PC Racing Sims |OT|

Only spent a couple of hours with ACC, still struggling to get the car to do what I want it to do. Lap times are shit... I feel so naked without VR. :(

Oh thank god. I think I found the reason why I’ve just never been able to get into AC. I need some sort of default setup as a starting point.
There is a mod/app for AC that you might want to checkout, it allows you to download other players setups directly into the game.
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/the-setup-market.10149/

Just had a email from Kunos pr dept, probably doesn't apply to most here (as we all seem to have it already) but got a ACC key to giveaway.

Going to do it on my twitch channel tomorrow evening. :)

ACC hotfix patch-notes:

- fixed AI remaining without fuel
- fixed crash caused by faulty recognition of T500 Gear Shifter
- fixed time loop after midnight
- added starter and ignition command on Controller Page
- fixed car lights not working when opponents visibility video option is used
- fixed backfires and other particles visible on hidden cars when opponents visibility video option is used
- fixed misleading option values with AA and visible opponents
- fixed marshal spline detection
- expanded camera FOV and frame rate limits
- visual and LOD tweaks to the Lamborghini Huracán GT3
- disabled saving the discord username for in build configuration
- slightly increased the retry-interval after a disconnect from the servers
- added proximityIndicatorsVisible setting to hud.json
- fixed music looping in some conditions
- tweaked volume for reverb zones

Good to know that Kunos are putting out patches/fixes, and not just waiting for the main scheduled content updates.

Still stuck at 1:59 times, guess I just suck at it. But at least sucking is fun now!
Managed a low 1:58 earlier, I'm still making too many mistakes for a clean lap, so plenty more time left on the table. ;)

A LOT of folks in this community don't seem to know or care what early access means. Look at the EA days of AC and then look at the finished product.
Haven't really looked at the forums, but it seems the internet is a lot more toxic now than it was AC launched its first EA (which would have seemed like an impossible statement back then... but here we are). I can only imagine the shit they're taking now.

I think it goes into the category of not caring, it’s just a good opportunity for them to shit on something and proclaim their favourite Sim is still the best.
This is basically what it comes down to. A lot of people are butt-hurt over there's currently being no mod support for this title or don't like GT racing so they really want it to fail.

Haven't really looked at the forums, but it seems the internet is a lot more toxic now than it was AC launched its first EA (which would have seemed like an impossible statement back then... but here we are). I can only imagine the shit they're taking now.
I felt most people are pretty factual right now on the ACC forum. Some are disappointed with certain aspects, but I haven't seen anyone attacking Kunos; actually I haven't even seen any real blaming on them.
When Aris announced the hotfix for the FFB today and people tried it and it was much better for many of them, he got a lot of thanks and likes right away.

Compare that to what SMS were getting. Well, populating their PC2 forums with objecting-and-countering-every-argument fan-bot moderators sure didn't help.

I felt most people are pretty factual right now on the ACC forum. Some are disappointed with certain aspects, but I haven't seen anyone attacking Kunos; actually I haven't even seen any real blaming on them.
When Aris announced the hotfix for the FFB today and people tried it and it was much better for many of them, he got a lot of thanks and likes right away.

Compare that to what SMS were getting. Well, populating their PC2 forums with objecting-and-countering-every-argument fan-bot moderators sure didn't help.
That's nice to know.

For ACC (posted on the MXGP Pro Steam forums).

All Milestones UE4 games have been a blurry mess so far, with Gravel being the least blurry, but still blurry to an extent.
This happens because of TAA anti aliasing which is a great anti aliasing to get rid of jaggies, but blurs the image quality, which is why most devs add a Sharpening filter in the graphics options of their UE4 games, something Milestone dont do ofcourse lol.

Anyway follow these instructions, and thank me later lol -

Go to:

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

and edit:
Engine.ini

Put this in file below everything else-

[ConsoleVariables]
r.TemporalAACatmullRom=1
r.TemporalAAPauseCorrect=1
r.TemporalAASamples=4
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=2

You need TAA set to 'High' ingame for this to work properly.

Does that command work on ACC TJP?

As for times, sitting on a mid '57 atm, around 450th on the leaderboards.
Did find attacking the course rewards you with a better time rather than taking the measured approach. :)

Hi mate.

It should work just fine as all the latest Milestone games use UE4 and this tip is directly from the 2nd last game Milestone released. Georg from Sector 3 posted the tip via his Twitter account.
Interesting, will back up the file and try this once I can be arsed to get out of bed. :D

For ACC (posted on the MXGP Pro Steam forums).

All Milestones UE4 games have been a blurry mess so far, with Gravel being the least blurry, but still blurry to an extent.
This happens because of TAA anti aliasing which is a great anti aliasing to get rid of jaggies, but blurs the image quality, which is why most devs add a Sharpening filter in the graphics options of their UE4 games, something Milestone dont do ofcourse lol.

Anyway follow these instructions, and thank me later lol -

Go to:

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

and edit:
Engine.ini

Put this in file below everything else-

[ConsoleVariables]
r.TemporalAACatmullRom=1
r.TemporalAAPauseCorrect=1
r.TemporalAASamples=4
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=2

You need TAA set to 'High' ingame for this to work properly.
So that's where UE4 hides its config files. This is a great post. Thanks!

I think I'm going to experiment with Redout and VR with this. You don't happen to know the max value for sharpen, do you?

3 is the max value although the warning is that 3 may be too much sharpening.
Yeah. I'm just curious to check it out. Because UE blurriness is a lot worse when in VR. So in this particular instance, it's worth checking out just to see if VR benefits or not.

Should be noted I'm talking about the demo. Cause as cool as I think Redout is (Wipeout meets F-Zero), it's just so ugly in VR. I've never been able to get myself to buy the full game because of this.

Some people aren't bothered by UE's blurriness in VR, but it just kills the illusion for me. That's why I was happy to see your earlier post. I've never been able to figure out where these pesky configs were hidden. Or that there was a sharpen settings you could add. For some reason, Reshade only sharpens the image on my monitor, and not the image outputted to Redout.

So that's where UE4 hides its config files. This is a great post. Thanks!

I think I'm going to experiment with Redout and VR with this. You don't happen to know the max value for sharpen, do you?

"Sharpening in the tonemapper (not for ES2), actual implementation is work in progress, clamped at 10
0: off(default)
0.5: half strength
1: full strength"

Testing it in ACC right now and it does make a visible difference, will upload a vid soon.

The PC gaming wiki has a shed load of hints and tips for UE4 games.

Don't be aurpsurpr if number of working fixes from other UE4 releases can be applied to ACC. SMAA works in Hellblade for example.

Will the track and car additions for RF2 be free?
Cars free. Nordschleife, absolutely not.

Meh. There are six road circuits missing from my iRacing stable, one of which is Nordschleife. There are four road circuits missing from my R3E stable, one of which is Nordschleife. And there's only one track I'm missing from AC, yes, the Nordschleife. Might be the first piece of rF2 content I skip on.

Also, where is Mascot ?

Cars free. Nordschleife, absolutely not.

Meh. There are six road circuits missing from my iRacing stable, one of which is Nordschleife. There are four road circuits missing from my R3E stable, one of which is Nordschleife. And there's only one track I'm missing from AC, yes, the Nordschleife. Might be the first piece of rF2 content I skip on.

Even if you don't like the Nordschleife, these laser scanned versions are a sight to behold. You gotta have at least one!

The rF2 one should be mad. Day/night+rain+sebring quality laser scan+Sudschleife+80 cars. HNNG

Is the rF2 Nurburgring laser scan the same one bought by Kunos, Sector 3 et al which is now out of date as the track has been resurfaced is places or did S397 redo the entire track themselves?

The owners of the Green Hell laser scanned their track and first sold the data to Kunos and subsequent developers over the years. Smart investment on their behalf.

Last edited:
More rF2 news from the expo:

• The historical Nürburgring Südschleife has also been licensed but Marrs has asked the community whether to go down this route & if so to provide information about the track/layout members may have collected over the years.
  • Down-shift protection is a coming feature
  • Better clouds are in the works (somehow linked to the announcement tomorrow)
  • UI predicted for Christmas 2018 - Q1 2019
  • All future rF2 content will be fully licensed content
  • Tatuus cars development: Graphics/Models around 50% & Physics around 75% progress
  • In cockpit dash features have been promised to be implemented (to an extent)
Taken from the s397 forums!

Is the rF2 Nurburgring laser scan the same one bought by Kunis, Sector 3 et al which is now out of date as the track has been resurfaced is places or did S397 redo the entire track themselves?

The owners of the Green Hell laser scanned their track and first sold the data to Kunos and subsequent developers over the years. Smart investment on their behalf.
Listening to the stream, it's an updated 2018 scan for sure, but it doesn't seem as they did it themselves. "We're the first (people) to actually use this data" Marcel says. Perhaps it's the same situation as before, which yeah, was a stroke of genius.

Last edited: