Overwatch |OT2|Live Long and Alla Till Mig!

What do you mean by backline? I am new to this. Just got the PC version through humble bundle this month.
Backline is the supports/ healers with the exception of Brig, if you're not getting a lot of healing probably means they are preoccupied with staying alive.

Usually a peeling tank(dva, zarya, brig) is tasked to protect them. But you don't usually get that much coordination so anyone that can help should.

Honestly, I hate the meta this season. It's such a pain in the ass. The amount of one shots and crowd control effects has gotten so far out of hand it's painful to play at times. I do like the return of Ana. Otherwise, not a fan of this entire season.

LMFAO LMFAO. 10% left before they win the game. lets just switch off winston to hog who is the slowest fucking hero. G FUCKING G\
the brains of people today.
last game im playing on 3rd account. stupid all around tonight.

Last edited:
Sometimes I miss the adrenaline rush of when the game used to go into massive overtime for 5 minutes and Mercys would rez half the team over and over. This was in the first few seasons. Now if there’s a team wipe at the end of a game it’s pretty much over. No point in even trying to rush back to point. I wish there was some middle ground.

last game. we didn't need a rein but you know. its like the only thing they think we need. dva would have been great. but you know. i don't tell people what to play. let them decide what works but i guess i shouldn't

0-5

thanks blizz

Last edited:
Found a good group last Friday. Added them and grouped up with them again today. Went 3-1. They play competitively at their college; it's so nice to play with people who actually want to co-operate and want to run different comps, strats, routes, etc. It feels like I'm finally playing Overwatch.

"lets try goats"
me -yeah. but actually requires team coordination

the team who basically spent the 2nd point playing at the choke. i was waiting for the team to fuck up which they did. then on attack the dps would constantly die and never group up. but then again. they did the same thing on defense. it ended up being a draw. its still a loss. let me avoid them

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
how do I be a good mercy?
Stay in the backline.
Do not Rez unless it's absolutely safe to do so.
Remember to damage boost when your team's health is topped off.
Learn target prioritization and Guardian Angel accordingly.
Make yourself harder to hit when alternating between floating and freefall.
DO NOT REZ UNLESS IT'S ABSOLUTELY SAFE TO DO SO.

How did it used to be? I vaguely remember hearing people say she got nerfed or something like that?
originally she could res anyone in a certain range. back in the day they would have ult (res) and tell people to just die on point while she hid. then res the whole team with no cast time the first ult change and her res being an ability she could res, ult, res once, wait 10 seconds, res again. also during res she was invuln. which was so op. and there were other passive things that made her too strong. they changed it some more. res still ability. but could only res once during valk. until basically they just removed the ability to res during valk lol. many more nerfs, we are one res every 30s. cast time on it. and people can cancel her res with a kill, sleep, stun, etc.

how do I be a good mercy?
Focus healing your tanks then second support then dps, don't mind the whining from the dps. But you don't have top off your tanks if a lower hp character is low, a tank can wait a few seconds just make sure they have enough to stay alive. Stay with your Tanks unless you have a Parah. Tanks will get you ultimate faster and Valk is a powerful ultimate

Get a feel for damage amp and when you can use it, damage amp is very useful in getting teammates their ults, junkrat spam, Zarya blasts, etc.

Learn her mobility with guardian angel, also try to have an exit strategy, person you can fly to if you get dove on, if you have a Pharah try to stay with her in the air, you can float by holding space.

Try to get teammates to help guard while reviving. A lot of Mercy is feeling out what you can do and when you can do it and that comes with experience.

Stay in the backline.
Remember to damage boost when your team's health is topped off.
Learn target prioritization and Guardian Angel accordingly.
Make yourself harder to hit when alternating between floating and freefall.
DO NOT REZ UNLESS IT'S ABSOLUTELY SAFE TO DO SO.
people also seem to be unaware of the fact that you have a grace period between someone dying and being able to rez. people love to just rush in and rez someone the very second they die. also position yourself correctly BEFORE you initiate rez. these are extremely simple things you can implement right away to improve your mercy play without any practice whatsoever

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
people also seem to be unaware of the fact that you have a grace period between someone dying and being able to rez. people love to just rush in and rez someone the very second they die
99 times out of 100 when someone dies the grace period doesn't actually matter. Everyone on the enemy team is scoping me the fuck out. I can't.

I feel like this ability is still needed when you have team wipe ulti like Genji's and Reaper's.
Maybe nerf it abit by making the resurrected heroes lost their ult charge or having half their health or something.
I disagree as that's the point of the team wipe ults, to win the team fight. I hope the old mercy rez never comes back. That and I feel its easier to counter the team wipe ults than it is to counter the full team rez by a Mercy.

Interesting stats post on /r/CompetitiveOverwatch about current Mercy, she's got the worst winrate out of every hero up to Diamond and even en Plat she's got the worst winrate among supports.

Stay dead, moth.
I read that too. People were talking about buffing Mercy slightly, or a nerf to Ana's ult. Though I'm perfectly fine without feeling like I have to play Mercy in games. I much prefer other supports. Especially now that Ana isn't considered a throw pick anymore.

Mercy old ultimate was the worst thing ever. Game was only about killing Mercy or searching for her. I don't miss it even though matches back then were way way more engaging. I also miss the old overtime :(

I personally don’t miss the old overtime system, as it made matches go on WAY too long for their own good. And, on occasion, the SR you gain would be comically minimal that it slowly became infuriating.