Overwatch |OT2|Live Long and Alla Till Mig!

I like the maps that are widely hated, like Junkertown, Horizon: Lunar Colony, Blizzard World. Probably because i get more FPS there (low-end laptop) than other maps like Kings Row, etc.

There are one trick accounts for every hero in the game in GM.

Rng teammates works both ways. If you only play a couple dozen comp games a season you're mostly luck based to climb. The solution is to grind to even out the teammate rng, making your play the defining factor.

But this solution of grinding out more games introduces the problem of tilt. With tilt the grind is negative.

With tilt I fell from 3900 to 3100 inter season like 4-5 seasons ago. I couldn't get masters back until the next season, and diamond felt like an ELO hell. To some extent it is. But I haven't visited diamond again since getting out. Tilt and bad luck got me there, but my consistent play grinded without tilt got me and kept me out. T500 players sometimes drop to masters (Xqc and evil toaster late last year iirc).

Either you're meant to be what you are, or you are tilting like a mad man. ELO hell shouldn't be more than a season thing imo.

Remember new accounts can't place higher than diamond. If you're 3250 peak on your main I don't know what you're expecting with the alt account.
or your mad skills are just being wasted

Nope, not if you're given bad teammates as outlined above. Thank you for your input though.
I don't know what to tell you, but it's the truth. Sometimes you are not as good as you might think. You will definitely climb if you are good enough. It's okay not being as good as you might think. Enjoy the game or just one trick a character and hope for the best. Do the same as others did on here, make VoDs or videos of your matches, post them and we tell you your flaws and tell you what to improve (even if you didn't die, mistakes cost matches too). You know, you are not the only person with "bad teammates" because the other side flips a coin too and is able to have bad players too. :)

I don't know what to tell you, but it's the truth. Sometimes you are not as good as you might think. You will definitely climb if you are good enough. It's okay not being as good as you might think. Enjoy the game or just one trick a character and hope for the best. Do the same as others did on here, make VoDs or videos of your matches, post them and we tell you your flaws and tell you what to improve (even if you didn't die, mistakes cost matches too). You know, you are not the only person with "bad teammates" because the other side flips a coin too and is able to have bad players too. :)
Nope, I do better in scrims with Masters and GMs thankfully, but I have odd hours so I can't run with a stack so I have to rely on solo queuing. Thank you for your input though.

or your mad skills are just being wasted
So butthurt, but I see you are a joke poster here to everyone so I can safely ignore you. Thank you for your time.

Nope, not if you're given bad teammates as outlined above. Thank you for your input though.
Climbing SR in soloQ is actually a different skill set than playing in custom games and scrims. I can believe someone can perform at a similar level of Master/GM players in scrims and also have trouble climbing in ranked, they're different games.

But there is not a ranked player in the game who will tell you they get good teammates every game. Complaining about bad teammates is something that players of every single rank in the entire game do (xQc's stream would be a good example), but high ranked players still get to high ranks with those teammates.

Unless you've convinced yourself that every Grandmaster player in the game has paid a pro player to duo with them, I don't understand how you can think it's impossible to climb. How did the Master and Grandmaster players you're scrimming with get to their ranks? Everyone is on the same grind and goes through the same experiences. Everyone has people who randomly leave for no reason, people that get in arguments over minor transgressions and start throwing, people that aren't playing their main heroes, Widows that can't aim, Anas that don't heal, people that just reinstalled the game after 6 months, people playing Torb on KOTH, off-meta one-tricks, the whole gamut, everyone has seen it.

If you see yourself as a player who doesn't do anything like the things I just mentioned, then you are already putting yourself at an advantage with every single game you queue for. If you know you're good, then only 5 players on your team can be those things. 6 players on the enemy team can be those things. The odds are not against you.

Last edited:
Climbing SR in soloQ is actually a different skill set than playing in custom games and scrims. I can believe someone can perform at a similar level of Master/GM players in scrims and also have trouble climbing in ranked, they're different games.

But there is not a ranked player in the game who will tell you they get good teammates every game. Complaining about bad teammates is something that players of every single rank in the entire game do (xQc's stream would be a good example), but high ranked players still get to high ranks with those teammates.

Unless you've convinced yourself that every Grandmaster player in the game has paid a pro player to duo with them, I don't understand how you can think it's impossible to climb. How did the Master and Grandmaster players you're scrimming with get to their ranks? Everyone is on the same grind and goes through the same experiences. Everyone has people who randomly leave for no reason, people that get in arguments over minor transgressions and start throwing, people that aren't playing their main heroes, Widows that can't aim, Anas that don't heal, people that just reinstalled the game after 6 months, people playing Torb on KOTH, off-meta one-tricks, the whole gamut, everyone has seen it.

If you see yourself as a player who doesn't do anything like the things I just mentioned, then you are already putting yourself at an advantage with every single game you queue for. If you know you're good, then only 5 players on your team can be those things. 6 players on the enemy team can be those things. The odds are not against you.
Completely agree. I think that if you are good enough, you will climb.

However, I also want to add that unless you are much better than the rank you play, you need to play a lot of games to rank up. Someone else mentioned that if you only play a few dozen games a season, you might not move much.
I have first hand knowledge of this as I barely play competitive, and because of that my SR barely moves. Since I started playing competitive in season 6, I've played a total of 105 comp games, which is why I'm still at the rank I'm at.

I love Blizzard World. Hell I don't think I dislike any map. You adapt and conquer.
If i remember a fan poll had people vote for the worst maps in the game and top 3 were like oasis, anubis and hanamura i think.

I dont think i enjoy ANY 2CP map and Oasis is just snowball central out of all the koth maps. I always had problems with oasis and i never enjoy playing it.

Chicken Wing

Seriously bro, one trick D.VA. She is a hard carry off tank that everyone will appreciate you for picking a tank in low elo.

If she is taken, go for a safe pick like Lucio.

You can get out of your rank, just need patience and the power of one trick! Lol

Chicken Wing

Seriously bro, one trick D.VA. She is a hard carry off tank that everyone will appreciate you for picking a tank in low elo.

If she is taken, go for a safe pick like Lucio.

You can get out of your rank, just need patience and the power of one trick! Lol
I'd say Orisa over Dva. I think she's got more potential to create space and carry the DPS who are trash in lower ELO's.

D.Va, Orisa, and Lucio are absolutely good solo queue characters

if you have a main you know you’re great at, use them too, but consider learning and using these three as well if you want to climb

has anyone noticed this trend of mercy or sym one tricks/mains playing Sombra as a secondary. Its interesting to the say the least. especially when you get rolled by one :(

Haven't played in a while, did they change Sombra's hack so that it's easier to break?

Also, got to participate in pirate ship today as the Torb. That was interesting. They had two Reapers but, only one of them got to ult and he wasn't able to get close enough to the ship to kill anyone.

Yet I know personally SEVERAL people who used to be gm on ps4 get gm on PC. I can give you names if you'd like receipts .
Exception, not the rule. I know people who couldn't get to where they were on console. The games aren't even balanced the same, so thank you for your input but not really applicable.

Far more comparable than not.
K, thanks for your input.

What exactly are you looking for from us? It seems like everyone’s answers here aren’t helping but yet Antitrop gave you the most extensive reasoning to why you’re not climbing and he’s probably the best / most knowledgeable among us.
Huh, I never asked for anything from you all, simply stating facts. I know why, bad teammates, broken MMR etc. As I said I do better in scrims with masters and GM and the fact using the new account i placed at 2975 shows its a bit bored, which people knew. Thanks for your input though.

Huh, I never asked for anything from you all, simply stating facts. I know why, bad teammates, broken MMR etc. As I said I do better in scrims with masters and GM and the fact using the new account i placed at 2975 shows its a bit bored, which people knew. Thanks for your input though.
Yeah, but everyone does better in scrims with high level teammates. I'm a gold player and played a lot of games with diamond - GM players, and it works because your an actual team and not 6 randoms put together, and you can just follow their lead as the higher rank people will know what to do.

If you just solo queue your going to get a lot of shit players, but so will the other team. You just have to play a lot of games, then your SR will eventually reflect your skill at the game.

Gained 100 SR today, from 3600 to 3700 solo Q. Just with Moira and a bit of Rein.

You can climb in solo q. Just be patient and know when to stop.

Exception, not the rule. I know people who couldn't get to where they were on console. The games aren't even balanced the same, so thank you for your input but not really applicable.

Or maybe it’s just YOU? Let’s think about that for a bit. Thank you for your input.

Gained 100 SR today, from 3600 to 3700 solo Q. Just with Moira and a bit of Rein.

You can climb in solo q. Just be patient and know when to stop.
Hey, I remember a post of yours where I saw you're basically EU me

Since getting to master I'm having the problem of every other game having a team of 5 support mains, and we're all like, "now what", though I can somewhat make up for bad DPS with Brig, have you been running into this too? At least I can tank reasonably well and like play Sombra sometimes lol.

Im just blessed to always get diamond to low masters when i play my 10 comp matches.

It takes longer and longer for me to do my 10 matches these days cause i play as few as possible in a week to avoid salt.

"I'm stubborn, advice isn't applicable to me, everyone around me is bad and outside factors do me in, I'm not bad at all. Trust me."