One Piece |OT3| Undo the Future that is Kaido

the costume design in general from what i've seen is pretty trash, but starfire's is......just....well
Yea it's somehow a step above in how awful it is.

I like these two the most. Could do some Gintama thing where it's about a samurai's "soul" but with Luffy straight up saying "you can't be a samurai without a katana", the first one seems more possible. But the prediction says "ghosts" and no one would really qualify as that besides the time travelers. But there are only 5 of them according to Kin. Really weird.
Like I said, it's possible that the other 4 samurai are time travelers that Kinemon will mention this upcoming chapter, or they'll be people he has/plans on recruiting. Or a mix of that + Luffy, who currently sees himself as a samurai.

Like I said, it's possible that the other 4 samurai are time travelers that Kinemon will mention this upcoming chapter
That’d be weird. Kinemon says “Five of us in total - we three sitting here, and Kanjuro and Raizo, whom you know as well...are in fact people who belong to the past!!”

If he both addresses people who aren’t there and says “in total”, it’d be weird if he later on added “oh and these guys too”. Or it’d make the translation very odd in retrospect.

Part of me imagines the other 3 "samurai" are people who were alive 20 years ago but didn't get sent forward into the future. Either that or the prophecy includes Luffy, Zoro, and Law or something.

That’d be weird. Kinemon says “Five of us in total - we three sitting here, and Kanjuro and Raizo, whom you know as well...are in fact people who belong to the past!!”

If he both addresses people who aren’t there and says “in total”, it’d be weird if he later on added “oh and these guys too”. Or it’d make the translation very odd in retrospect.
I guess the official translation makes it less likely, but I dunno, it's possible. Like, he starts off by telling Luffy about the people he's familiar with (Kiku, Raizo, Kanjuro, Momo). Then when he explains the rest of the plan, he talks about the others maybe D:

Part of me imagines the other 3 "samurai" are people who were alive 20 years ago but didn't get sent forward into the future. Either that or the prophecy includes Luffy, Zoro, and Law or something.
Yea, it's also possible that the people he wanted to recruit are those that simply weren't able to travel with them through time. Whatever the case, we know that Kiku is not the only one.

Also I love how everyone ignores Brook.

Part of me imagines the other 3 "samurai" are people who were alive 20 years ago but didn't get sent forward into the future.
I like this. Could be really cool when they reunite with Kinemon and co.
Then when he explains the rest of the plan, he talks about the others maybe D:
Yeah maybe that’d be it.
The nine Samurai are the Strawhats.
This one I don’t like much. It’d be very cool in another context if she was like “9 samurai, watch the fuck out” and it was the Straw Hats. But since Kinemon and co. exist, it’d suck if they were not included in the prediction at all. And there are 10 (11 in my heart and in the future) Straw Hats.

all they need is some seafoam green hair dye
You know they gonna find a way to mess it up.

So I am now backing the Kaido has the Dragon-Dragon fruit train. Was holding off since I wasn’t sure if the Shogun could have had it. but the latest chapter confirmed he is a sword user. And now I am all in on the theory train.

Jinbei ain't there. Carrot has not been made official, neither has Pudding.
Jinbe's coming, and the prediction completely sidestepping the Samurai with an actual link to the place would be weird.

So I am now backing the Kaido has the Dragon-Dragon fruit train. Was holding off since I wasn’t sure if the Shogun could have had it. but the latest chapter confirmed he is a sword user. And now I am all in on the theory train.
Sword users can have DFs too tho

Jinbe's coming, and the prediction completely sidestepping the Samurai with an actual link to the place would be weird.

Sword users can have DFs too tho
Nah the class room would have dubbed him something slick like "Dragon Sword" if he was gonna have the power. Instead we got Orochi the Two-sided. Which feels more like a tie in to his duel weilding sword nature than anything else for me.
someone points out that an Orochi is an 8 headed dragon.

Nah the class room would have dubbed him something slick like "Dragon Sword" if he was gonna have the power. Instead we got Orochi the Two-sided. Which feels more like a tie in to his duel weilding sword nature than anything else for me.
I hear you, but again, sword users can have DFs too lol, I didn't say anything about him being a dragon :P

I hear you, but again, sword users can have DFs too lol, I didn't say anything about him being a dragon :P
What if...his SWORD had the Dragon-Dragon Fruit?

Nah, it's too safe a choice.

Look at Big Mom. Controlling souls is absurd even for One Piece standards.
Fine I shall escalate this to One Piece levels. he is a Dragon that ate the human zoan Oni Oni fruit.

Honetly One of the two has gotta be a dragon. Kin'emon had to have gotten his vendetta against dragons from somewhere. And I doubt it was from some mook.

Honetly One of the two has gotta be a dragon. Kin'emon had to have gotten his vendetta against dragons from somewhere. And I doubt it was from some mook.
I agree. I'd lean towards Kaido due to him meeting Urouge on that sky island anyhow.

Somebody’s got to have the Dragon fruit but it feels so obvious that it would be boring
Depends on what abilities you give it/what it looks like. At the end of the day, it's still a dragon, so it'll be dope af

Crazy that this is coming out in English in a month cause I remember us discussing about that cover reveal here (particularly what colors used for what characters). Made me realize I've been on here for a while lol.
Also, I now realize the gap with Japan isn't as big as I thought since we'll only be two volumes behind when this comes out and there's a bigger gap for other series (For example MHA 15 comes out in English tomorrow but Japan's on 20). Still kinda wish the gap was shorter though lol.

Crazy that this is coming out in English in a month cause I remember us discussing about that cover reveal here (particularly what colors used for what characters). Made me realize I've been on here for a while lol.
Also, I now realize the gap with Japan isn't as big as I thought since we'll only be two volumes behind when this comes out and there's a bigger gap for other series (For example MHA 15 comes out in English tomorrow but Japan's on 20). Still kinda wish the gap was shorter though lol.
Same always feel like One Piece has this huge gap in the West for volume releases. But we normally not that far away most of the time. Now excuse me cause One Punch Man and Dr. Stone are way ahead compared to the North American release. Or at least it really feels like it.

Hi guys I'm that guy that used to have an 8-bit Link avatar and started watching back in summer. I'm all caught up now with the manga and I gotta say it's my favorite of all time.

Hi guys I'm that guy that used to have an 8-bit Link avatar and started watching back in summer. I'm all caught up now with the manga and I gotta say it's my favorite of all time.
Welcome aboard! Glad you enjoyed the ride so much now excuse me as Silfer should get the quiz ready. In the mean time how you feel about Jaya?

Same always feel like One Piece has this huge gap in the West for volume releases. But we normally not that far away most of the time. Now excuse me cause One Punch Man and Dr. Stone are way ahead compared to the North American release. Or at least it really feels like it.
Dr Stone is on Volume 7 in Japan while Vol 1 came out here last month lol.

Welcome to the OT!

Silfer A thing of doing needs to be done!
Welcome we are a civilized family
Welcome aboard! Glad you enjoyed the ride so much now excuse me as Silfer should get the quiz ready. In the mean time how you feel about Jaya?
I posted quite a lot when it was called Big Trouble in Little Wano, lol. I just changed my avatar and name, lost access to my 2FA keys and got them back today.

Welcome back!
Now that you're caught up, please take the quiz
Favorite Straw Hat Pirate
Favorite Non-Straw Hat Pirate/Outlaw
Favorite Marine
Favorite Villain/Antagonist/Opponent (can be the same as one of the two above)
Favorite Arc
Favorite Location
Favorite Punch

And as a bonus, please tell me your favorite things about Whole Cake Island and/or Reverie.

Lol now while that is a funny goof on our part. Ya didn’t answer my Jaya question man.
Jaya as in the arc, right? I really liked it. Loved how it kinda set up Doflamingo and how Blackbeard was introduced. Also that "It's not him, it's "them" " quote on Zoro's part is still in my mind.

Welcome back!
Now that you're caught up, please take the quiz
Favorite Straw Hat Pirate
Favorite Non-Straw Hat Pirate/Outlaw
Favorite Marine
Favorite Villain/Antagonist/Opponent (can be the same as one of the two above)
Favorite Arc
Favorite Location
Favorite Punch

And as a bonus, please tell me your favorite things about Whole Cake Island and/or Reverie.
Favorite Straw Hat Pirate Gotta be Luffy
Favorite Non-Straw Hat Pirate/Outlaw Law or Hawkins
Favorite Marine Garp or Fujitora
Favorite Villain/Antagonist/Opponent (can be the same as one of the two above) Blackbeard. Such a good villain. Sakazuki tied for second with his obsession for absolute justice though
Favorite Arc Marineford
Favorite Location Enies Lobby, the always day thing was really fascinating. Made it feel "holy"
Favorite Punch Luffy punching Charlos

Love all the lore introduced in the Reverie and all the hints that are being dropped. Kinda wish there'd be a Wano break so we could get more. Favorite part of WCI was definitely Luffy vs Katakuri. I kinda disliked WCI because all the antagonists were... gross? Especially Big Mom.