Path of Exile 3.0+ |OT| To Oriath, Xbox Live, and Beyond

Any of you have experience with the Bubonic Trail boots from liches? I just got a 2 Abyssal pair from my first lich encounter in Delve and have never used them before. Was considering using them instead of selling on my Arc totem build specifically for delving; the most annoying part so far has been the wetas that explode, and I'm wondering if Death Walk from the boots would prevent them from blowing up. I'm also sure I could get good damage out of the 2 Abyssal sockets given how good crafting is right now.

You want to use Frostbite instead. When you're doing elemental damage, lowering/penetrating resistances will generally give you the biggest damage boost.

The only advantage you get from Vulnerability right now is the slowing from Maim. Not worth it over what Frostbite would give you.
LOL you should be using Frostbite not Vulnerability. And in any case, the curse is going to be lowered by a really high amount when fighting Guardians/Shapers anyway. But Frostbite against packs of enemies is really buff and of course really strong in Delves.
I'm running dual curse on hit, warlord's + assassin's for leech and charges. Switching to enfeeble for bosses so need one more red curse, just leech from warlord's is meh. The best option would be temp chains but it's green, so that leaves either punishment or vulnerabillity lol.

OMG that was easiest elder (yellow tier) I've done in any league. I'm so hyped, my spectre/golem combo build seems to be working really well. And there is still plenty of room to improve. I'm missing both 6-links and primordial might. My rings suck and I haven't done uber lab yet.

puh, finally got my last trial in the maps and could do uber lab.
Didn't die, yay. And had the twice lucky proph, yay. Both enchants were awful...
Sounds about right. In the 2 years I've been playing this pretty consistently, still have yet to hit an enchant that I wanted on a helmet. But I keep trying. Luckily the potential loot in the chests helps to keep me from giving up entirely.

Sounds about right. In the 2 years I've been playing this pretty consistently, still have yet to hit an enchant that I wanted on a helmet. But I keep trying. Luckily the potential loot in the chests helps to keep me from giving up entirely.
And then you see an "arc chains 2 times more" or such other awesome enchants on crappy gear for 2ex...

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
I'm running dual curse on hit, warlord's + assassin's for leech and charges. Switching to enfeeble for bosses so need one more red curse, just leech from warlord's is meh. The best option would be temp chains but it's green, so that leaves either punishment or vulnerabillity lol.
Just replace Warlords mark entirely with Frostbite so you have Frostbite plus A Mark or Frostbite plus Enfeeble. If you are playing Frostblades you should have Touch of Anguish and thus can get leech from the Claw nodes. Then just use Enduring Cry for Endurance Charges. Warlords Mark kinda meh unless you absolutely need the leech to sustain yourself.

Also link to the profile or PoB pastebin so we can help out better. Dual curse on Frostblades is unusal due to the travel time needed unless you got plus one curse on inventory.

Last edited:
Just replace Warlords mark entirely with Frostbite so you have Frostbite plus A Mark or Frostbite plus Enfeeble. If you are playing Frostblades you should have Touch of Anguish and thus can get leech from the Claw nodes. Then just use Enduring Cry for Endurance Charges. Warlords Mark kinda meh unless you absolutely need the leech to sustain yourself.

Also link to the profile or PoB pastebin so we can help out better. Dual curse on Frostblades is unusal due to the travel time needed unless you got plus one curse on inventory.
I'll try that, thanks. Yeah, I got +1 with Windscream.
The skill tree but it's probably hopeless anyway:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscr...Is5FHkaulG6dXtP-2D7g7vDu968kH2SPaj-AL5Y_xL_ro

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Certainly an unusual Frostblade build using Gladiator rather than Champion/Pathfinder/Raider.

So before I talk about the skill tree (there isn't anything too wrong with the skill tree aside from minor stuff considering your ascendancy), you should know how the Frostblade skill works:

*Frostblade has two components. A melee strike and a projectile strike. They scale differently.

*The melee attack is what makes up most of the single target however, if you invest in melee damage too much then you will be neglecting the projectile portion which will nerf your AOE clear. Likewise, if you invest too much in the projectiles portion of it then you neglect the melee portion which nerfs your single target damage.

*This means that the best way to scale Frostblades is to invest in Attack speed, Crit, Elemental damage and Cold damage. This will scale both of your components.

Going back to the tree, I notice that you aren't Resolute Technique and you aren't scaling any Critical damage. You are missing out on a lot of damage that way. Furthermore, you aren't getting the Elemental penetration nodes on the right side of the tree. You are missing stuff like Fangs of Frost, Primeval Force and Force of Nature. And it's easy to see why, you are prioritizing defense with shields and getting a lot of life nodes over damage so of course Frostblade isn't going to do that much damage (it already isn't even that strong of a single target skill so it needs all the damage it can get). Here's how you can adjust it to squeeze out some more damage and then slotting in a Diamond Flask if you don't already have it:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscr...q5c_nVOnV6hjtP-2D7g7vDu-P9kj3MvgC-WP9bv66_94=

The way I generally build Frostblade is to get as much life and then attack speed/elemental damage/crit/penetration on tree as much as I can. On the 6 link I get Frost Blade - Ice Bite OR Added Cold damage - Hypothermia - Cold Penetration - Weapon Elemental Attack - Multistrike or if I am low on Crit chance then I swap one of the gems like Hypothermia for Critical Strike chance. I use generally the same flasks, items and skill tree on all 3 of the Ascendancies I play, here is a Pastebin if you want to check it out for yourself (I have killed Shaper with this and this was before the Intimidate gloves).

https://pastebin.com/EqxXfMEm

Notes:

*I generate Power Charges with Orb of Storm + Power Charge on Crit against bosses (with curse on hit Frost Bite) and while mapping I generate power charges with Herald of Ice + Assassins Mark Curse on hit set up also attached with Onslaught for Onslaught while mapping.
*Depending on what you are lacking penetration or crit, use that for your 6th link. For this pastebin, I have a ton of penetration all around so Crit is more for damage for me.
*Frost Bomb debuff, Ancestral Protector, Lightning golem (on cast on damage taken set up).
*Whirling Blade with Fortify.
*Point Blank is for the projectile portion of Frost Blade for giving me powerful clear so I need less hits to kill packs. This is completely not necessary but you can feel the difference.
*Pandemonius is not mandatory of course and it's an expensive item to get. Most rare amulets would be fine as long as you get elemental damage, critical damage multiplier for damage and life of course.
*Most of the rolls on the gear are average middle of the road (like tier 4-5) but that's generally what you want to strive for. This is like midrange budget, not cheap but not expensive either.
*For Raider/Pathfinder the skill tree is mostly the same, just remove the Attack speed nodes at start of Duelist and spec more into Frenzy nodes for Raider. Main difference gear wise is that you need to get either Belt of Deceiver or Tombfists for Intimidate, Tombfists 2 socket version is obviously best in slot. You will have to remove two gems for it, most likely you can remove Onslaught gem and move curse set up to damage taken (so you get Frost Bite when you get hit as thats when you need it most).
*Flasks are Life flask (you need it for Champion if you want to proc Adrenaline), Bismuth for penetration, Diamond flask for more crit, Atrizi flask for chaos resistance and more damage/leech and a Taste of Hate for luxury flask although you can get something like a defensive flask here (Granite, Stibnite, Basalt etc). I get Bleed removal on Life flask, Curse removal on Diamond and Freeze removal on my defensive flask.
*There are more crit chance nodes you can get on the tree as well as generic one hander nodes at the cost of life nodes, up to your playstyle. I prefer having around 200% increased life nodes on tree round about.

This is definitely a softcore version of Frostblades.

Finally got to try this league tonight. I really like it so just gonna do a gladiator Sunder for a while to get some currency built up and then do something else. Not sure yet plus I play on Xbox so it's a different world out there

Watched some of ZiggyD's YT videos and some of the twitch stream

The delve fossil farming is insane. The items you can craft from this are really powerful. I especially like the (max) 30% Quality you can craft with a perfect fossil. It also counts as an alchemy orb.
So you get: 15-30% Quality map with rare modifiers.
Also you can use the perfect fossil by itself to get 30% scour if needs be then do a 3 fossil craft from there.

That's how someone got a 30% koams heart. Perfect fossil scour, chance, scour, chance etc

haha apparently since the gilded fossil is an Implicit mod duping it with the fractured fossil keeps the sell price

meaning if you're lucky enough to hit the mirror shards(~1/23k) then with enough fractured fossils you can literally make infinite mirrors for about 12 ex each right now

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Much appreciated. If shaper isn't much harder than t16 bosses I could try harassing him for half an hour lol.
Shaper is actually easier than Guardians problem is that he has sort of a DPS check wherr he eventually engulfs the entire area with Vortexes. You need more DPS than normal to take him down. The fight is also pretty long where you need to kill like 4 tier 15 bosses, the kill Shaper in 3 phases.

haha apparently since the gilded fossil is an Implicit mod duping it with the fractured fossil keeps the sell price

meaning if you're lucky enough to hit the mirror shards(~1/23k) then with enough fractured fossils you can literally make infinite mirrors for about 12 ex each right now
I saw that. So basically fractured fossil price should quadruple or mirror is about to become a lot cheaper!

Looks like some more balance changes coming next week. Really glad they're doing a shared mine between multiple characters... Funny how they're fixing the Quarry farming, I guess their approach will work.

PoE Site

Last edited:
Excellent changes! I especially like the shared between characters thing, this prevent me having to farm all that sulphite again to get to point where I was before. Sulphite affected by +quant% is nice too.

I'm glad they're changing this. My 2nd character is much better suited to delving, but I barely delved with him because I already have a much deeper mine on my first character.

I don't understand how they didn't see this coming.

i'll just be glad to see the quarry thing end,the more time goes by the more I feel forced to do it occasionally just because of how ridiculously better for sulphite it is than other options which is just incredibly boring and bad design

i'm not expecting high tier maps to be quite as good as quarry currently is but if it can get even somewhat close i'll be happy

I’ve found 3 liches this league after finding zero in Abyss. 2 socket Bubonic Trail, 2 socket Tombfist, 1 socket Lightpoacher. Also had 2 raw Exalted drops the other day, and my crafted Shaper chest turned out... pretty good (only 80 life but got both 1.5 spell crit and +1 active skill gems). My luck has been pretty up there this league already.

Where do you get so many fusings? I need to 6L my bow.
either he buys from players or transforms from jewellers in a 4 to 1 ratio. You can go from portal scroll all the way to fusings with clarissa in act 3. But I didn't check if it is more economical to trade with players. Jeweller to Fusion is always more economical through Clarissa (unless someone is undercutting) but i don't know about all the way through portal scrolls

Traders take jewel to fuse ratio into account, you won't save money buying jewellers and turning them into fuses at vendor.

You can save money once a day with vorici 6 who sells 20 fuses for 64 jewellers

I'm stupid at this what reasonator would you use to do that?

Traders take jewel to fuse ratio into account, you won't save money buying jewellers and turning them into fuses at vendor.

You can save money once a day with vorici 6 who sells 20 fuses for 64 jewellers
You should actually always check, especially towards the start of the league. For the first couple weeks now you would be losing money buying fusing directly for chaos because of the higher than amount of jeweller's in the market (you were typically losing about 1 fusing per 10 chaos). It's only just starting to equalize.

You should actually always check, especially towards the start of the league. For the first couple weeks now you would be losing money buying fusing directly for chaos because of the higher than amount of jeweller's in the market (you were typically losing about 1 fusing per 10 chaos). It's only just starting to equalize.
Yeah I guess but there should be enough flippers to make sure that nothing gets out of control

From a grand total of 2 vaal outposts at depth 280 :

Some good shit lol

Didn't they say in the current patch that they fixed it so that when someone invites you, if they're not the leader, it would show the invite from them instead of the leader like it has been? Because it's still not working like it should.

Or am I remembering wrong and it's a fix coming later?

One issue with Inpulsa: I had to kill sound or it was unplayable. I have this strange sound bug where my game shudders after specific sounds (sometimes the loot sound, sometimes the kill sound or the sound when specific monsters spawn)
With Inpulsa it got unplayable because the explosion sounds seem to trigger the freezes. When there are over 20 or 30 mobs in an area that die simultaneously because of the explosion, my game will freeze for up to 3 seconds.

So I changed my poe startparameter from
--noasync (because of disconnects between zone changes)
to --nosound
Game is smooth as fuck now. Also my initial start of the game shortens from a minute to a few seconds. And the transition from one zone to another from 30 seconds to 10 seconds. And the freeze of a new player entering my hideout from 3 seconds to none

Hell if I know why the sound is the issue. Changed my GPU from an AMD 280x to a nv 1060 last week (overheating issues on the 280x) and it didn't affect the issue.

Man this league is the fucking tits. 3 vaal outposts. Don't forget to rush depth 270+ asap lol

Yay bisco's collar from the void card, this keeps getting better lol

Last edited:
Finally Level 91.

When someone says that they have 400k dps, which metric are they using?
On my Arc tooltip it says 35k dps (buffed, non-combat) in-combat I can get it up to 50 to 70k. But I don't know how I could get it up to 400k (with the same build and gear prerequisites)

They're usually using Path of Building with the proper configuration (flasks up, enemies affected by X, have power charges, close to enemy, Shaper resistances, etc.) to come up with those.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Finally Level 91.

When someone says that they have 400k dps, which metric are they using?
On my Arc tooltip it says 35k dps (buffed, non-combat) in-combat I can get it up to 50 to 70k. But I don't know how I could get it up to 400k (with the same build and gear prerequisites)
Probably Path of Building DPS. Though there are a lot of stipulations for that.

Is that Shaper DPS? What type of combat buffs do they have up? Are flasks up?

Tentative patch notes for the next update planned for the end of this week.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2222134

Some highlights:

• Your Azurite Mine is now shared between all characters in the same league on your account. The deepest mine in that league is used as this shared one.
  • End-game Sulphite acquisition and costs have been rebalanced. You now find a lot more Sulphite in maps (especially higher maps) but the cost of travel within deep Delves has been increased proportionally also. The primary effect of this is that players are encouraged to play the highest map content that they can.
  • Map Item Quantity mods now affect Sulphite gain. This encourages players to play the hardest map content that they can.
  • The highest four Sulphite Capacity upgrades have been rebalanced around the new values (the largest is now 30k rather than 5k).
  • Sulphite costs have been capped at 2000 Sulphite per segment (which occurs at depth 955).
  • Entering the Azurite Mine from your Hideout now creates a portal that party members can use.
  • Entering the Azurite Mine from the Mine Encampment now creates a portal that party members can use.
  • You can now return to your Hideout by interacting with the Crawler after entering the Azurite Mine from your Hideout.
  • Fixed a bug which prevented selecting a new encounter node to travel to after completing a Delve encounter.

Last edited: