Persona Community Thread |OT| Welcome To The Velvet Room

Oct 27, 2017
Persona 5 the Animation cover for a magazine.

(Is he poking the mask?)
Also I’m just now seeing that his tie totally has Loki’s pattern.

Oct 27, 2017
New Adult Confidant AU comic I thought was funny. Some spoilers. Sojiro and someone else discover their main universe counterparts.

I love that AU Shido is just slowly becoming Monoma.

Oct 25, 2017
Are we allowed to talk about manga that hasn't been released in English on this site?

Because I want to write a big diatribe about how the manga adaptation of Persona 1 is amazing in every way and is probably the single best work to carry the name Persona.

Oct 28, 2017
Are we allowed to talk about manga that hasn't been released in English on this site?

Because I want to write a big diatribe about how the manga adaptation of Persona 1 is amazing in every way and is probably the single best work to carry the name Persona.
Persona 1 has a manga!?

Oct 27, 2017
You know I wonder if Joker is ever going to bring up how different his Velvet Room setup is from Yu and the Makoto’s.

Im also wondering about potential interactions between the Velvet Siblings involving the Twins.

Oct 26, 2017
Finished Persona Q. Really enjoyed it. Can’t wait for the sequel! The movie theme has a ton of potential.

The story actually turned out super interesting. The truth about
Rei was heartbreaking
and the performance by Ashly Burch was amazing.

Last edited:
Finished Persona Q. Really enjoyed it. Can’t wait for the sequel! The movie theme has a ton of potential.

The story actually turned out super interesting. The truth about
Rei was heartbreaking
and the performance by Ashly Butch was amazing.
It's the best spinoff in my eyes. I'll always love Arena for introducing me to fighting games, but Q is the best overall package of the 3 spinoffs

Without a doubt. Not much on fighting games though, nor Rhythm games.

Also wow the final boss theme and bonus boss themes were both amazing. Love this.

https://youtu.be/DRZ-_SiCpug
You want to listen to the outtakes versions of FRIENDS and FOE, they add a 2nd verse to them and they're fucking GREAT! Konishi did such a great job with the OST that I hope he's the one taking over for Meguro on P6

Oct 26, 2017
I knew Hashino did but I didn’t think that meant Meguro wouldn’t compose for Persona in the future. That sucks but the composer for Q did a great job so I’m not THAT worried.

Oct 25, 2017
Him, Soejima and Hashino have moved on from Persona Team into Studio 0. They're working on Re:Fantasy.
To be specific, Hashino is the head of Studio Zero, but Soejima is still part of the P Studio based "Atlus Artwork Team" (he surely helped the others with PQ2, and we know he did for P3D/P5D) and Meguro is a member of the general "Atlus Sound Team", which is why he still contributes to games like Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux. They'll both still likely work on Persona 6.

To be specific, Hashino is the head of Studio Zero, but Soejima is still part of the P Studio based "Atlus Artwork Team" (he surely helped the others with PQ2, and we know he did for P3D/P5D) and Meguro is a member of the general "Atlus Sound Team", which is why he still contributes to games like Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux. They'll both still likely work on Persona 6.
I stand corrected. I thought they founded their own "branch" so to speak

Oct 25, 2017
I stand corrected. I thought they founded their own "branch" so to speak
Yeah, you can actually see it on the Studio Zero website: http://rpg.jp/

"Katsura Hashino - Studio Zero"
"Shigenori Soejima - Atlus Artwork Team"
"Shoji Meguro - Atlus Sound Team"

That distinction is important regarding their roles at Atlus. But Soejima and Meguro will both obviously have a significant role on Project Re Fantasy, so it'll naturally impact whatever other work they would otherwise have during its active development period.

Oct 30, 2017
You want to listen to the outtakes versions of FRIENDS and FOE, they add a 2nd verse to them and they're fucking GREAT! Konishi did such a great job with the OST that I hope he's the one taking over for Meguro on P6

That's my first time hearing these arrangements and they are awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Nov 10, 2017
PQ2 plot time

So far we know there are four dungeons:

-Kamoshida superhero movie
-Dinosaurs movie
- Robot/futuristic/sci-fi movie
-The happy/cute movie (I don't know how to describe this one lol)
If anyone sees the fifth one which I assume will be the final one please say so (I'm sure we saw Q's fifth dungeon in one of the PVs)

From what we understand, the Phantom Thieves are the first to arrive in the lobby, and looking at how similar those kind of scenes are:
I'd say there's a cutscene of them sitting each time they're about to enter to a movie for the first time.

Anyways, it seems the PT enter the movie first given the first picture

We've seen each member of each group in every movie (there's also the cutscene with FeMC appearing for the first time and Chie getting excited to watch the Kamoshida movie) so it doesn't seem to be the case like in Q where they only join for the boss fight. But if they do team-up, why are P4MC and Joker fighting in the dinosaur world?

Oct 25, 2017
We've seen each member of each group in every movie (there's also the cutscene with FeMC appearing for the first time and Chie getting excited to watch the Kamoshida movie) so it doesn't seem to be the case like in Q where they only join for the boss fight. But if they do team-up, why are P4MC and Joker fighting in the dinosaur world?
That clip could be from the opening movie rather than any ingame event.

Oct 27, 2017
So new drawings from Scruffyturtles Adult confidant AU. A look at Kaoru who’s Iwae’s dad in this setting and our first glimpse of the very last phantom thief.
Apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

Oct 27, 2017
So Famitsu has some more details about Q2’s opening. It’s just the Phantom Thieves at first and they meet FeMC first in the first movie world.

Also apparently Haru and Makoto are separated from the group and left in the movie world at one point.

Oct 31, 2017
So Famitsu has some more details about Q2’s opening. It’s just the Phantom Thieves at first and they meet FeMC first in the first movie world.
We've seen a couple of those shots, which I'm very excited for, but my biggest fear is they're going to strictly follow the canon of the first game, and make FeMC a complete stranger to everyone. If she knows the P3 crew, but none of them know who she is... that's going to hurt.

Oct 27, 2017
We've seen a couple of those shots, which I'm very excited for, but my biggest fear is they're going to strictly follow the canon of the first game, and make FeMC a complete stranger to everyone. If she knows the P3 crew, but none of them know who she is... that's going to hurt.
Considering she’s put into her own category it’s pretty clear that SEES is from Bluekoto’s world.