PC Racing Sims |OT|

I like Chris' channel a lot, I think he's my favourite content creator.

I finally buckled and ordered an Oculus Rift. I've been waiting since July for them to go on sale, with the ultimate aim of picking one up cheap during Black Friday sales. I haven't seen them on sale over these past few months and got tired of waiting, so ones on the way. Hopefully it'll be here mid week.

I like Chris' channel a lot, I think he's my favourite content creator.

I finally buckled and ordered an Oculus Rift. I've been waiting since July for them to go on sale, with the ultimate aim of picking one up cheap during Black Friday sales. I haven't seen them on sale over these past few months and got tired of waiting, so ones on the way. Hopefully it'll be here mid week.
Welcome aboard the VR train.

What comes next is endless agonising over potential computer upgrades...

Speaking of VR, where is Mascot these days? I hope he doesn't feel chased away because of the whole 45fps discussion that went on, would be a great shame :(

Seems appropriate..
Love the colour palette of iRacing
Yeh I love his content. If I hadn't already decided on the 488 GT3 challenge then that video would have persuaded me!

Welcome aboard the VR train.

What comes next is endless agonising over potential computer upgrades...

Speaking of VR, where is Mascot these days? I hope he doesn't feel chased away because of the whole 45fps discussion that went on, would be a great shame :(
Coincidentally, I messaged him on Racedepartment a few hours ago, asking what had happened to his participation here. No reply yet though.

Coincidentally, I messaged him on Racedepartment a few hours ago, asking what had happened to his participation here. No reply yet though.
That would be bloody sad if Mascot has left. No need to be arguing over subjective stuff.

marvelharvey - any ideas on the rain and water reflection settings in rF2?

I don't see any difference between the Low presets and Ultra presets. I do know the ultra rain reflection settings adds reflection blurring to objects generated for wet road and heat mirages but buggered if I can see the difference.

marvelharvey - any ideas on the rain and water reflection settings in rF2?

I don't see any difference between the Low presets and Ultra presets. I do know the ultra rain reflection settings adds reflection blurring to objects generated for wet road and heat mirages but buggered if I can see the difference.
Despite my love for wet weather driving, I've shelved it in rF2, while I'm waiting for
-Low grip on the racing line in rain
-Aquaplaning
-Rain AI improvements (not just the driving, but the pitstop strategy. It's easy to win LMP2/GTE races with a GTE, because the AI keep pitting at the slightest change in weather. 4 or 5 stops vs my 1. Marcel "The AI is fine as is" Offerman really needs to play his own game sometimes)

So err, that's me in a very roundabout way saying that I stopped wet weather racing a while back and have no idea what the settings should be sadly.

Despite my love for wet weather driving, I've shelved it in rF2, while I'm waiting for
-Low grip on the racing line in rain
-Aquaplaning
-Rain AI improvements (not just the driving, but the pitstop strategy. It's easy to win LMP2/GTE races with a GTE, because the AI keep pitting at the slightest change in weather. 4 or 5 stops vs my 1. Marcel "The AI is fine as is" Offerman really needs to play his own game sometimes)

So err, that's me in a very roundabout way saying that I stopped wet weather racing a while back and have no idea what the settings should be sadly.
I'd ask for an answer on the official forums but I've found questions result in either an arguement rather than an answer, a snide drive-by comment or an off topic discussion about the merits of rF2 versus every other sim.

Marcel does need to play his sim and get more QA testers on board. I was informed by Reiza when I applied to be a tester of the Reiza DLC pack they had 2 weeks to test before the pack was released; I think it's been 5-6 weeks since that PM!

Thanks for replying either way; at least you're still playing rF2! I'm finding my enthusiasm for simracing waning; even ACC bores me after a few laps.

GHG I have a 1070 8GB/16GB/i7 setup so I'm hoping things will run pretty well and I'll be able to avoid upgrades for a couple years. I'm pretty excited.

I too wonder what happened to Mascot. I hope he comes back.

rF2 September Roadmap: https://www.studio-397.com/2018/10/roadmap-update-september-2018/

Expo talk, new shaders and lighting, two new tracks - Nurburgring (DLC) and Botniaring (Free), UI update and Competition news.

I wrote and rewrote a ton of essay-length replies, all agreeing with you in some way, but I couldn't quite nail what I wanted to say. So this is all you get ;)
Ha! All good. I wasn't looking for an 'Aww shucks' response from the forum - it actually felt liberating posting the comment.

I've noticed in some VR Racing videos that the image is also displayed on a screen. Is it possible to have the image full screen as if I was playing on the monitor, but also in the headset? I was thinking it'd be fun to let my friends who aren't competent on a sim wear the headset and experience some laps at speed in VR while I'm driving.

I've noticed in some VR Racing videos that the image is also displayed on a screen. Is it possible to have the image full screen as if I was playing on the monitor, but also in the headset? I was thinking it'd be fun to let my friends who aren't competent on a sim wear the headset and experience some laps at speed in VR while I'm driving.
Yes, but the method of mirroring your VR on the monitor it's game dependent. Which game are you driving?

rF2 September Roadmap: https://www.studio-397.com/2018/10/roadmap-update-september-2018/

Expo talk, new shaders and lighting, two new tracks - Nurburgring (DLC) and Botniaring (Free), UI update and Competition news.
Always nice to hear of new free stuff.
Ha! All good. I wasn't looking for an 'Aww shucks' response from the forum - it actually felt liberating posting the comment.
Now that I've slept, I can summarise the three points I was trying to make:

1) I think it's only the cost of my rig that keeps my regularly sim-racing.
2) Over the next few months, ACC, rF2 and iRacing will have substantial changes and I kinda don't want to play them too much now, knowing that most of my issues will be fixed in the future.
3) I find that knowing what is coming in the future makes my play games less, for the reason above. And due to me having limited knowledge of what is coming in R3E, it's my most played sim at the moment.

Oh sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you just wanted to mirror the headset. If you want to show a fixed camera on the monitor, I'm not sure if that's possible.
I'm OK with only mirroring the headset, I just meant that it'd be ideal if it was a fixed view on the monitor so I could drive a normal lap and they could look all around and explore without affecting my driving.