October Wrasslin' |OT| Historic Levels of Ultraviolence

If we booked it it would be an ultraviolent shoot style chikara promotion with mostly intergender matches.
tbh, the thumbnails alone for that sort of wrestling would ensure our videos did amazing numbers on youtube.

I think one of the big missteps the WoS people have made is that they've mistaken "family friendly" for "dull", when really it should probably be the opposite.

Serene

Community Resettler
I still can't get over the WWE uk wrestlers that helped destroy the World of Sport TV deal.

The Bullet club should be examples for everyone on how building for the future will help get you more money.

All of those guys could have taken a 2 year payoff and been jobbed out. Now the WWE would probably have to make the bucks the 3rd or 4th highest paid performers to make it worth killing their brand.

Am I off here boots?
“Just be like the Bullet Club!”

What a great idea! I wonder why no one else has thought to just join a major company on the brink of expansion and put out the best matches in the world and build a YouTube brand that blows up and make deals with Hot Topic to sell t-shirts?

Seems like a solid strategy.

I’m pretty sure most would paint Janela as one of the biggest indie success stories the last few years and his situation went from great to dire the last two weeks when he fucked up his knee. Now he’s on Twitter talking about how he doesn’t really have insurance and will have to figure stuff out while he’s injured and recovering. For most guys, they’re teetering on the edge while they are riding their hot streak.

This idea that the level of success the Bullet Club/Elite has in wrestling is something every guy should spurn WWE in hopes of chasing is just delusional. Are there key guys at the top that can afford to do that? Yeah, but those guys are still the extreme minority at this point.

New Japan US cards are pretty low effort and they are kept a secret for way too long to do the standout business they probably could do. Meaningful big singles matches between their big stars just isn't something new Japan wants to give overseas. That's not to say that the shows themselves aren't incredibly entertaining, especially live. But why is Christopher Daniels and that other nerd taking time up on a new Japan card :/

You know some of their best build up comes from the post Tokyo Dome shows at Korakuen Hall. Maybe they need to try more post big show cards to try to get some extra filled for their tours. Especially if they don’t want to stray too far away from the almost kayfabe like card reveals.

Serene

Community Resettler
PWInsider saying that WWE is internally ramping up to revamp the Network and launch their tiered service. Says they want it ready to go by the beginning of next year.

Now that WWE has locked in their television future in the United States for the next five years, they are looking inward.

PWInsider.com can exclusively confirm that there are big changes being planned for the WWE Network with the idea of implementing them (as the current plan goes) in 2019. We are told that Vince McMahon is said to be personally overseeing the process and is working on a one-on-one basis with both Kevin Dunn and the company's Chief of Staff Brad Blum on ways to tweak the company's strategies for original programming, to finally shape the long planned tiered version of the WWE Network and bring other interactive aspects to the streaming service, which first launched in February 2014.
The article also mentions that they’ve heard WWE is getting more aggressive about acquiring new tape libraries for both older and existing companies.

As we know, they already own the PROGRESS and ICW libraries completely.

Serene

Community Resettler
Can we just have a "HHH Wednesdays" tier for like a fiver or something? that seems like a good shout for my wallet.
Quite the opposite. All the polling they’ve done indicates any lower tiers would exclude NXT beyond Takeovers.

Though they continue to make noise about possibly making NXT a live show.

PWInsider saying that WWE is internally ramping up to revamp the Network and launch their tiered service. Says they want it ready to go by the beginning of next year.

The article also mentions that they’ve heard WWE is getting more aggressive about acquiring new tape libraries for both older and existing companies.

As we know, they already own the PROGRESS and ICW libraries completely.
Great. I'm willing to pay more to get more obscure stuff, even if it isn't REALLY obscure. Appreciate having everything close.

Serene

Community Resettler
Hunter needs to take his love of Japan to its logical extreme and beat down the Samurai TV doors so he can buy that AJW’s library that is collecting dust.

He does that, he’ll have my money forever.

There's plenty of WWE content to dunk on this year, but the strange obsession with the fake baby spot is one of the oddest sticking points.

Should be a tagline in a horror movie.

too fat and too old. stay retired, stevie-poo
If we could have Bret "I'll potentially die taking a move-man" Hart in a match at WM26, then by gum we can get an awful Stone Cold match where he does the bare minimum to not take any spots.

Serene

Community Resettler
I should note that if they ever decide to run NXT live every week, there is zero chance it could stay in Full Sail. It would have to become a road show.

Fujita was like the best thing about the shitty 2005 G1. But then they had to fucking job him to Chono of all people in the final.
Such a wasted talent. The guy was inokism at its best.

Should have been a monster in New Japan and could have done MMA @ the same time.

Match vs Kawada in G1 was brilliant

Nakajima coming for the strap, Sugiura can go home and be a family man
Sugiura's reign has been fantastic. 48 years old and all his defences so good.

True badass!

WoS has been so badly handled, I almost feel like WrassleERA could do a better job booking it by committee. Almost.
Nah, man. I'm booking every Indian wrestler I can find and making sure that they're featured in the thumbnail even if I only give them 2 minutes of air time.

That's the Kavita Devi carny motherfucker way.

Hunter needs to take his love of Japan to its logical extreme and beat down the Samurai TV doors so he can buy that AJW’s library that is collecting dust.

He does that, he’ll have my money forever.
Triple H will announce he bought STARDOM and NOAH and is merging them and rebranding them into NXT Japan before WWE buys the AJW library.

Catching up on the last MYC episode, I really liked Nicole vs Isla but the crowd was having literally none of it, second to last match and I guess they knew Io was up next

Serene

Community Resettler
Catching up on the last MYC episode, I really liked Nicole vs Isla but the crowd was having literally none of it, second to last match and I guess they knew Io was up next
Yeah, it was the 15th match of the taping and neither are exactly stars, so it’s understandable.

Never seen Xia before and she really went for it in this, one I'll be keeping an eye on going forward

Fuck me she killed her with that moonsault, never mind

Today in bad takes from my own family: My brother in law's dad thinks that a good feud for the Smackdown Women's Title for Wrestlemania next year would be Becky (c) vs Naomi. Because Naomi "stole" Becky's original rematch clause and took the title from Alexa before Becky could invoke it a few years ago. He thinks it would be more compelling of a feud than Becky/Asuka because of what he mentioned above.

...That's it.

Serene

Community Resettler
“I’ve had multiple big botches in my 20 year career, so you can’t rag on my wife for fucking up multiple things in a three week span.”