Overwatch |OT2|Live Long and Alla Till Mig!

I'd say thanks for yours but youre not actually saying anything but I should be better but my teeeeeeeem.

Go to the Overwatch boards. They'll enable you.
I've said facts but ok. I dont need to be better I just need better teammates more consistently. I shouldn't have to explain counters or swaps to people or be gold damage as support or be stuck with Moira that don't only use damage ball. Yhis whole conversation is moot now though because a new account helped. ELO hell is real. Day of playing and actually having competent teams and I'm at 3471. So thanks for your input though.

“I do better with higher ranked players carrying me”

Revelation of the year
Aww this is cute. Automatically assuming carrying to fit your ignorant post as opposed to what the other person claimed. Thanks for your input though. Lmao

Yeah, but everyone does better in scrims with high level teammates. I'm a gold player and played a lot of games with diamond - GM players, and it works because your an actual team and not 6 randoms put together, and you can just follow their lead as the higher rank people will know what to do.

If you just solo queue your going to get a lot of shit players, but so will the other team. You just have to play a lot of games, then your SR will eventually reflect your skill at the game.
Well that's not actually true based on research others have done. Blizzards Mr will do what it can to balance the match 50/50. So since I'm better than the players I have to explain tutorial level shit to I'm still stuck with them because I'm making these matches more "even". However this is moot now since I made a new account. Should've done this seasons ago.

Gained 100 SR today, from 3600 to 3700 solo Q. Just with Moira and a bit of Rein.

You can climb in solo q. Just be patient and know when to stop.
Truth, I take a break if i lose 2 in a row. Solo queued all day today with a fresh account and the difference is exactly how i was told it'd be.

Or maybe it’s just YOU? Let’s think about that for a bit. Thank you for your input.
Considering after a day of comp on a new account I'm already at 3471, nope, not me. Thanks for your input though.

"I'm stubborn, advice isn't applicable to me, everyone around me is bad and outside factors do me in, I'm not bad at all. Trust me."
Considering after a day of comp on a new account I'm already at 3471, nope, not me. Thanks for your input though.

Long wait to find a fair match usually means short wait to find an unfair match.

Wish they'd add an option to let you wait longer to find a fairer match.

I've said facts but ok. I dont need to be better I just need better teammates more consistently. I shouldn't have to explain counters or swaps to people or be gold damage as support or be stuck with Moira that don't only use damage ball. Yhis whole conversation is moot now though because a new account helped. ELO hell is real. Day of playing and actually having competent teams and I'm at 3471. So thanks for your input though.

Aww this is cute. Automatically assuming carrying to fit your ignorant post as opposed to what the other person claimed. Thanks for your input though. Lmao

Well that's not actually true based on research others have done. Blizzards Mr will do what it can to balance the match 50/50. So since I'm better than the players I have to explain tutorial level shit to I'm still stuck with them because I'm making these matches more "even". However this is moot now since I made a new account. Should've done this seasons ago.

Truth, I take a break if i lose 2 in a row. Solo queued all day today with a fresh account and the difference is exactly how i was told it'd be.

Diagnosis: narcissistic personality disorder.

Last edited:
Hey, I remember a post of yours where I saw you're basically EU me

Since getting to master I'm having the problem of every other game having a team of 5 support mains, and we're all like, "now what", though I can somewhat make up for bad DPS with Brig, have you been running into this too? At least I can tank reasonably well and like play Sombra sometimes lol.
Yes. I didn't play Brig at all yesterday because they either instant lock her or someone is playing Lucio.

But that's fine. I am also a Moira main.

But there was one game in Anubis where we had two duo support mains who instant locked brig and lucio (no main healer, huge problem) and we had only one DPS main. I can flex with Tanks but our DPS fed up and started throwing.

We lost miserably against Pharmercy.

Up there it's either you get that lucky DPS Master Widow or get stomped by thier Widow or get unlucky team comp (no DPS).

For me, I used to play DPS when I was in Gold/Plat so I always tell my team that I don't feel comfortable playing DPS with Top 500 up my ass lol.

The Symmetra rework has been a total failure. It's embarassing how badly they've continued to flub her reworks
I disagree, I feel like her turrets are much more annoying to the enemy now they're not so easy to instakill, and the ult barrier dividing across a point can make or break a teamfight there. It does suck that her primary fire got nerfed so hard though.

I disagree, I feel like her turrets are much more annoying to the enemy now they're not so easy to instakill, and the ult barrier dividing across a point can make or break a teamfight there. It does suck that her primary fire got nerfed so hard though.
She's really bad. Her primary fire is broken. Her ult is useless. Her teleporter is sitational. Her win rate has gone to shit.

At least 2.0 sym had a shield and shield gen to protect her. This Sym is garbage. She's literally competing with every DPS for a spot.

She's really bad. Her primary fire is broken. Her ult is useless. Her teleporter is sitational. Her win rate has gone to shit.

At least 2.0 sym had a shield and shield gen to protect her. This Sym is garbage. She's literally competing with every DPS for a spot.
After many many attempts at playing her, I tend to agree with you. In comp she's borderline a throw at this point. You have to really know what you're doing with her to get anything done otherwise it's usually better to pick another DPS.

Sym was a niche pick before and she seems like a niche pick now. At least now people don't meltdown if she gets picked and start throwing. Probably needs some tweaks but I'd count that as somewhat of a success.

LMAO. You will 100% run into matches on this new account that tilted you just like your old account. Don't get it twisted. You aren't proving some crazy new theory about Overwatch here. At all. In fact, I'll give it a week before you're back in here complaining about the same thing on this new account. Guaranteed.

EDIT: Thanks for your input, LMAO again.

"Elo hell" is a personal hell. It is the rank at which you feel like you are better than your teammates but are nonetheless not good enough to carry them. For example, a player who belongs at 4000 might have a fair bit of difficulty dealing with poor teammates/communication in a 3700 game. She's better than them, but not better enough to be able to overcome serious team deficiencies. Conversely, a 4000 player will have no trouble winning in a 3000 game so long as her team doesn't literally up and leave.

However, the longer you stick around in an SR range, the more likely it is that you are at the SR that you belong. Blizzard's system, like most matchmaking systems, is bad at dealing with small sample sizes: If you only play a few games, the rank is simply a broad strokes guess because there isn't much to go off of. But the more games you play, the more likely it is that the game has correctly ascertained your rank. Why? Because the influence of throwers, uncommunicative teammates, people who inexplicably only pick Bastion, and other things you largely can't control for becomes like the statistical average for all players.

What you are missing in your analysis of your own situation is that everyone deals with bad teammates in more or less equal quantities (with the sole exception of players that are new). Many people climb in spite of those bad teammates because the percentage of games that they win when unaffected by things that simply cannot be overcame (like a leaver, unless there is a very large skill imbalance) is very high.

Look at the games you've played in a given session. Take the games out where the outcome was determined - either for or against you - because of a thrower, a leaver, or a toxic player. How many of those games did you win? Chances are it is around 50%, and it may even be slightly lower (as non-throwers inherently have their SR inflated a bit by the existence of throwers). That win rate, inasmuch as it is possible to do so in a team game, is entirely your responsibility. You cannot blame anyone else for your failure to win a game that it was reasonably possible to win. Maybe your issue isn't mechanical (although if you're in diamond, it's probably at least part of the problem) - maybe you get toxic too quickly and your attitude towards your teammates causes you to not give them the requisite respect and deference that they deserve. Perhaps you need to work on communication, or shotcalling. Personally, based on what you've said, I think you need to stop thinking that getting gold DPS as support is a good thing, as that probably means you're spending too much time doing damage yourself and not enough time helping other people do damage.

Honestly though, the best way to prove that you're actually some undiscovered god is to post some vods and let people watch. Believe me, it will be obvious to us.

In short, If you don't like the idea of being assessed on your ability to work with a team, then don't play Overwatch.

You played ten games and got to 3471? Great - let's see you keep that rank after 100 games.

Here is the thing with New Symm:

Remember when we watched videos and like: oh yeah! Instead of Zen, we can use her tele and escape from Zarya's grav! That's soooo cool!

Reality: can we not have Symm, please?

"Elo hell" is a personal hell. It is the rank at which you feel like you are better than your teammates but are nonetheless not good enough to carry them. For example, a player who belongs at 4000 might have a fair bit of difficulty dealing with poor teammates/communication in a 3700 game. She's better than them, but not better enough to be able to overcome serious team deficiencies. Conversely, a 4000 player will have no trouble winning in a 3000 game so long as her team doesn't literally up and leave.

However, the longer you stick around in an SR range, the more likely it is that you are at the SR that you belong. Blizzard's system, like most matchmaking systems, is bad at dealing with small sample sizes: If you only play a few games, the rank is simply a broad strokes guess because there isn't much to go off of. But the more games you play, the more likely it is that the game has correctly ascertained your rank. Why? Because the influence of throwers, uncommunicative teammates, people who inexplicably only pick Bastion, and other things you largely can't control for becomes like the statistical average for all players.

What you are missing in your analysis of your own situation is that everyone deals with bad teammates in more or less equal quantities (with the sole exception of players that are new). Many people climb in spite of those bad teammates because the percentage of games that they win when unaffected by things that simply cannot be overcame (like a leaver, unless there is a very large skill imbalance) is very high.

Look at the games you've played in a given session. Take the games out where the outcome was determined - either for or against you - because of a thrower, a leaver, or a toxic player. How many of those games did you win? Chances are it is around 50%, and it may even be slightly lower (as non-throwers inherently have their SR inflated a bit by the existence of throwers). That win rate, inasmuch as it is possible to do so in a team game, is entirely your responsibility. You cannot blame anyone else for your failure to win a game that it was reasonably possible to win. Maybe your issue isn't mechanical (although if you're in diamond, it's probably at least part of the problem) - maybe you get toxic too quickly and your attitude towards your teammates causes you to not give them the requisite respect and deference that they deserve. Perhaps you need to work on communication, or shotcalling. Personally, based on what you've said, I think you need to stop thinking that getting gold DPS as support is a good thing, as that probably means you're spending too much time doing damage yourself and not enough time helping other people do damage.

Honestly though, the best way to prove that you're actually some undiscovered god is to post some vods and let people watch. Believe me, it will be obvious to us.

In short, If you don't like the idea of being assessed on your ability to work with a team, then don't play Overwatch.

You played ten games and got to 3471? Great - let's see you keep that rank after 100 games.
Well said. Especially the part about seeing where he's at after 100 games vs the 10 he's played. I used to tilt hard in comp until reading posts like this which helped me understand the game better. I used to jump on comms and yell at our trash Widow to switch off but I stopped doing that altogether and just accepted the fact that even if that trash Widow did switch, he would just throw with another character as well. Now I just chalk it up to a loss and wait for the match to end where I avoid that player and move on to the next one.

Yes. I didn't play Brig at all yesterday because they either instant lock her or someone is playing Lucio.

But that's fine. I am also a Moira main.

But there was one game in Anubis where we had two duo support mains who instant locked brig and lucio (no main healer, huge problem) and we had only one DPS main. I can flex with Tanks but our DPS fed up and started throwing.

We lost miserably against Pharmercy.

Up there it's either you get that lucky DPS Master Widow or get stomped by thier Widow or get unlucky team comp (no DPS).

For me, I used to play DPS when I was in Gold/Plat so I always tell my team that I don't feel comfortable playing DPS with Top 500 up my ass lol.
I feel like I’m talking to myself, we may be doppelgangers. I’ve gotten to the point where I just pick Brig in most situations, people take a look at my profile and just let me have her lol, unless I really have to fill somewhere cause people would rather lose than switch off reaper when they’re getting displaced/stunned by 5 heroes on the other team, or there’s an uncontested Widow/Hanzo or Ana winning fights from a mile away.

As someone who doesn't actually play Symmetra I dislike the rework. I have no take on if she's actually better, I'll leave that to people that use her, but since the rework she's significantly worse as a teammate(at least at my gold/plat level of play). Almost no one uses the teleporter well. I've had like, 2 Sym's that actually call it out and have a gameplan for it. The ult never seems to help. It's entirely possible at a higher level of play with more coordination this stuff is good but it's not my personal experience. The thing about old Symm is her old ults could be tide shifting against certain teams. Not because there was no counterplay but because a ton of average players couldn't or wouldn't deal with it and it was super effective. So I can understand that at more optima level of l play it would be fraudulent at least it got us wins. I can't think of many scenarios where I actually want her on my team now. I mean, I'm not someone who gets salty over who people want to play, but I'm never excited for a Sym and they almost never seem to be anything other than average, not dead weight teammates.

I feel the same about Wrecking Ball actually.

How do you get better teammates consistently though?

I mean if I had better teammates I would have made masters a long the one ago. But alas, I’m stuck at never getting past 3400 ever (since s4). It’s not that I haven’t improved, but apparently not enough, but fuck it I’m over it, tired of dedicating so much time into this game and just seeing no actual improvement.

Funny story, I have an alt account I let a friend borrow, which he got to masters. I don’t touch the account anymore, but there was a season where I did placements and played against decay. I was able to do hold my own and even had golds as a dps (I am a offtank main). Did I magically become masters level or did my teammates carry me to the win?

Almost out of bronze, feels good after dropping so much from when I first got PC OW (first ranked at low gold lol, similar to my Xbox rank). Had some great games on Friday after finding a team that clicked well.

Totally feeling Zen this season, I'm 18-3 with him :'D

Diagnosis: narcissistic personality disorder.
Cute and ignorant. You must be the funniest kid at recess. Thanks for your input though.
LMAO. You will 100% run into matches on this new account that tilted you just like your old account. Don't get it twisted. You aren't proving some crazy new theory about Overwatch here. At all. In fact, I'll give it a week before you're back in here complaining about the same thing on this new account. Guaranteed.

EDIT: Thanks for your input, LMAO again.
K, are you done? Thanks for your input though.

blah blah

You need to re-read the post and comprehend better before you say this, it was over a day of playing after placements the previous.

So then what was your other account at?
Currently it's 2890, max was 3058

I mean if I had better teammates I would have made masters a long the one ago. But alas, I’m stuck at never getting past 3400 ever (since s4). It’s not that I haven’t improved, but apparently not enough, but fuck it I’m over it, tired of dedicating so much time into this game and just seeing no actual improvement.

Funny story, I have an alt account I let a friend borrow, which he got to masters. I don’t touch the account anymore, but there was a season where I did placements and played against decay. I was able to do hold my own and even had golds as a dps (I am a offtank main). Did I magically become masters level or did my teammates carry me to the win?
It's not you, it's your teammates. The game is made to balance itself to 50/50 so if you are good you are purposely put with those of lesser talent.

So why not post your tag then? :)
No thanks, last time i did that on reddit I doxxed and harassed. Thanks for your input though.

Well, he did go from considering an alt account to already having it placed in only 2 days. That's like a full day of playing at least. Doesn't it take like 8 - 10 hours to reach level 25?
Took about 6 hours of constant play with a group in arcade and qp. Thanks for your input though.

No thanks, last time i did that on reddit I doxxed and harassed. Thanks for your input though.

Took about 6 hours of constant play with a group in arcade and qp. Thanks for your input though.
Dude you do realize that you probably shouldn't be in here, right? I mean, you are a complete contrarian on every single point that we are making and ultimately it'll just cause everyone to ignore you eventually. We did our best to try to explain how Overwatch works for you and all we've seen is you pull this "Thanks for your input though" contrarian vibe. Why are you even here? You know what? Don't answer that. Just bounce outta here.

Dude you do realize that you probably shouldn't be in here, right? I mean, you are a complete contrarian on every single point that we are making and ultimately it'll just cause everyone to ignore you eventually. We did our best to try to explain how Overwatch works for you and all we've seen is you pull this "Thanks for your input though" contrarian vibe. Why are you even here? You know what? Don't answer that. Just bounce outta here.
K, you done? I didnt ask you for help. Thanks for your input though.

You need to re-read the post and comprehend better before you say this, it was over a day of playing after placements the previous.
I didn't mean it literally. My point was simply that small sample sizes produce inaccurate results in elo and elo-like matchmaking systems. The game doesn't really have enough information to give you an accurate rating unless you've played a lot of games, and even then the confidence may be low if you've, say, improved over time.
It's not you, it's your teammates. The game is made to balance itself to 50/50 so if you are good you are purposely put with those of lesser talent.
That's not how the matchmaking works. It makes two teams of six that have similar average MMRs (which is equal to SR unless you've decayed or disconnected, although it is currently not completely clear how exactly DCing plays into the MMR equation and its effect is small unless you do it a lot). Players with similar average MMRs are thought, by the system, to have roughly similar skill levels in the aggregate. You aren't deliberately put with worse players because the game thinks you're better; the only thing the game knows about your skill level is represented in your MMR. Even teams are created by virtue of the fact that the game sticks twelve players of roughly equal skill together. The teams are not always even in practice, but there are lots of reasons for this. The main two are players who are in the wrong rank because of low confidence (generally as a result of a low number of games played, smurfing, or anything else that causes a large difference between short-term results and long-term results, if any) and because of poor player synergy, which are two things that the matchmaking system can't really do anything about.

The SR system isn't perfect but it's now fairly reliable, especially above 3000. Originally, Blizzard had tried to do something that others before had tried and failed to do by using match statistics to inflect SR gains/losses, but they've since stopped doing this for players above 3000 because it doesn't work very well for a lot of reasons. Now, SR works about as well as any other individual-score-for-team-game ELO system: A higher SR indicates that a player is more likely to win a game. It doesn't directly say anything about skill, but because skill is a large factor in determining who wins a given Overwatch game, large differences in SR generally translate to large differences in skill. What makes SR tricky is that it also incorporates things like communication skills, your ability to adapt and make relevant hero changes, the degree to which you get tilted and the degree to which that affects your game play, and virtually everything else that would increase or decrease your chance of winning games.

If you knew nothing else about a player but their SR and you were assembling a team, you would always want to pick the higher number. If you subsequently learn that they have a really shallow hero pool, or they're like you and they're utterly incapable of taking any responsibility for their shortcomings, then that will also play into the analysis, but SR is currently as close as we get to a numeric representation of skill. A lot of Contenders tryouts had a listed SR requirement of 4300. That's because most people at the intersection of a) is good enough to play in Contenders and b) is not otherwise known by the competitive community will be more than capable of hitting 4300.

You don't. You be a better teammate and then you win more games by virtue of the fact that you are a better player than you were before.

No but you really are offering nothing to any discussion here and you are disagreeing with everyone here....So again, what's your point troll?
I stated my experiences that's all. Others have done the same you just don't like it or agree with me so you're getting a bit too invested and emotional now. I haven't said anything inflammatory or called people trolls like you have. I said I'm stuck because of bad teammates and gave examples and you disagree. Thanks for your input though.

Thankfully at higher ranks people don't get offended when you try to tell them something isn't working. Had a Hammond and Sombra 2 stack on attack that wasn't working and they were told and asked what would be better and they actually switched and we recovered. I swear communication and not being offended is keyk

Thankfully at higher ranks people don't get offended when you try to tell them something isn't working. Had a Hammond and Sombra 2 stack on attack that wasn't working and they were told and asked what would be better and they actually switched and we recovered. I swear communication and not being offended is keyk
That's 100% totally not the case but you go on believing what you want to believe there. Upper ranks tilt just as much as lower. Thank you for your input, though.

EDIT: To clarify - Communication is key but higher ranks still tilt just as much as any other rank.

When I politely asked a McCree (that was getting creamed by Doomfist and the enemy tank-heavy line up) to swap to Reaper to help counter them, it helped turn the game in a 180 and we won in a landslide.

It's rare, but I do appreciate when teammates are willing to adapt when things are not working.

Man I hate the endorsement system. I wish they took it out lol. I shouldn't care about it but I can't not. Fourth time when it drops to 2. I was lvl4 yesterday and just now it said "reduced from 3 to2". What? What happened to lvl4? Haven't left one match early.

Man I hate the endorsement system. I wish they took it out lol. I shouldn't care about it but I can't not. Fourth time when it drops to 2. I was lvl4 yesterday and just now it said "reduced from 3 to2". What? What happened to lvl4? Haven't left one match early.
I don't know how it works, either. I got to level 5, it dropped to 2, and it went back to three 3 (with an announcement from Blizzard I got free loot boxes for reaching Level 3 Endorsed).

Does endorsment actually serve any purpose other than free loot boxes?
That, and it's supposed to be a mentality booster that, if this person has this high of an endorsement level, that means they must be a positive bloke. (In truth, I'm seeing fewer and fewer people using this system, as it does nothing to change one's negativity.)

That, and it's supposed to be a mentality booster that, if this person has this high of an endorsement level, that means they must be a positive bloke. (In truth, I'm seeing fewer and fewer people using this system, as it does nothing to change one's negativity.)
I use it, it’s awesome when you get bodied by someone but that fella doesn’t get cards, or if someone in your team did really well, i can’t get past 4 despite being a saint though

I use it, it’s awesome when you get bodied by someone but that fella doesn’t get cards, or if someone in your team did really well, i can’t get past 4 despite being a saint though
As mentioned before, I got to Level 5, but it shot down to 2, then went back to 3-4. There must be something wrong if it keeps yo-yo'ing at such extremes.

Otherwise, I agree with what you've said.

As mentioned before, I got to Level 5, but it shot down to 2, then went back to 3-4. There must be something wrong if it keeps yo-yo'ing at such extremes.

Otherwise, I agree with what you've said.
Idk how can you drop from 5 to 2 without having DC’d at least a few matches, a dc= -50 points after all