NVIDIA RTX 20 Series Reviews

Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Seriously, i don't undertand how 4K TAA looks worse than 4K DLSS in FFXV, DLSS isn't native 4K image quality, it's literally impossible.
Digital Foundry did a side by side that showed the Infiltrator demo, and 4K TAA looked better than DLSS. Same with 1800p TAA vs 4K DLSS. 1800p resolves more detail because DLSS starts with a 1440p base image. It can’t add info that’s not there.

Oct 25, 2017
Digital Foundry did a side by side that showed the Infiltrator demo, and 4K TAA looked better than DLSS. Same with 1800p TAA vs 4K DLSS. 1800p resolves more detail because DLSS starts with a 1440p base image. It can’t add info that’s not there.
Adding info that isn't there is the entire point of this sort of contextual filling.

Nov 10, 2017
PA
There's a new standard for HDMI cables aside from "high speed". Who knows it's the issue, but there were enough dodgy cables out there that they created a certification program.

https://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/premiumcable/faq.aspx

When Oppo's 203 UHD player came out, it had the dashboard running [email protected] There were lots of people on AVS that could play movies [email protected] but the dashboard was a mess. Some of them had $150-200 HDMI cables.

These cables don't have to be expensive.. Monoprice has certified cables for cheap. Just know that their non-slim ones are a bit stiff. Cables around 6' are the sweet spot, with people beginning to have more difficulty with both longer and shorter runs.

Edit: I get that the old card worked, but it's possible you're now pushing a signal that's using higher bandwidth.
I guess, at this point I've tried well over 15 cables, even a friend lent me his monoprice cable, its a no go. I issued a refund with Amazon. Here is what i am seeing. (picture of my screen as I am complaining on another forum!)

Oct 25, 2017
Well of you watch the comparison of the demo, particularly on a 4K screen, you will notice less detail resolved in the DLSS version.
Yeah, and it serves to reason.

I bet there will be some games with very interesting artifacts, if DLSS gets enough support.

Nov 3, 2017
I didn't post a video in my review? are you referring to some other video in that thread on racedepartment?
oops. i was on mobile and quoted the incorrect post

I thought this video was interesting. Compared the launch GTX 1080 TI driver to the current driver and even throws a 2080 TI in the mix.

1080 ti a decent bump in performance from launch until now with current drivers.
thats the post i meant to quote. i went back and edited my original post.

Oct 28, 2017
This might be a little bit off topic or more fit for its own thread, but for any US/Canada residents the price might be going up soon. Even with the Founder's tax right now, there's a good chance that will be going away just as the worst of these tariffs hit.

Oct 25, 2017
Wildwood, MO
I guess, at this point I've tried well over 15 cables, even a friend lent me his monoprice cable, its a no go. I issued a refund with Amazon. Here is what i am seeing. (picture of my screen as I am complaining on another forum!)

Definitely sounds like a card issue in your case, but 4K bandwidth cable issues are MUCH more common than hardware issues in general, so a good thing to rule out.

Oct 27, 2017
Can you clarify this comment?
I think that it doesn't make sense to use a release driver for games that didn't exist when that driver was signed. Like you aren't going to get meaningful results doing that for those games, thus skewing the cumulative results as well.

If you're going to do a driver comparison you should only do it for games that were already out when Pascal released.

Sep 15, 2018
NE Ohio
I purchased the Gigabyte 2080 Ti Gaming OC. In terms of overclock, I was able to add 160MHz to the core and 700MHz to the memory (I may be able to push the memory more but I stopped at 700). I paired it with my Core i7 7700K overclocked to 5GHz and ran some benchmarks in Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Forza Horizon 4 @3440x1440 resolution.

For Shadow, I have all the bells and whistles turned on with TAA. The results are only 3 fps slower on average with SMAAT2x. The screenshot is with TAA:

Here's Forza with every setting maxed out:

I'm thankful that my CPU doesn't seem to be causing bottlenecks (at least on these two titles) at my monitor's resolution. If there's anything you guys as prospective buyers want me to test, let me know.

Oct 25, 2017
I tried overclocking my 2080 with the automatic Scan option on Precision X1 and after letting it finish and applying the overclock it made everything super laggy, so I reverted to default.

Oct 28, 2017
Would a 6700k bottleneck the 2080 ti? If yes, how bad are we talking here? I am really thinking about picking one up whenever it becomes a bit more widely available, but I'm not too keen about having to change my CPU as well.