Persona Community Thread |OT| Welcome To The Velvet Room

We've seen a couple of those shots, which I'm very excited for, but my biggest fear is they're going to strictly follow the canon of the first game, and make FeMC a complete stranger to everyone. If she knows the P3 crew, but none of them know who she is... that's going to hurt.
That's pretty much certain. I just hope they move past that before too long.

Funyarinpa

Self-Requested Ban
We've seen a couple of those shots, which I'm very excited for, but my biggest fear is they're going to strictly follow the canon of the first game, and make FeMC a complete stranger to everyone. If she knows the P3 crew, but none of them know who she is... that's going to hurt.
Aw that'd be sad :c

but counterpoint: maybe FeMC will have a unique role in the story! :D

Yukiko PQ2 trailer, also shows off her team attack with Yusuke.
Lot of similarities between the two when you look at it. Traditional Japanese upbringing, odd sense of humor and thinking process, popular with the opposite gender, say "I am thou" when casting spells, have a funny moment with lobsters.

Last edited:
I looked it up. It's from filler.
Oh so that’s probably why I don’t remember hearing it. Thanks.

Yo I just started Tokyo Xanadu on PC and this shit seems very Persona. I'm really liking it. Haven't done any fighting yet, mostly just reading text lol but it's got some fantastic music and seems likeit has many characters with small stories to flesh out (which I guess shouldn't surprise me as I've heard similar things about Trails of Cold Steel and I think it's the same studio).

I came back to P4G after more than a year of not playing it. Loved it when I first started but had to give up on it due to school, although I did make some decent progress back then.

I just finished Void Quest, that was a cool ass boss fight. Think I'm gonna commit to it now and finish the game, and I was thinking of Persona 5 as well, but I'm not sure I'll have it in me to play it for a while after finishing this game

I came back to P4G after more than a year of not playing it. Loved it when I first started but had to give up on it due to school, although I did make some decent progress back then.

I just finished Void Quest, that was a cool ass boss fight. Think I'm gonna commit to it now and finish the game, and I was thinking of Persona 5 as well, but I'm not sure I'll have it in me to play it for a while after finishing this game
Did you start over or just pick up where you left off?

Did you start over or just pick up where you left off?
I picked off from where I left.
My memory is pretty good when it comes to that kind of stuff, I didn't forget about the story or the characters or the gameplay systems. The only thing I had difficulty with when I came back was trying to rely too much on magic damage in fights, but I switched to physical damage on the MC and it's been going pretty smoothly since.

How are you playing P3? I played p4 on Vita and loved it, still playing P5 and really taking my time with it haha. I dont own the vita anymore but really want to play 1-3. Whats the best way to do that?
You can get P3FES as a PS2 Classic on PS3 while the PS1 version of P2: Eternal Punishment is also on PS3 but only in the US.
P1/P2: Innocent Sin/P3P are only on PSP/Vita.

How are you playing P3? I played p4 on Vita and loved it, still playing P5 and really taking my time with it haha. I dont own the vita anymore but really want to play 1-3. Whats the best way to do that?
P3 is a tough one because you're stuck choosing between P3 FES on PS2 Classics or P3P on PSP. P3P makes huge concessions, removing the entire navigable world outside of dungeons in favor of almost Phoenix Wright-esque environment navigation, but is the only version of the game with the female protagonist and direct control of party members in battle. FES is the more fully realized version of the (male protagonist side) game with an epilogue side story (The Answer) that remains exclusive to that version of the game.

You can get P3FES as a PS2 Classic on PS3 while the PS1 version of P2: Eternal Punishment is also on PS3 but only in the US.
P1/P2: Innocent Sin/P3P are only on PSP/Vita.
P3 is a tough one because you're stuck choosing between P3 FES on PS2 Classics or P3P on PSP. P3P makes huge concessions, removing the entire navigable world outside of dungeons in favor of almost Phoenix Wright-esque environment navigation, but is the only version of the game with the female protagonist and direct control of party members in battle. FES is the more fully realized version of the (male protagonist side) game with an epilogue side story (The Answer) that remains exclusive to that version of the game.
Oh no, so the only way to play them is on PS3/PS2/PSP/Vita? I dont have any of those anymore =( It would be awesome if they released an all in one disk for those games on PS4/Switch/XBOX

Listening to Kinda Funny Games daily this morning and Kat Bailey from US Gamer mentions that she has heard rumours of Persona 3 HD being in development. Obviously that's not a confirmation of any sort, but it adds a little fuel to the fire. It's around the 39 minute mark in this video:

Listening to Kinda Funny Games daily this morning and Kat Bailey from US Gamer mentions that she has heard rumours of Persona 3 HD being in development. Obviously that's not a confirmation of any sort, but it adds a little fuel to the fire.
I mean, after they went through the trouble to model the main cast and many of their environments for P3D it makes sense. I didn't really have any doubt that was what they had in mind.

Oh so that’s probably why I don’t remember hearing it. Thanks.

Yo I just started Tokyo Xanadu on PC and this shit seems very Persona. I'm really liking it. Haven't done any fighting yet, mostly just reading text lol but it's got some fantastic music and seems likeit has many characters with small stories to flesh out (which I guess shouldn't surprise me as I've heard similar things about Trails of Cold Steel and I think it's the same studio).
I started it right after finishing Cold Steel 2 and had to save it for later. The game literally feels like a reskin of CS and gave me so much deja vu that I had to take a break from looking at that graphics engine and animations.

I mean, after they went through the trouble to model the main cast and many of their environments for P3D it makes sense. I didn't really have any doubt that was what they had in mind.
On one hand it does feel like a lot of work just for a dancing game, on the other, they did the same for P4D and that has been out for ages with no hint of a remake, though I guess it would make sense to release the P3 remake first.

On one hand it does feel like a lot of work just for a dancing game, on the other, they did the same for P4D and that has been out for ages with no hint of a remake, though I guess it would make sense to release the P3 remake first.
Though I'm not really jumping on the rumor bandwagon here, it would make sense as to why they havent ported Golden off of the Vita yet.

Listening to Kinda Funny Games daily this morning and Kat Bailey from US Gamer mentions that she has heard rumours of Persona 3 HD being in development. Obviously that's not a confirmation of any sort, but it adds a little fuel to the fire. It's around the 39 minute mark in this video:
This is awesome. Rumor or not its nice to see a little more hope. I want to play all the persona games! Do I need to play PersonaQ1 to understand Q2?

Given that they remade a ton of key areas in P3D, I feel like this wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities. Especially with all the UI assets that are similar to P5. Seems like a lot of effort to put into a rhythm game you can platinum in like 6 hours. When I played the game a few months ago, I was pretty convinced we were going to see a remake.

Especially when it comes to any sort of statement like that regarding Atlus (so not a localization announcement). This is Atlus Japan. They keep things heavily on the down low until an impending reveal.
They don't even announce stuff at events that exist to announce stuff.
Their stuff is soooo special, only their own events are good enough.

It's mildly irritating, but at least it helps manage expectations.

They don't even announce stuff at events that exist to announce stuff.
Their stuff is soooo special, only their own events are good enough.

It's mildly irritating, but at least it helps manage expectations.
I personally have no issue with Atlus announcing stuff at their own events instead of at bigger ones (which they still show up at for more info/media on those games). But I'm also not the type to hype up my expectations for large events that much.

I’m actually a fan of the way they reveal stuff for the Persona series. At this point, whenever they hold a concert, you know games are getting announced.

Is there a US release date on Q2? And should I play Q1 before Q2?
No the localization hasn't been confirmed yet

Well the characters from P3 and P4 will know each other from the plot from Q1 but I wouldn't say it's absolutely necessary. Regardless, you should play it because it's a great game!!!

Is there a US release date on Q2? And should I play Q1 before Q2?
1) No

2) We won't know for sure until the game is out in Japan, however considering the nature of Q1's plot and Q2's premise, I doubt there will be any real connection between them outside of maybe the P3 and 4 casts meeting each other before being referenced.

So PQ2 character knowledge should presumably go like this:

• P3/P4 cast entirely aware of each other.
  • P3 FeMC potentially aware of Yukiko Amagi.
  • P5 cast (notably Futaba) potentially aware of Yukari Takeba.
  • P5 cast (notably Ryuji/Ann/Futaba?) potentially aware of Rise Kujikawa.
  • P5 cast (notably Akechi) potentially aware of Naoto Shirogane.