has been in development. I don't think it's unreasonable to guess that it might arrive next year though.

Luigi's Mansion is probably delayed to 2020.
What? Why would you possibly reach that conclusion? It was just announced like two weeks ago and dated for 2019 and you already assume it has been delayed? That's beyond pessimistic.

* - Yes, I understand that Nintendo only published Octopath outside of Japan and SE did all the heavy lifting.

Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 don't have released dates so they can easily be 2020.

Yoshi and Fire Emblem were meant to be out this year but slipped to 2019 this shows games can potentially get delayed, I wouldn't rule out if a game or 2 gets delayed for 2020 even with a 2019 release date.

Guys, I still don't believe that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 will be released in 2017. It will be delayed, 100%.
Strange I thought it's out maybe you meant Xenoblade X2 or you trying to be clever and make a point that Xenoblade 2 wasn't delayed. If that's what you are getting at you say Xenoblade 2 didn't get delayed which leads me to believe Nintendo can deliver with their release schedule.

Guys, I still don't believe that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 will be released in 2017. It will be delayed, 100%.
LOL I remember those days. I was always firmly on the 2017 side, especially after the constant updates. Though I will admit those of us who said 2017 should have been wrong imo. Xenoblade 2 could have used a couple more months in the oven to fix many of the early kinks that took some time to be ironed out.

Yoshi and Fire Emblem were meant to be out this year but slipped to 2019 this shows games can potentially get delayed, I wouldn't rule out if a game or 2 gets delayed for 2020 even with a 2019 release date.
Of course games can get delayed, but your default assumption shouldn't be that a game will be delayed, especially if that game just got its release window less than a month ago.

His argument seemed to be that Luigi's Mansion was more likely than not to be delayed, which ... isn't really supported by any evidence at all?

Strange I thought it's out maybe you meant Xenoblade X2 or you trying to be clever and make a point that Xenoblade 2 wasn't delayed. If that's what you are getting at you say Xenoblade 2 didn't get delayed which leads me to believe Nintendo can deliver with their release schedule.
Yeah it was throwback joke when a lot of people were so sure it will get delayed. Even after Nintendo announced the final release day during the September Direct people were doubting it will come out in 2017.

Again, I've repeated myself to the point where I'm not going to parrot the same sentences over and over if you still are just going to keep ignoring what I've posted up previously. It's far more than mere wild speculation if you actually read my argument I've been posing since the beginning.
I think you yourself described it as a wild and unlikely speculation in the original list post. I merely pointed out that it is even beyond that.
Repeating "Well it might be" is not evidence. Evidence is not repeating non-evidence until someone gets exhausted and concedes.

In 2017, Nintendo went two months (May, August) without a first party release and had only a minor release (Snipperclips Plus) in November. In 2018, Nintendo is going to go two months without a first party release (January, August). Also, this year they published two games in June (Mario Tennis, Sushi Striker), July (Captain Toad, Octopath*), and September (XBC2: Torna, Labo Vehicle Kit). So Nintendo actually released games at a faster rate this year than last year. Yes, a lot of those games were ports and "casual" titles (whatever the hell that means), but there's no reason to believe Nintendo's release schedule will slow down next year. In fact, given how many games have already been announced for 2019, I think it would be smarter to guess that we'll see even more games released.
I don't tend to make casual or hardcore game differences and you are right about these months and the games released except with Octopath because it was not developed by Nintendo (as isn't Daemon X Machina, but it's basically the same deal and I can easily live with that). But in that list there are no smaller titles unless you count Wii U ports. There are no 3rd party games like Bayo or Mario + Rabbids or Octopath (Unless again you count Daemon X Machina) and we do know that Nintendo has been pushing it with releases delayed.

Also I just realised you addressed the Octopath in your post. Go me.

But yes you are right. There is every possibility that Nintendo could hold up 1 published game a month (or few skips and few months with two games) schedule. However I still disagree strongly that it could do that with the list of games from the original wild speculation list.

I think it's fair to be skeptical of Pikmin releasing in 2019, given how little we've heard. We have basically nothing to go on but the fact that it has apparently been in development for a very long time.

As far as Metroid Prime is concerned ... I don't know? I could easily see it being either a 2019 or 2020 title. We simply don't know how long it has been in development. I don't think it's unreasonable to guess that it might arrive next year though.
I am very skeptical about Pikmin 4. I think it has hit the limbo and is being rebuilt or something like that, but that is only based on the presumption that it indeed was near ready years ago. I also think that Retro has not been smooth sailing through their game development and is more likely to have been in dev hell than just polishing and adding finishing touches and great innovations to whatever they have been doing (this partly because they for example hired several people who left as soon as DKCRTF port was ready and they were credited in it even though they were not in the original and thus might have actually been transferred within the company before that).

Metroid Prime. If it really is Bamco doing it, then sure, why not. But with history of Nintendo quality control and how they've been pacing their games with even Fire Emblem and Yoshi being pushed back multiple times. I think they went without the year for a reason.

What? Why would you possibly reach that conclusion? It was just announced like two weeks ago and dated for 2019 and you already assume it has been delayed? That's beyond pessimistic.
It is beyond pessimistic. And it might as well be AC that is being delayed even though it too was slated for 2019. Or they might both hit it. But right now, with Xenoblade basically being the last game to be announced early and hit it's original date and even Smash being pushed into December (surely not just because Pokemon Go?) cutting some of it's sales from Nov release I wouldn't hold my breath for those games.

Yes one might easily call me unreasonable too. But as a package that list is way too much of a genie's lamp instead of actual speculative list.

I had to bake a cake of me saying I am an ass because of a bet that Xenoblade would be delayed.

I think you yourself described it as a wild and unlikely speculation in the original list post. I merely pointed out that it is even beyond that.
Repeating "Well it might be" is not evidence. Evidence is not repeating non-evidence until someone gets exhausted and concedes.
The original post was a completely different user, so no, that's not what I said.

But in that list there are no smaller titles unless you count Wii U ports. There are no 3rd party games like Bayo or Mario + Rabbids or Octopath (Unless again you count Daemon X Machina) and we do know that Nintendo has been pushing it with releases delayed.
This is a fair point. But there are several games (Yoshi, Fire Emblem, Town, Pokemon 2019, presumably Luigi's Mansion 2) that are being developed by second party studios and outside contractors, so it's not as if Nintendo's internal studios would have to work at an unprecedented rate to produce all of these games. Also, Metroid Prime 4 is probably mostly being worked on by Bamco, though of course that's not confirmed.

And the delays of Fire Emblem and Yoshi might contribute to 2019 being more crowded than Nintendo planned. Once again, they're not being worked on internally, so their delay isn't likely to impact the release of any other game on the list.

However I still disagree strongly that it could do that with the list of games from the original wild speculation list.
I'm skeptical about Pikmin 4, which, as you said, may be in the midst of a dramatic retooling, and of Retro's project, because who the hell ever knows what's going on there, but I think there's a good chance the rest of the list could happen.

Metroid Prime. If it really is Bamco doing it, then sure, why not. But with history of Nintendo quality control and how they've been pacing their games with even Fire Emblem and Yoshi being pushed back multiple times. I think they went without the year for a reason.
I agree. I think it all comes down to when development actually started. If it was just starting when they announced it last year, then it's 2020 or later for sure. But Nintendo usually doesn't announce titles that far in advance, so my guess is that it's probably a 2019 title. We'll see though.

But right now, with Xenoblade basically being the last game to be announced early and hit it's original date and even Smash being pushed into December (surely not just because Pokemon Go?) cutting some of it's sales from Nov release I wouldn't hold my breath for those games.
I'm not sure what counts as "announced early," but Kirby and Mario Tennis both hit their release windows. (OK, technically Mario Tennis missed "Spring 2018" by 24 hours.) I think you're right that Smash was originally planned to release earlier (August? September?) and got a slight delay, presumably because Sakurai is an insane perfectionist. That would explain why it's missing Black Friday--even though there's a bundle!--and why Torna got a physical release. There was definitely an odd hole in this year's schedule in late summer and early fall and it's pretty strange that the online service launched without a major release to support it. Also, it might explain why NSMBU is inexplicably dropping in January. It may have been planned to be a December release but had to be moved out of the way of Smash.

I don’t even know which post to quote lol.

Anyways the FE situation is a little different. Yes it was announced for 2018, but that was in February 2017. Atleast with Luigi’s Mansion 3 and Animal Crossing they were announced as 2019 in September of this year. This is more reassuring.

This is a fair point. But there are several games (Yoshi, Fire Emblem, Town, Pokemon 2019, presumably Luigi's Mansion 2) that are being developed by second party studios and outside contractors, so it's not as if Nintendo's internal studios would have to work at an unprecedented rate to produce all of these games. Also, Metroid Prime 4 is probably mostly being worked on by Bamco, though of course that's not confirmed.

And the delays of Fire Emblem and Yoshi might contribute to 2019 being more crowded than Nintendo planned. Once again, they're not being worked on internally, so their delay isn't likely to impact the release of any other game on the list.

I'm skeptical about Pikmin 4, which, as you said, may be in the midst of a dramatic retooling, and of Retro's project, because who the hell ever knows what's going on there, but I think there's a good chance the rest of the list could happen.

I agree. I think it all comes down to when development actually started. If it was just starting when they announced it last year, then it's 2020 or later for sure. But Nintendo usually doesn't announce titles that far in advance, so my guess is that it's probably a 2019 title. We'll see though.

I'm not sure what counts as "announced early," but Kirby and Mario Tennis both hit their release windows. (OK, technically Mario Tennis missed "Spring 2018" by 24 hours.) I think you're right that Smash was originally planned to release earlier (August? September?) and got a slight delay, presumably because Sakurai is an insane perfectionist. That would explain why it's missing Black Friday--even though there's a bundle!--and why Torna got a physical release. There was definitely an odd hole in this year's schedule in late summer and early fall and it's pretty strange that the online service launched without a major release to support it. Also, it might explain why NSMBU is inexplicably dropping in January. It may have been planned to be a December release but had to be moved out of the way of Smash.
I agree with pretty much everything you say on this. My original point was say that the entire list in its whole was much more of a wishlist than even a wild speculation. I didn't articulate that clearly well enough, but to me a list like that is unreasonable if it misses 2-3 games out of 12.

I don’t even know which post to quote lol.

Anyways the FE situation is a little different. Yes it was announced for 2018, but that was in February 2017. Atleast with Luigi’s Mansion 3 and Animal Crossing they were announced as 2019 in September of this year. This is more reassuring.
You are right. It is a different matter. But one that shows that there are always unexpectancies in video game development and I would even say particulary with big N and their immensely tough quality control regarding every series with the exception of Star Fox and Xenoblade.

Rumor- Animal Crossing is releasing late Q1/early Q2. This guy has been trustworthy with Pokémon. He says this comes from one of his sources.

https://www.lootpots.com/articles/a...uld-be-released-as-early-as-q1-2019-02102018/

Information from one of our sources suggests that Animal Crossing on Nintendo Switch is most likely set for a late Q1 or early Q2 (calendar year) release date. Which in layman’s terms means sometime around March/April 2019. The game is also rumoured to be targeting a suggested retail price of €59,99.

While an early release may sound fantastic, and this particular source has been correct in the past,