Path of Exile 3.0+ |OT| To Oriath, Xbox Live, and Beyond

I'm lagging behind in Delve: I'm already at T12 maps (monster level 79) but I'm only at monster lvl 74 in Delve. Sulphite gain buff in higher maps will help me catch up! I'm glad they changed it to work this way.

I checked my character in Path of Building, it is 145k combat dps.

But I still have to 6 link the inpulsa (currently 5-link) and get most of the gems to level 21.

And Ramapage is crazy. I have a belt that grants Rampage and 1% magic find for every 15 Rampage kills. I got to over 1000 one time on Delve. Don't know how much damage the rampage skills like bladefury and the red laser aoe does, but seems like a lot.
Still have issues with single target DPS.

Ziggy did a Perendus Manor Gambling session with 7 Perendus maps on Tuesday.
He got 2 Zerphi's last breath (16Ex each) and 3 Seven league steps (1.7Ex each)

The price of the map doubled overnight. From 160 chaos to 270 chaos

uh I thought they were upping the sulfate capacity and not just the requirement per node? Still at 650 capacity but each node cost like 200--350 now instead of around 100.

Getting 150-200+ per map now but if I only get enough to do one delve it seems like more pointless busy work to go back and forth after every map/delve. esp with this tiny sulphate capacity cap.

I'm only on yellow but I'm more worried about the cap not going up apparently. if I can only hold 650 sulphate and say red maps give 500, that a lot of back and forth trips. do 1 map, 1 delve, etc.

I like saving up and doing 3-5 in a row.

I'm only on yellow but I'm more worried about the cap not going up apparently. if I can only hold 650 sulphate and say red maps give 500, that a lot of back and forth trips. do 1 map, 1 delve, etc.

I like saving up and doing 3-5 in a row.
Why don't you raise the cap yourself? I think the cap to 1250 cost 2000 azurite and the cap to 2500 cost 5000. certainly doable if it wasn't upped.
Yeah the capacity went up. I was at the previous cap of 5k and logging in it went up to 30k. Just have to buy the upgrades from the Voltaxic Generator.

But man oh man did they swing too strong in this change. Takes a lot of red mapping now to pay the costs of running the deep (200+) delves and ppl are not happy about it.

Well they're fixing it.... yet again.

Today we deployed 3.4.3, which contained some large changes to how Sulphite is acquired and how Delves are costed.

Our model (based on live gameplay data) showed that the changes in 3.4.3 would result in 25% more Delving for the average player who was playing at a given tier of maps.

The place where this breaks down is for players whose map base is insufficient for the depth they are playing at. We were assuming that players were playing at approximately the equivalent depth in the mine that corresponded to the same difficulty in the atlas.

Community feedback so far suggests that we were wrong about this.

Because of our use of an exponential curve, a difference in just a couple of tiers of maps has a very large difference in Sulphite gain, and this means that if you can't sustain Tier 16 maps, you will have a vastly different amount of Sulphite than someone who can.

In order to address this, we are reducing the ramp of Sulphite during maps, and we are changing the curve from exponential to linear. This means, for example, that the difference between someone sustaining Tier 16 maps and someone sustaining Tier 12 is much, much lower than before.

The largest capacity upgrade is now 18,000 Sulphite (vs 30,000 before), to give you an example of the new scaling. If you have more than 18k Sulphite at the time the patch is deployed, it'll be capped to 18k.

The best way to gain sulphite is still Tier 16 maps, but someone playing at lower tiers will still get a reasonable amount of Sulphite as well.

At the same time, we are still retaining the thing we wanted to actually fix, which is that maps are a lot more rewarding than non-maps for progressing in Delve.

These changes will be deployed today.
More here.

It seems like players would LIVE in delve if that was possible. It's that fun. I think sulphite cost is a way for GGG to keep maps still relevant. I doubt they will do any drastic easing of delve running any time soon.

Yeah I imagine if they wanted people to be in the mines on a more consistent basis, they'd have to tweak the loot because right now there's so much to get and all the fossils, etc. sell damn fast. I love it.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Holy crap lol, a friend linked this to me today. Most hilariously accurate review I've ever seen about this game.

I love me some POE. But my friends are always frustrated with me because I don't want to follow builds as its not as fun for me.

actually got something good from a gambler set
Very nice.

Just looking for some pointers since you got a good windripper seutp.

1. You got a lot a of quantity gear on, what kind of maps are you running? If high maps where is the damage coming from jewels?

2. What's a good amulet for someone not depending on a bisco collar for mf windripper?

Very nice.

Just looking for some pointers since you got a good windripper seutp.

1. You got a lot a of quantity gear on, what kind of maps are you running? If high maps where is the damage coming from jewels?

2. What's a good amulet for someone not depending on a bisco collar for mf windripper?
first of all i'm kinda learning this stuff myself as I go along(haven't played this game at all since a year or so ago before this league,first bow build and first time using mf gear other than a bisco)

i've been mostly running a mixture of burial chambers,maps to spread influence and spawn red elder(and killing the guardians/elder on an rf character I started the league with),t15/16 maps,and ~270-300ish depth delves

I can clear all those things really fast at this point but have survivability issues for things like bosses and cities in delve(straight up get 1 shot in those on occasion even sticking around 270-300ish depth) i'd like to push down deeper in delves on this character but need to get more survivability for that which my plans for at the moment involve getting life on all my jewels and adding more with a gear swap of bubonics/tombfist

as for the damage a lot comes from jewels yeah,I have 5 abyss jewels counting the one in my belt each providing ~70 flat elemental damage,plus a fair bit of flat damage from both the windripper and my amulet and of course the auras

as far as amulets go a shaped ones definitely the way to go,can get 10% quant(which I think is a bit better than Bisco's overall post nerf?) plus other useful stuff like flat damage,% damage,life,resists etc

can get super expensive in a hurry with useful mods on top of the quant though,mine cost me 10 ex and it's not even that good(has some decent damage but no life or resist rolls,although it did have a suffix free for a craft)

I've already met two liches in this league, which is twice the number I've met them in all previous leagues combined. And I met them in consecutive abyssal depths. I feel weird.

I'm hitting a wall with my build. I need to upgrade my gear, but that's easier said than done. Getting a +3 bow is rough because fossils are so expensive (the rare one I need in the magma biome), and getting a 6L chest is LOL nope.

I'm hitting a wall with my build. I need to upgrade my gear, but that's easier said than done. Getting a +3 bow is rough because fossils are so expensive (the rare one I need in the magma biome), and getting a 6L chest is LOL nope.
6L rare chest is actually pretty cheap. Get the celestial justicar card set, get a ilvl80 6L astral plate, fossil craft with life and elemental fossils. Should cost <2ex for a really good chest (I used one 2x fossil craft and got 70 total res, 120 life, 5% max life).

You can also look for corrupted 6L chests. There's a good chance you'll find one with life and resists for pretty cheap. My first character is still wearing one. Paid around 30c for it, if I remember correctly.

Take white sockets into account if you don't find anything fitting your colours.

---

Completely unrelated, but I've been looking at some old videos from Kripp just for nostalgia's sake. It's adorable how he's showing off the awesome power of Spork totems in Fellshrine. Good times:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnvGqpOSxTI&t=480

Last edited:
well that went well,was just going for the atlas completion

edit: and then I get a 34 to 130 added to attacks vinktars completing that map lol,still not worth a massive amount but added attacks is the best one and its literally 1 min damage off perfect

Last edited:
grats for the 16 ex or so.

I just added an SSD to my PC and changed POE to it.
Man, this is heaven! Loading times nearly instant instead of a minute on startup and up to half a minute on changing maps.
The graphic freezes on sound are also history, I have no longer stutters.

Man, I am really happy.

Delve Harbinger.

Good god. I've been throwing myself at this i83 runed cavern for an hour. I'm gonna have to roll some flask just for this...

Man, this is impossible. But it's the only Runed Cavern I have found so far. orz

Finally made it. No good drops, but the thing was worth 5% XP (at level 94). Those damned bubble obelisks are a real pain.

Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
  • Using a Fractured Fossil to mirror an item with the "Item sells for much more to vendors" implicit modifier now generates a new vendor sell price on the Mirrored copy.
Well it was fun while it lasted I guess.

Well the taxi service being killed certainly sucks but I guess it's great for those who already took advantage. Would be nice if they could increase the boss rates...

I am on the verge of burning out, but it was the longest and most involved PoE Season I ever played.
I was there the other day. Decided to create my 4th and final char for the league and got it up to 72 right now. Just a simple double strike build as I've never done one I liked before. Going good but I dont see myself playing beyond the next week, it's my usual few weeks before I move on to other games.

I've been taking it nice and slow, just reached T16 maps. Had a really nice day too, two guardian map drops, diviners box in t16 map, and a +130% quant t15 map with double beyond, sextants and sacrifice fragment x3 that dropped all kinds of good stuff many times worth of investment. Also got last memory fragment, first time I've ever managed that \o/

I'm only at lvl 200 delve though. I still have much to do there. I don't see myself burning out on this league any time soon.

Since rampage doesn't affect minions in any way I replaced Bisco's Leash with Cyclopean Coil and I'm pretty happy with ignite and shock immunity it gave me.