Paladins |OT| Champions of the Realm

You guys do know this game is free with a small player base compared to overwatch. Do you want them to make money so they can continue to make the game or go bankrupt and never play it again

You guys do know this game is free with a small player base compared to overwatch. Do you want them to make money so they can continue to make the game or go bankrupt and never play it again
I think the pricing is pretty fair. 30 dollars for the base game aka all the champs. Free if you want to earn them, which from what I understand is not difficult. No more cards to worry about at least. Skin pricing is okay. Premium skins are more than just cosmetics for your character, they are affect the abilities, similar to mobas. I like that aspect at least. I think paladins pricing model is quite fair and I hope it's successful for them.

Can someone explain this Maeve nerf:

Maeve

Talents
Street Justice
NEW EFFECT: Now executes at 35% health with pounce

Pounce now only does bonus DMG if enemy is bellow 35% or what? If yes, RIP Maeve.

I think the pricing is pretty fair. 30 dollars for the base game aka all the champs. Free if you want to earn them, which from what I understand is not difficult. No more cards to worry about at least. Skin pricing is okay. Premium skins are more than just cosmetics for your character, they are affect the abilities, similar to mobas. I like that aspect at least. I think paladins pricing model is quite fair and I hope it's successful for them.
Yea I hope it’s not a game that they have to shut down because of money is an issue. In fact I would love to see a sequel in UE 4.i didn’t like overwatch, so hopefully they can find something to bring in more players

Yea I hope it’s not a game that they have to shut down because of money is an issue. In fact I would love to see a sequel in UE 4.i didn’t like overwatch, so hopefully they can find something to bring in more players
Last I saw they're doing pretty well in terms of player count. I remember them being top 10 on that steam (leaked?) thing a few weeks ago. And that doesn't include the 3 consoles, and it doesn't even include the entire PC playerbase since the game originally (and still available) launched from it's own launcher so steam is optional.

Can someone explain this Maeve nerf:

Maeve

Talents
Street Justice
NEW EFFECT: Now executes at 35% health with pounce

Pounce now only does bonus DMG if enemy is bellow 35% or what? If yes, RIP Maeve.
That could also possibly means that it insta gibs anyone below 35% health

Not liking these bundles at all, shits way too expensive.

I want to get that rave meave. I fucked up not getting it the first time.
I want Raeve too, but i also want new Furia skin. :( Please Hi-Rez give us two Vault Keys, not just one!

Btw. does anyone have issue with Furia's weapon sound effects being too low after the latest "hotfix"? I can barely hear it while shooting.

Yeah I really only want that Furia skin... But 600 a pop is asking a bit much.
You can't even buy it for crystals, lol.
The only way to get new Furia skin is to buy 3 new skins as bundle. Then you can unlock Furia. There is no other way. You can't buy Furia skin directly with Crystals.

I think that it will be very rare skin.

I want Raeve too, but i also want new Furia skin. :( Please Hi-Rez give us two Vault Keys, not just one!

Btw. does anyone have issue with Furia's weapon sound effects being too low after the latest "hotfix"? I can barely hear it while shooting.
I know, I’m in that dilemma too. But I’m pretty sure they’re going to top this Furia skin. On the other hand, I doubt they can bear Raeve lol

I know, I’m in that dilemma too. But I’m pretty sure they’re going to top this Furia skin. On the other hand, I doubt they can bear Raeve lol
It's funny how after all this time Raeve is still one of the most wanted skins in the game for many. But i am also seeing it in many of my games. I wouldn't really call it rare... idk. really. It is very unique and different but mostly the audio part tho.

HiRez really needs to rethink how they're doing the unlocks for this event. You can only get 1 skin from the vault, and that's it. Who thought that up? Why isn't a key included with each of the separated skins. I do not play Moji or Sha'lin, and I don't even really want the Khan skin since I already have Amerikhan.

Fucking money grubbing bullshit

HiRez really needs to rethink how they're doing the unlocks for this event. You can only get 1 skin from the vault, and that's it. Who thought that up? Why isn't a key included with each of the separated skins. I do not play Moji or Sha'lin, and I don't even really want the Khan skin since I already have Amerikhan.

Fucking money grubbing bullshit
They knew what they are doing, locking that Furia skin behind all that!
Like i said, giving just one Vault Key to those who purchase full bundle is really not ok. Ppl have been waiting for Raeve and Jade Priestess Seris for so long now, and they do this... It's clearly designed as money grubbing. Because i don't have other explanation. Trying to make cosmetic items feel so rare and special is just not ok.

Nice little graphic for the update.

Weird how they're buffing androxus, always felt he was one of the strongest characters. But I guess I haven't kept up either.
Ikr? I always thought that Androxus is one of the strongest Flanks. And his punch one of his strongests moves. I mean it's not just a finisher, it does a lot of DMG. Androxus mains will be even bigger pain in the ass now.

They knew what they are doing, locking that Furia skin behind all that!
Like i said, giving just one Vault Key to those who purchase full bundle is really not ok. Ppl have been waiting for Raeve and Jade Priestess Seris for so long now, and they do this... It's clearly designed as money grubbing. Because i don't have other explanation. Trying to make cosmetic items feel so rare and special is just not ok.
If they did it like the last 2 events, I would buy the Khan skin. As it stands, I'm not spending $25 to get the only thing I want. HiRez can keep it.

They should just do this if they want that Furia skin to feel rare but also ne more fair:

Buy 3 skins (Khan, Sha Lin and Moji) get Furia skin + one Vault Key to unlock one of the 4 old skins. That's the only fair thing to do.
What they did is just not ok. They take every opportunity they can to make things worse and grab more money.

They should just do this if they want that Furia skin to feel rare but also ne more fair:

Buy 3 skins (Khan, Sha Lin and Moji) get Furia skin + one Vault Key to unlock one of the 4 old skins. That's the only fair thing to do.
What they did is just not ok. They take every opportunity they can to make things worse and grab more money.
That's how Rise of Furia was. Buy 3 get 1 Free, except the prices keep going up.

Just had a match where i got Quadra kill with Skye's Ultimate. It felt so good, lol.
It was Siege, tie and we were pushing the payload, their team just exited the spawn and they all went low and then... boom, they were all gone. We won right after that.

Can't wait for Skye rework, i hope that it's still happening, BUT pls. don't touch her Ultimate.

With all champions unlocked I decided to play a bit more (on Switch), and the game is a lot of fun. There certainly are issues, technical and balance wise (Koga, lol). Getting into a game can also be annoying when people keep failing to accept the invite or not choosing a character (thanks for wasting everyone's time...). Still, the game is pretty good.

I also noticed that at least with random people after the race to grab Koga everyone still wants a damage or flank character. Which is fine with me as I can't aim with a controller so I gravitate to support anyway. Though last game with Furia I had 100k healing and still lead with 14 kills (I see why she's on the nerf list). I get the impression that for at least some people this is their first objective based shooter...

I read that Switch and Xbox are crossplay? Is that why some players on the scoreboard have a speaker icon even though there's no voice chat on Switch?

So Maeve's SJ change is actually big nerf. It doesn't deal bonus DMG anymore, it just kills enemies when they are bellow 35% health. It's basically a finisher move now.

There will be an indicator now showing you when you can kill the enemie with Pounce.

So in Fernando's case, without any health boosting cards, she can instagib him at or below 1610hp.

She's still a tank buster and that's not a thing a flank should be able to do.

Seriously that sounds so bad and frustrating. To be able to get just one skin and AFTER you spend 1200 crystals, and Furia skin being locked in the Vault...

Who thought that it's a good idea??

I am really surprised that not many ppl are complaining about this online, we should let them know that this is really not ok.

So Maeve's SJ change is actually big nerf. It doesn't deal bonus DMG anymore, it just kills enemies when they are bellow 35% health. It's basically a finisher move now.

There will be an indicator now showing you when you can kill the enemie with Pounce.

You're right in that it is a great finisher move, but you can still use it plenty before then and reset your cooldowns can make this chain execute people. That could be pretty sick combo move with someone else's ult.

Seriously that sounds so bad and frustrating. To be able to get just one skin and AFTER you spend 1200 crystals, and Furia skin being locked in the Vault...
You get 4 skins total for 1200 crystals.

Fortnite has a 20 dollar tier btw, for a single skin. Just to put things in some* perspective.

Why are ppl complaining a free to play game as if it’s their first time playing these games. Don’t buy anything if it’s too much
No one said that it's too much tho.
I mean i didn't. I am just asking why are they constantly making their "deals" and "events" worse? Why are they locking a skin in that Vault thing when for previous event they gave it to those who bought full bundle. Furia's skin is clearly part of the Event skins set, it was designed to be 4 skins. But they locked it in the Vault, and are trying to pretend how they are oh so generous by giving us the option to buy old skin instead of new Furia skin.

This game really needs to better explain how buying items works.

Had a Strix on my team that has over 400 matches played and didn't buy a single item. Also had a Khan with almost 300 matches played that bought level 1 Morale Boost and nothing else for the rest of the game.

It sucks to be handicapped because the game does an extremely poor job of explaining the mechanics.

This game really needs to better explain how buying items works.

Had a Strix on my team that has over 400 matches played and didn't buy a single item. Also had a Khan with almost 300 matches played that bought level 1 Morale Boost and nothing else for the rest of the game.

It sucks to be handicapped because the game does an extremely poor job of explaining the mechanics.
I don’t think that’s the games faults. It’s up to the individual player learning what to buy depending who they are playing against, so the player should do some research themselves. It already tells you what the items do. You need to just know how to use them

I don’t think that’s the games faults. It’s up to the individual player learning what to buy depending who they are playing against, so the player should do some research themselves. It already tells you what the items do. You need to just know how to use them
I'm not saying that game needs to tell people what specifically to buy. I just want the game to make sure these people know that items exist at all. I run into way too many people that buy absolutely nothing.

No one said that it's too much tho.
I mean i didn't. I am just asking why are they constantly making their "deals" and "events" worse? Why are they locking a skin in that Vault thing when for previous event they gave it to those who bought full bundle. Furia's skin is clearly part of the Event skins set, it was designed to be 4 skins. But they locked it in the Vault, and are trying to pretend how they are oh so generous by giving us the option to buy old skin instead of new Furia skin.
I mean...they could instead just not let you pick, as all the past events of this type have worked.

Not really sure what the issue is here, you can opt to not get one of the skins, to get one of the costly previously available skins instead. Seems fine to me, if you want Furia get Furia. I fail to see how options are bad. They're not ripping anyone off or anything, as far as cosmetics go it's totally in line

I'm not saying that game needs to tell people what specifically to buy. I just want the game to make sure these people know that items exist at all. I run into way too many people that buy absolutely nothing.
Doesn't it default to auto-purchasing items?

Last edited:
I mean...they could instead just not let you pick, as all the past events of this type have worked.

Not really sure what the issue is here, you can opt to not get one of the skins, to get one of the costly previously available skins instead. Seems fine to me, if you want Furia get Furia. I fail to see how options are bad. They're not ripping anyone off or anything, as far as cosmetics go it's totally in line

Doesn't it default to auto-purchasing items?
How do you NOT understand what i am talking about?

For previous event you unlock 4 event skins for 1200 (that's around 20$/€ btw.) + one more.

Now you unlock 3 only + one more for the same price.

So, I have to say, this game has consumed the last 2 months or so of my life since it arrived on Switch- but now its losing me. Not the game itself- just the community. Just the sheer dumbness and ineptitude- and in ranked play of all things.

Don't get me wrong, I'm hardly greatest player terms of skill in this, and try not to get too "holier than thou" when its comes to my team-mates. But I DO understand the mechanics, the roles characters are supposed to play, the need for balanced team make up, the BASICs on how the match works and what must be done to win (and prevent the other team from doing so)

My most recent match states it perfectly:

We're picking teams- first person grabs a flank, me (the second) takes Seris (so we got support)- third person a DPS- ok, someone in the next three picks for our team going to man up and take a front line, right so we have balance? Nope. 4th takes a 2nd support, 5th takes another DPS, and 6th takes a second freaking flanker. Come on people, really? Needless to say, we were steamrolled. No one was even trying to put themselves on the objective- everyone just standing back- (of course a frontline is ideal for this), but at least the DPS's could fill this role with some healing support (me) - but nope- everyone just scatters in a separate direction around the objective about 50 feet away taking potshots- Literally watching them take the point with ease. Don't even try to challenge it. Again, you know, I would be happy to drop heals on them if someone was trying to play the objective, but nope. And even with a team with all of these DPS and flanks- they sure as hell weren't doing much damage- the opposing tank was never came close to dying- the healer (keeping that tank rolling) was never harassed by either of our flankers. Just a disaster

And yes, this is one match. But its pretty much been the experience for weeks now. I don't know if its because of the influx of recent free to play players on Switch. Relative newbies with few heroes unlocked, so everyone's got their "main" who they play hell or high water. Me, I usually always pick support or frontline based on what's needed (I can roll with multiple heroes in respective class competently). But honestly, the play has been brutal lately. And when people don't even try to put themselves on the objective-standing outside of it watching it be taken- that's what really gets me. I honestly think people are just trying to get good K/D going, trying to play this as a cover shooter, and not sweating anything else, even though that's not the point of ranked play at all.

I would love to grab a group if anyone here is like-minded with their experience, and wants a more enjoyable experience. . My name on Switch is the same as my username here, if someone wants a teammate who at least plays the objective, and cares about proper party makeup and isn't just locked to a "main".

Last edited:
So, I have to say, this game has consumed the last 2 months or so of my life since it arrived on Switch- but now its losing me. Not the game itself- just the community. Just the sheer dumbness and ineptitude- and in ranked play of all things.

Don't get me wrong, I'm hardly greatest player terms of skill in this, and try not to get too "holier than thou" when its comes to my team-mates. But I DO understand the mechanics, the roles characters are supposed to play, the need for balanced team make up, the BASICs on how the match works and what must be done to win (and prevent the other team from doing so)

My most recent match states it perfectly:

We're picking teams- first person grabs a flank, me (the second) takes Seris (so we got support)- third person a DPS- ok, someone in the next three picks for our team going to man up and take a front line, right so we have balance? Nope. 4th takes a 2nd support, 5th takes another DPS, and 6th takes a second freaking flanker. Come on people, really? Needless to say, we were steamrolled. No one was even trying to put themselves on the objective- everyone just standing back- (of course a frontline is ideal for this), but at least the DPS's could fill this role with some healing support (me) - but nope- everyone just scatters in a separate direction around the objective about 50 feet away taking potshots- Literally watching them take the point with ease. Don't even try to challenge it. Again, you know, I would be happy to drop heals on them if someone was trying to play the objective, but nope. And even with a team with all of these DPS and flanks- they sure as hell weren't doing much damage- the opposing tank was never came close to dying- the healer (keeping that tank rolling) was never harassed by either of our flankers. Just a disaster

And yes, this is one match. But its pretty much been the experience for weeks now. I don't know if its because of the influx of recent free to play players on Switch. Relative newbies with few heroes unlocked, so everyone's got their "main" who they play hell or high water. Me, I usually always pick support or frontline based on what's needed (I can multiples in respective class competently). But honestly, the play has been brutal lately. And when people don't even try to put themselves on the objective-standing outside of it watching it be taken- that's what really gets me. I honestly think people are just trying to get good K/D going, trying to play this as a cover shooter, and not sweating anything else, even though that's not the point of ranked play at all.

I would love to grab a group if anyone here is like-minded with their experience, and wants a more enjoyable experience. . My name on Switch is the same as my username here, if someone wants a teammate who at least plays the objective, and cares about property party makeup and isn't just locked to a "main".
I just stop doing rank untill some people drop off or till they finally learn how to play the game. It’s not worth the headache and unfortunately a lot of the bad players are switch owners who don’t know how this game is played many of them never played overwatch and this like the first hero shooter they have ever played. I would love to play with you since it’s so hard to find switch players who want to group up. It’s seems all they want to do is okay by themselves. My name is the same or you could PM you fc!

Edit: Furia is my main but I can play Lian,Cassie,seris, and skye really good