Path of Exile 3.0+ |OT| To Oriath, Xbox Live, and Beyond

Hall of grandmasters is such a fucking garbage map. Used all my portals on a single RF/SR monster, he just didn't take damage and would kill me in 2s. Btw I'm RF SR too, so I have like 92% fire res.

Hall of grandmasters is such a fucking garbage map. Used all my portals on a single RF/SR monster, he just didn't take damage and would kill me in 2s. Btw I'm RF SR too, so I have like 92% fire res.
It's def a rough/impossible map if you arent using specific builds, don't forget you can use Frost Bomb to lower their life regen, really helps with some of them that have just insane recovery.

Just had the worst fucking death imaginable; Act 8 Sewers, cleared a mob, get distracted while checking off a gem, meanwhile I get a corrupted blood tick out of fucking nowhere and my immortal call doesn't act up, so I die in less than 2 seconds because I was dumb enough to sit on a mob cloud; fml

Had some awesome shit on me as well, rip

Last edited:
On-death and post-death effects are often more dangerous than the mobs themselves. Fuck those mechanics, but then what else could possibly challenge a fast and strong build without turning into a major roadblock for anything else? :/

On-death and post-death effects are often more dangerous than the mobs themselves. Fuck those mechanics, but then what else could possibly challenge a fast and strong build without turning into a major roadblock for anything else? :/
Yup. That recent video on reddit of the guy who died (to the laser) after the abyss boss was killed was a perfect example of this crap. But as you said, it's pretty much what they have to do now to keep some challenge in there. I still hate it, seems so cheap.

I would never attempt Hardcore without using corpse destruction mechanics.
Same here, but the bit I bolded.

Too much instakill bullshit piled on with server instability, lag induced by certain mechanics (inpulsa), invincibility phases where bosses don't realize they're dead until another 15 seconds have passed, and general connection issues (sometimes instances just have 80+ latency with spikes).

This game is too spiky with damage and has just enough bullshit to where I'll never bother with HC.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Gluttony and a bunch of other invulnerability/negation mechanics as expected especially due to Flask abuse.

Also feel like Mana Guardian giving the party 20K Energy shield is over the top but at those high level it doesn't matter as much.