October Wrasslin' |OT| Historic Levels of Ultraviolence

Let's talk wrasslin' for the month of October. I'm not a fan of bloated OPs.

A few things to remember

#IndiePosterThursday - don't forget to post your local indie's upcoming event poster
RPW - not coming back, so just let go

Wrestling is good and there's something for everyone. If you don't like it, try another promotion until you find one that clicks.

All opinions are welcome here, everyone takes something different away from wrestling. All are welcome <3

Since October is for Ultraviolence, let's do a wrestler profile:

Just kidding. Miniak is dope but let's use someone who has more of a legacy...
ZANDIG.

The last time we saw Zandig wrestle was back in the summer of 2016 so he could bury DJ Hyde alive until he gave up ownership of CZW. Sounds awful? It sort of was. That's okay. He's put himself through a lot of punishment for us. Hey, hold on, I'm garbage at writing wrestler profiles.

This is small potatoes! Let's appreciate Zandig by sharing your favorite youtube clips or jiffs of the man himself in action. Try to stay away from bald Zandig as he looks like Dr. Phil

To keep things more contemporary, watch Internet Hotshot Joey Janela take the Mother F'n Bomb, which is code for "Zandig's Legs Turn Into Dust"

Last edited:
Well, it's still better than the fucking Jeff Jarrett OT. Or the Ember Moon one.

Here's an idea, themed monthly threads about wrestlers that are, and stay with me on this one because it's tricky...ACTUALLY GOOD. Fuck, what a concept! With that in mind, I'm calling dibs on the Terry Funkvember OT.

Well, it's still better than the fucking Jeff Jarrett OT. Or the Ember Moon one.

Here's an idea, themed monthly threads about wrestlers that are, and stay with me on this one because it's tricky...ACTUALLY GOOD. Fuck, what a concept! With that in mind, I'm calling dibs on the Terry Funkvember OT.
Okay, I will spend some time on a notable wrestler to pretty things up.

Taking this from the September thread.

So, who are your core four?
tbf, Shane probably does have a place if we're talking solely 2000's era British wrestling. I can't stand the fucker in-ring or outside of it, but he was one of the only promoters doing "big" things back then.

An all-time four pillars, I'd base it either on sheer popularity in the UK (Big Daddy, Mick McManus, Jackie Palo, Kendo Nagasaki) or the guys who were the biggest advert internationally for British wrestling (Billy Robinson, Dynamite Kid, William Regal, Doug Williams).

Question of the ages - is Zandig ACTUALLY good? Or is he just fantastic for a specific kind of fan?

Everyone who I've shown some Zandig matches to have hated them, completely. Could Zandig make it well as a normal wrassler? I say yes, he was just capitalizing on what he likes.

Zandig, like Gage, projects charisma that is undeniable. Yeah, "JEEZUS" is goofy as hell now that it's become a full meme, but that gif of him brandishing the chair in the air as Honma dejectedly walks across the ring with his belt and the gif of Zandig smashing light tubes over Honma's head, doing push-ups, and then giving Honma the double birds show that Zandig gets it.

Question of the ages - is Zandig ACTUALLY good? Or is he just fantastic for a specific kind of fan?

Everyone who I've shown some Zandig matches to have hated them, completely. Could Zandig make it well as a normal wrassler? I say yes, he was just capitalizing on what he likes.
I reckon Zandig would've been OK as a regular wrestler, but never would've found any real success. He'd wind up as one of those old vets who only actually got pretty good at wrestling at the tail end of his career, working on southern indie shows in front of 50 people and, even though he's old and busted up, he'd still be the best thing on the card.

What Zandig did have in abundance was aura and a good dose of showmanship, plus there are wrestlers today who would KILL to have his intensity. Not the sharpest knife in the draw or that great in the ring or even that good of a promoter, but he'd make you believe he was a crazy fucker who'd go to insane lengths to win.

There is too much fucking wrestling going on.

I still need to get through two of the three Destruction shows (could give a fuck about Beppu), Death Before Dishonor, and Fighting Spirit Unleashed. Then this weekend is Super Showdown, which WWE is treating like enough of a thing that I should prolly pay attention to it.

Oh no.

We are not bringing back #ThankYouBoots.

Hey, what the fuck, how did I miss that this was a thing that happened?

I'm slipping in my old age. Off to watch, may be back with flippy shit GIFs.
There's too much wrestling going on, man. I'm basically limiting myself to Impact, MLW, NXT, and MYC these days, and even then it's too much. I might drop MLW after Fury Road.

Zandig is the City Morgue of wrestling

You just know he's fucking crazy enough to do anything. I would link to a youtube video but there's too much fucking wild shit going on that I wouldn't get banned