Persona Community Thread |OT| Welcome To The Velvet Room

Persona Q2 looks incredibly promising.

PQ was already a great, albeit somewhat flawed experience. If they can tighten the balance, it could end up being one of the best Persona games.

PQ2 is very exciting, but I can't help but think about how thin they'll stretch the characters' personalities/interactions since they're stuffing another full cast (and protagonist) in there this time around.

It'll still be fun to have your dream parties and all that, but we're probably gonna get the "Meat!" and "Protein powder!" kinda thing jacked up to the max, huh

Plan on finally playing Q soon. What’s wrong with it?
To add to what everyone else has said, here's how risky mode (the highest difficulty) is different from hard mode:

1. If your MC dies, it's game over (normally you only get a game over if everyone dies)
  2. You can't run from FOE encounters
  3. After selecting risky, you can't switch to any other difficulty later on

Everything else is exactly the same, so I don't think risky is worth it at all. If you're used to the DS Etrian games or the 3DS Etrian games on expert mode, hard/risky will also feel a little easy after the first dungeon, even without spamming Hama/Mudo.

FYI, the English VA for Makoto, Cherami Leigh, is voicing the female V protagonist in Cyberpunk 2077.

I couldn't even tell it was her during the gameplay demo. A few of her lines sounded off, but she's a great VA so I'm confident she'll sound better in the final game.

Definitely gonna make my MC look like Makoto or maybe A2 if possible.

I couldn't even tell it was her during the gameplay demo. A few of her lines sounded off, but she's a great VA so I'm confident she'll sound better in the final game.
In all fairness there were plenty of concerns here about her performance in P5 before launch, so by that metric she'll probably be great.

In all fairness there were plenty of concerns here about her performance in P5 before launch, so by that metric she'll probably be great.
Yeah, I was one of those people, actually. I was skeptical about the entire dub cast at first, which was pretty silly of me since P3 and 4 had fantastic dubs. Cherami Leigh, Max Mittelman, and Robbie Daymond ended up being the standouts in the P5 cast for me personally

Getting back in to Cross Tag Battle. Forgot how much fun this was. Though again makes me wish I was any good at Aigis. Ah well I’m doing alright with Labrys at least.

Though doing to story makes me hope if there’s a sequel the Persona 5 characters make it in somehow. Like it just feels like Morgana has to meet Jubei at some point. He’s a talking cat that’s like the most badass character in his home series and married a beautiful human women. Dude would be Mona’s idol.

I do have faith in Leigh, but it's not the same kind of situation. The Persona trailers were a bunch of audio clips taken out of context and without proper sound mixing, so there was never any chance that they would be a perfect indicator of what to expect from P5. The Cyberpunk demo, on the other-hand, is in-engine and has a lot more context. I just hope the clips were from a while ago and that they've since gone back over them.

https://pq2.jp/bokosuka/

Random AOA generator. Press the green button to get your all out attack

I tried seeing if there's a way to rip the AOA portraits, but sadly, it seems that they put the stitched image together server-side.

I’m returning to Persona Q. I only finished the first dungeon. I mainly stopped because it’s so hard to pick characters to use. I know I should use the two MCs. What about afterward? Who are considered the best? I was thinking Akihiko, Kanji, and maybe Naoto.

About how long would a playthrough of 5 take, skipping all dialogue and cutscenes and having max social stats? I don't think I'll be able to manage maxing my last few confidants on this first playthrough, and I'd really like to make a NG+ as quick as possible.

Just completed P5. Fantastic game, of course, although it did start to drag near the end. They definitely could have trimmed and condensed a lot of dialog or relegated it to non-main story paths. I'm tempted to
go into NG+ to complete the compendium but it's too much of a grind either way, be that wading through a ton of dialog prompts to get to days where I can abuse the Reaper glitch (seems like a hassle), or do it honestly in Mementos for another 100 hours

The design of the personas, and the almost puzzle-like combat system was a definite highlight. The overall artwork and aesthetics are incredible, especially fantastic attention to detail like changing the combat UI palette at
different levels of Mementos
As a first Persona game, I'm definitely a fan now and will play any titles like this or SMT if they ever come to PS4.

It's essentially a heartfelt letter to young people who are struggling with the transition into adulthood, and I thought
the very end of the cinematic after the credits with protag looking directly at the camera was the developer's way of saying: This game was made for you, we remember how you feel, now go out there and make the world what you want to be
which was incredibly touching even as an adult.

Oh, looks like the anime will tackle Shinya's story. Not that I find it interesting, but I'm glad they're taking the time to do the other Confidants. Well... he's the first one, I think. I hope they do Iwai's and Takemi's as well.

Has anything been said about the length of the anime? Because on myanimelist it still doesn't have an episode count.
It's definitely going to be more than 25 episodes. Unless the twist that they've been talking about is that they fail in executing their plan and we don't reach the seventh Palace.

tbh subjects standing out from the background is a virtue most of the time. But the bg looks disturbingly composited lol
Yeah, I know they're supposed to stand out since they are the subject, but the way they stand out here is just really jarring? Like, if you do it right, the subject will stand out from the background but not look like some completely different thing, if that makes any sense. The background here looks like it belongs somewhere else.

I had seen a comment on Reddit floating this possibility last week with audio proof. I'm guessing the voice clips used to compare were enough for BTVA, though without any official confirmation (either from Graves herself or anybody else who worked on the dub) it still feels kinda speculative.
I mean, I don't think this is the kind of thing we'll ever have confirmation on. It's either make a pretty reasonable conclusion based on audio and work history, or nothing. It is possible that this could prove wrong, but the possibility seems pretty slim to me.