Path of Exile 3.0+ |OT| To Oriath, Xbox Live, and Beyond

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Yea always use the Vorici method for off coloring armor pieces with 4 max sockets. Its so much cheaper since you get a lot of Jewelers orbs playing the game and sellinf 6 socket items.

Its good even for off coloring 6 sockets if you need 5 sockets off color.

Why RF characters do not use Cremation?
It seems like perfect skill for bosses and delve for RF.

--------
I'm leveling RF character and did small experiment and i'm putting all loot i pick up into separate stash.
This is what i've got after 39 levels while leveling and doing some delves to slightly level or get to currency nodes:

Last edited:
Why RF characters do not use Cremation?
It seems like perfect skill for bosses and delve for RF.

--------
I'm leveling RF character and did small experiment and i'm putting all loot i pick up into separate stash.
This is what i've got after 39 levels while leveling and doing some delves to slightly level or get to currency nodes:

Cremation does flat fire damage so you're gonna negate Elemental Equilibrium which is pretty huge for RF.

Usually RF adds Scorching Ray for extra single target since it doesn't hit and won't trigger EE
Yeah it's so weird using Scorching Ray (and RF itself ofc) knowing that while it's technically doing fire damage, it's damage over time and not hitting so it doesn't proc EE. Stuff like this is why the game confuses a lot of people.

Cremation does flat fire damage so you're gonna negate Elemental Equilibrium which is pretty huge for RF.
Usually RF adds Scorching Ray for extra single target since it doesn't hit and won't trigger EE
Yeah it's so weird using Scorching Ray (and RF itself ofc) knowing that while it's technically doing fire damage, it's damage over time and not hitting so it doesn't proc EE. Stuff like this is why the game confuses a lot of people.
Guys, the thing is that Cremation does not proc EE :) Nor the vulcano part, nor the fire based damage corpse explosion.
I tested that yesterday :) and was also surprised ;p

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
You guys know what else is confusing?

+ level to bow affixes on weapon don't count as attack mods for Master crafting (hence why you can scum +3 bow levels with Catarina mod).

However, for Fossil crafting they do count as attack mods.

Good ol' GGG consistency!

Jumping back in this league and good to see they haven't fixed lab instability, crashed 3 times trying to complete cruel lab now :V

Also when playing in autopilot, my first reaction on clicking a vein is to flame dash away haha. Years of strongboxes ingrained now.

I am unhappy how the arc witch plays in delve :(

Flamedash and Shield charge are nearly unworkable for darkness exploration and my damage is mostly done while standing still.

Thx for all the advice! i beat Innocence? i believe its name was. I also beat Kitava, who seemed to be easier than the other boss so now i'm in Act 6. I'm trying to respec to get like that Jug build but have run out Respec points. I gather i get them from side quests?

I also really don't enjoy the currency in this game. All the different orb's i need to just be able to get one Orb of fusing is a mess. I must have tried 20 fusings on that 4 link and the best i could get is a 3 link so i guess i'll have to live with that. I wish it had a system like in Torchlight 2 where u could have a pet or something sell ur stuff for u. It's a pain portaling back and forth to the town to sell stuff.

It's a fun game, just could do with some QOL improvements imo

I also really don't enjoy the currency in this game. All the different orb's i need to just be able to get one Orb of fusing is a mess. I must have tried 20 fusings on that 4 link and the best i could get is a 3 link so i guess i'll have to live with that. I wish it had a system like in Torchlight 2 where u could have a pet or something sell ur stuff for u. It's a pain portaling back and forth to the town to sell stuff.

There are masters and Vorici in particular gives you an option to 4 link an item for 5 fusings.
Selling remotely like in torchlight would not work as in end game you will be doing maps where you have only 6 portals, so the amount of stuff you can carry out from there is limited by design.

Early on it's better to use gear that already has the links you need. Find items with a 4L and use essences/alchs/chaos to craft decent stats. Links are much more important than stats for your main slot (usually armor). You can make up for non-optimal stats on your chest with helmets, boots, rings, etc.

Eventually getting a 4L is trivial and you're more worried about 5 and 6 links. Many builds start with a Tabula Rasa (if SSF farming divination cards for said item) for a cheap 6L (with no stats).

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Thx for all the advice! i beat Innocence? i believe its name was. I also beat Kitava, who seemed to be easier than the other boss so now i'm in Act 6. I'm trying to respec to get like that Jug build but have run out Respec points. I gather i get them from side quests?

Don't nuke your currency trying to get fusings lol. Just use what you have and keep progressing. Try to complete Vorici's missions to level him up then you can get this Artisan bench which forces 4 link for a set fusing price. It's usually not that hard to get a 4 link, usually it takes less than 10 fusings.

Since you are in act 6, you need your resistances high up otherwise you are going to get eaten up. Killing Kitava put you at -30% resistances so you need to get that up to snuff.

And if you are continuously having to go back to town to sell stuff then you are picking up too much junk. Just pick up items that take up small space in inventory (like currency items although eventually you want to stop picking up the common currency items like scroll of wisdoms and transmutation orbs).

Early on it's better to use gear that already has the links you need. Find items with a 4L and use essences/alchs/chaos to craft decent stats. Links are much more important than stats for your main slot (usually armor). You can make up for non-optimal stats on your chest with helmets, boots, rings, etc.

Eventually getting a 4L is trivial and you're more worried about 5 and 6 links. Many builds start with a Tabula Rasa (if SSF farming divination cards for said item) for a cheap 6L (with no stats).
Ok,i'll just look for items that have the links. Havent found any yet.

Don't nuke your currency trying to get fusings lol. Just use what you have and keep progressing. Try to complete Vorici's missions to level him up then you can get this Artisan bench which forces 4 link for a set fusing price. It's usually not that hard to get a 4 link, usually it takes less than 10 fusings.

Since you are in act 6, you need your resistances high up otherwise you are going to get eaten up. Killing Kitava put you at -30% resistances so you need to get that up to snuff.

And if you are continuously having to go back to town to sell stuff then you are picking up too much junk. Just pick up items that take up small space in inventory (like currency items although eventually you want to stop picking up the common currency items like scroll of wisdoms and transmutation orbs).
I've just been picking up the blue and yellow items. I thought i would need the currency? so i just stop picking up even Yellow items?
I found that Axe that was listed in the Jug build and want to use that, but i already put some into the Maces skill part. I believe its the Kauri Chopper. Is it worth it to use that even thought i dont have any passives in Axes?

yeah get a loot filter if you don't have one already
Ok i had no idea stuff like that existed, thx!

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Never pick up Blues (unless it has sockets you actually need) pick up Rares that you can actually use. Like for example for you its ok to pick up gloves/helmets/boots that have armor base because that means they are strength oriented. You can pick up generally most rings, amulets and belts (specifially Leather and Rustic Sash).

Also please get the Neversink loot filter. It highlights stuff you should pick up at your level and make sounds for you.

You can spec out of the Mace nodes, the small ones aren't a big damage upgrade anyway. You can still use the Axe weapon though.

just out of curiosity are echoing shrines a lot more common than they used to be a year or so ago or am I just having flat out ridiculous rng with them?

found 5 of them already this league

Frankfurt completely died on me a couple hours ago. It fell over so hard I had to disconnect manually.
Went to Milan instead, but then that started lagging too, because all the Frankfurt people poured into the adjacent realms.

Patience will make you a ton of money, don't worry
Live search is the best way to save and make currency
How can you make money with live search? unless you mean looking for some sad souls who seriously undersell their loot.

Also, buying maps is a lesson in patience. takes sometimes 20 to 30 tries before someone replies.

How can you make money with live search? unless you mean looking for some sad souls who seriously undersell their loot.

Also, buying maps is a lesson in patience. takes sometimes 20 to 30 tries before someone replies.
Just saving money when you want to buy something in particular like a expensive unique

I barely bought map this league, just farm and use zana's new mods to complete your atlas, only buy ones to get to the next extra sextant when you're close

Do you mean the mod who randomly opens a different map of the same tier for 1c? that's too random for me. or is there a better mod later? My Zana is only 5. And she only gives 1 map per tier along the main questline.

Yes the alternate map is great for completing the atlas. Better this than spend an hour buying maps for a chaos
It can help fill in some of the missing ones for sure but it's pretty terrible when you're down to one or two maps left in that tier, plus you're wasting a chaos each timing doing this. Haven't spent more than maybe 5 mins finding the maps I need on trade, people just need to stop trying to buy from the top of the list.

Do you mean the mod who randomly opens a different map of the same tier for 1c? that's too random for me. or is there a better mod later? My Zana is only 5. And she only gives 1 map per tier along the main questline.
Also don't forget about the map vendor recipe where you can sell 3 of one map for a map in the next tier. If you have a lot, maybe one or two you're missing can be found this way.

One team actually broke 1000 Delve depth already! Curious to see if a team can hit the 3000 cap.
Congrats to that team. That’s insane!

Anyone have an opinion on CA vs Toxic Rain for endgame? I’m actually running CA with TR on swap, but wondering if I shouldn’t mess with my items as I get ready to (finally) start mapping.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Congrats!

Anyone have an opinion on CA vs Toxic Rain for endgame? I’m actually running CA with TR on swap, but wondering if I shouldn’t mess with my items as I get ready to (finally) start mapping.
DoT build or Poison build?

I think in general Toxic Rain has higher scaling potential in the late game. Better for Poison too since it hits multiple times. Mostly because the pods DoT actually stacks on top of each other so that's really powerful. Note that you need to hit the opponent with 7 pods for it to start beating out CA.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Judging by high level Delves, it seems that unlike Diablo 3 the gating is actually higher damage from the monsters rather than their HP. You can kill them in reasonable time even in the 1000s but at that point they can essentially one shot you pretty easily if you don't have high enough defenses. Also a ton of incoming physical damage so better be careful about that.

Pretty happy with my choice to go Molten Strike Scion with Slayer + Pathfinder. Seems like I can attain the league goal of 600 Delve depth. I just need to spec more defensively for that depth, like Enfeeble curse instead of Flammability most likely with 2-3 defensive flasks (already use one which is Granite flask).

Seems like the following stuff is good for SOLO delving (group delving is a completely different beast):

*Curses are very strong but you need to dodge the affixes that reduce your curse effectiveness by a ton if you build a curse type of character like Occultist.
*Enemies do in fact attack -% to resistances so you can't just rely on Pathfinder Flask cheese. You may need to avoid these affixes.
*Crowd control is king in higher delves especially freezing monsters.
*Corpse explosion mechanics are very deadly in delves so make sure you get a build that consumes corpses like Hemophilia gloves, Inpulsa or just shatter in general.
*High physical mitigation is very needed for higher delves but so is higher max elemental resistances. So you may want to invest in high level Purities or Loreweave.
*Choose skills that hit around you like Molten Strike, Earthquake etc.
*Don't ignore secondary defenses like Blinding, evasion, dodges, blocks etc. they are very strong in delve.

If I was going to reroll a character then I would try for a 10+ Endurance charge Juggernaut build, Occultist build or a build that freezes enemies.

Lot of grind today, advanced a ton on the atlas and good money made. Got to 75% xp of level 94 but took 2 stupid deaths on a carcass map. Double boss with 100% extra lightning damage is shit. Oh and the stupid fuckin hedgehogs monster that one shot you on death because they're in huge packs.

Delve is very grindy, the sulphite farming is painful :/