Paladins |OT| Champions of the Realm

I somehow managed to get Furia to 50 tonight. I was randomly getting 200K+ per match even though the matches were 10 minutes long. There might be a glitch with the bonus XP you get from partying up with someone.

Not that I'm mad or anything.
Nice have you gotten her new skin, I was disappointed because it has led skin lol but I fell in love with it, I guess cuz of life she needs all the protection she needs for this event so yea it’s cool

Anyone have any tips for getting better with Mal'Damba? I like him a lot but I just can't seem to get him to click.
I made a build that you could try out: https://paladinsdecks.com/deck/show/basic-build/

Start with Chronos I & II, and then either go for Haven/Blast Shields, or if you're good with your Snek tosses you can go with Deft Hands. Hang back, don't put yourself on the front line if you can help it since his heal has unlimited (?) range.

And most importantly take your time and aim. You don't need to be 100% accurate anymore, but if you're playing on PC, maybe lowering your sensitivity could help.

I made a build that you could try out: https://paladinsdecks.com/deck/show/basic-build/

Start with Chronos I & II, and then either go for Haven/Blast Shields, or if you're good with your Snek tosses you can go with Deft Hands. Hang back, don't put yourself on the front line if you can help it since his heal has unlimited (?) range.

And most importantly take your time and aim. You don't need to be 100% accurate anymore, but if you're playing on PC, maybe lowering your sensitivity could help.
Thanks, I'll try out that build. I'm actually not really sure how to build him at all to be honest.

What are your thoughts on the new Ripened Gourd talent? It feels great to see it proc but maybe it's just not worth it.

Thanks, I'll try out that build. I'm actually not really sure how to build him at all to be honest.

What are your thoughts on the new Ripened Gourd talent? It feels great to see it proc but maybe it's just not worth it.
It's not worth it.

Current Ripened Gourd honestly only exists for meme builds, just like Makoa's infinite shell spin.

Anyone have any tips for getting better with Mal'Damba? I like him a lot but I just can't seem to get him to click.
I find he has two problems.

1. His best heal (the flask toss) requires smart teammates who actually stand in the heal zone to get healed up- but so many are ignorant of this. He can be a beast for holding a zone though if people are actually aware of how his stuff works
2. His single target heal seams to require precision aim. Unlike, say, Seris, whose direct heals autoaim to anyone in the closest vicinity of your crosshair, Mal'Damba's seems to require you to actually have your crosshair right on the recipient when you fire off the heal, and will whiff if you "miss". I know, enter the "git gud" defenders, but the fact is its a problem and clear liability when Seris can blind fire heals via peaking out from cover for 1/10 of a second.
3. He doesn't really have a great escape option. Yes, theres the dash, but its pales to Seris invisibililty which literally gets her completely out of peril for precious seconds. (and I don't mean to keep bringing Seris up, and I know others will probably pipe in to disagree with me, but I personally just find it factual that she is pretty much a much more effective hero overall, carries a far smaller skill requirement, and I just don't see the "balance" where Mal'Damba would be a better choice in virtually any situation when a team needs a support)

I find he has two problems.

1. His best heal (the flask toss) requires smart teammates who actually stand in the heal zone to get healed up- but so many are ignorant of this. He can be a beast for holding a zone though if people are actually aware of how his stuff works
2. His single target heal seams to require precision aim. Unlike, say, Seris, whose direct heals autoaim to anyone in the closest vicinity of your crosshair, Mal'Damba's seems to require you to actually have your crosshair right on the recipient when you fire off the heal, and will whiff if you "miss". I know, enter the "git gud" defenders, but the fact is its a problem and clear liability when Seris can blind fire heals via peaking out from cover for 1/10 of a second.
3. He doesn't really have a great escape option. Yes, theres the dash, but its pales to Seris invisibililty which literally gets her completely out of peril for precious seconds. (and I don't mean to keep bringing Seris up, and I know others will probably pipe in to disagree with me, but I personally just find it factual that she is pretty much a much more effective hero overall, carries a far smaller skill requirement, and I just don't see the "balance" where Mal'Damba would be a better choice in virtually any situation when a team needs a support)
Yeah I’m kinda noticing that there probably isn’t much reason to pick him over someone like Seris or Furia, and even Grover and Grohk as well after their buffs.

I've decided that more than anything the way in which this and Overwatch are most similar is in how stupid some of the players are. I was dead and just watched our tank walk off the point in overtime at 3-3 in siege to chase down a koga. For the second match in a row. I'd rather play with bots.

I've decided that more than anything the way in which this and Overwatch are most similar is in how stupid some of the players are. I was dead and just watched our tank walk off the point in overtime at 3-3 in siege to chase down a koga. For the second match in a row. I'd rather play with bots.
pretty much this

Yeah, nothing worse than something like this, or literally watching your team mates standing there at a distance taking pot shotswhile the other team is openly moving the payload onto their own base for the win. Don't even try to stop that thing moving- if even for a few seconds. Its like, I don't care if someone dies trying to play defense, but so many don't even TRY. Its crazy how so many play this seemingly more worried about their K/D than anything else. They shouldn't even display a death count with the endgame stats, as it doesn't really mean squat in Siege or Ranked.

I'm on switch how can I play with a friend that has the Xbox version or is crossplay not yet available I did a Google search and ddidnd find anything recent on the subject

I'm on switch how can I play with a friend that has the Xbox version or is crossplay not yet available I did a Google search and ddidnd find anything recent on the subject
I don't think you can invite players into your party cross platform yet. But for regular matchmaking it should be automatic, and if an Xbox player is in your game you'll an X icon next to their name if you check the scoreboard.

The Goddess Lian deal is back again

Goddess Lian
2 Diamond Chests
5 Gold Chests
200 Crystals

$4.99

I just wish I still had something decent to get out of the diamond chests, all that's left is Madame Seris, Prosperous Makoa, and that blue horse.

So finally picked up a Battle Pass. I was trying to decide between it and unlocking all the characters and the Battle Pass seemed like a better idea. I know a few I want to unlock from playing a few on an earlier rotation on PC (Playing the Switch version more) . Having more rewards does seem to be helping me play more at the moment. That was one of the big annoyances I was having. I like the setup for Paladins's BP more then Fortnites. Where you have to complete the challenges with Fortnite I just simply have to play with Paladins.

They just confirmed that Skye rework is basically finished and that it will be released soon.
They also said that it's a visual rework, they are not changing her kit.

Oh no. I'm a jerk. I was playing (Switch) terribly, and I wanted to find Sorry in the menus, and in my haste I accidentally selected Need Healing. I banning myself:(

Popped on to play a few games, of course it's still nothing but Koga.

I always love how these Kogas get 20+ kills then you bring up their profiles and their overall KDA is like 1.3 lol. But sure "EvilMojo," there's nothing wrong with the character.

HiRez needs to start balancing Console & PC separately. Koga is a huge issue on console because of auto aim, but on PC? Not so much, Koga players have to put way more effort than holding the left stick and fire button in.

Honestly this game will bottom out hard if they don't do something about Koga on console. Nobody is going to put up with this shit for an extended period of time, not with so many other games to play.

The devs are dropping the ball hard.

Ash is pretty fun to play. Wasn't feeling her at all until suddenly something clicked and I'm knocking people off the sides, taking out other Ash with ease. I think my issue was I was playing her like Zarya from Overwatch since they seem similar at first glance. Nope. That was a mistake. You can be pretty damn aggressive with Ash but you gotta pick your battles and know when to drop that shield. Sometimes I drop it and just move and let others use it while I move another direction. Didn't dawn on me to do that. What I realized is while she's a Frontline she's not actually a tank and that shield only last for so long and is easy to get around. Knowing when to fall back seems pretty important but I think that's for all the characters. I misunderstood her ultimate when I was just playing against her until I read it and I think others I've encountered were actually using it wrong as well.

I love Ash's new "Vasquez" skin. I want it but doubt I'll have enough crystals before it disappears.
It's decent. I went ahead and got it because I was at 18/20 for that chest and ended up getting it on my first roll. Nice design, good sound effects, and the voice pack ain't too bad either.

---

Bought that $4.99 Lian deal and got Prosperous Makoa instead of Gr0bot from the diamond chest and that makes me sad.

any tips on the challenge of getting 160k damage in one game? I assume Tyra is the easiest?
Personally, I'd use Lian or Vivian. With Lian I'd use her talent that makes her slide hit all enemies within view, and a card loadout where both auto-aim abilities feed back into each other. With Vivian, I'd go full shield destroyer. Sapping rounds + wrecker versus any Frontlines. If you're lucky you'll face off against someone with a lot of high-health shields you can farm damage from.

Personally, I'd use Lian or Vivian. With Lian I'd use her talent that makes her slide hit all enemies within view, and a card loadout where both auto-aim abilities feed back into each other. With Vivian, I'd go full shield destroyer. Sapping rounds + wrecker versus any Frontlines. If you're lucky you'll face off against someone with a lot of high-health shields you can farm damage from.
I like Lian but I am not good at getting lots of points with her. Haven't tried Vivian yet.

The easiest way to do it is to queue for an onslaught bot match and pick Vivian with a infinite ammo build.

If you can get a solo queue on Magistrates Archive, you'll probably get it.

*Remember shield and deployable damage counts.

Queue with Vivian, pray for Barik and Makoa and go all out on their shields. I got the 220k damage challenge that way.

Edit: I did it against players. I didn't knew It could be against bots!? That must be the easier way to do the penta kill one!