Playstation Plus (PS+) IGC <US/EU> [OT] The Best Things in Life are *Free

Xcom 2
Just like with jagged alliance in days past. I just cannot deal with the overall game timer ticking down and increasing difficulty.
I cannot reach enemy positions to reduce the alpha threat because I have no contact slots available. I cannot build a comms Station because I don’t have enough power and I cannot build a power station because I am missing supplies. This is going to be tight.
Haven't started it yet. Is the game timer running constantly? Or paused while you're thinking or whatever ?

Xcom 2 continues to eat my breakfast...
I am already at 6 squadies, but missions with timers are wrecking me and even without the timers a robot-launched rocket decimates my team... The enemies hit-rate seems so much higher than mine...
Is it viable to just hunker down a little to wait for some resources to buy some new equipment? I am concerned that the timer will run down on me. The alpha thing is currently at 50%.

Turn based games might just not be for me... Never was successful with them in the past either. Loved Jagged Alliance 2, but never got far with the campaign... :p

I am already at 6 squadies, but missions with timers are wrecking me and even without the timers a robot-launched rocket decimates my team... The enemies hit-rate seems so much higher than mine...
Is it viable to just hunker down a little to wait for some resources to buy some new equipment? I am concerned that the timer will run down on me. The alpha thing is currently at 50%.

Turn based games might just not be for me... Never was successful with them in the past either. Loved Jagged Alliance 2, but never got far with the campaign... :p
I actually finished X-com without many struggle, but X-com 2 is so much harder for me...
I am not good at these kind of games, but this is brutal... lol

I really can't end any of the main mission without at least 1 or 2 team die... I always need to sacrifice someone to end the objective... poor guys... I don't think i will be able to finish this... :(

Are the August titles being revealed today?
Today in theory. But it can happen the next week too, considering August 1 is on Wednesday we'll get Plus titles on August 8.
Anyway I think we could get Kiwami or 0 this time, just to push for Kiwami 2.
I still think Kiwami has a higher chance to appear on Plus, considering it was a budget release and it got a permanent price drop on PSN (well, 0 too, but you can find it for 60€ on stores while Kiwami is going for 30€).

Last edited:

I actually finished X-com without many struggle, but X-com 2 is so much harder for me...
I am not good at these kind of games, but this is brutal... lol

I really can't end any of the main mission without at least 1 or 2 team die... I always need to sacrifice someone to end the objective... poor guys... I don't think i will be able to finish this... :(
haha...same issue as you guys. but i'm enjoying myself still. didn't think i would. i wish there was a simple restart mission option (or am i missing it)?

haha...same issue as you guys. but i'm enjoying myself still. didn't think i would. i wish there was a simple restart mission option (or am i missing it)?
Update.
Finished the game yesterday (on easy of course...).
Actually it was so damn hard because I never upgraded my soldiers... nor armour nor weapons... :\
When I found that I could do it, I was at just 1 point to defeat on the "avatar project", and like in a good action movie, I actually changed the course of the war by starting to win over the aliens, lol.

Also started to get better into the mechanics, but for sure to upgrade equipments and have more soldiers in battle was a game changer... :P

Oh one thing I have to say... Loading times on PS4 are ridicolous... every time I had to reload a save it was a nightmare. Never again.

yeah load times are pretty bad. thats why it kind of frustrates me because i can't tell where the autosaves are it. and why i wanted a restart mission option as sometimes its impossible for me to beat the objectives and i just want to quickly start over

Mafia III and Dead by Daylight...meh. Outside of XCOM 2 (which I already owned), I can't recall the last time there's been a PS+ game I was actually interested in.

Haven't played any of the offerings all year, anyway.

I've been wanting to play Mafia III. I've heard its got a good story. I might dabble in Dead By Daylight and I'll for sure play through Here They Lie.

Good month.

I'm trying Here they Lie and while I like the art, there's nothing more than walking around here and collecting stuff.
The game is very confusing and in some sections I can't find a way to properly pass without being hitten by enemies you can't avoid.

A fellow user over at Elotrolado.net has confirmed that "Laser League" is one of the titles in the October lineup.
This would make sense, game sold like shit and has basically no offline content, so it's the only hope of a second lease of life. I did not find it enjoyable though.

Happy to see that this thread finally made it a month without someone asking when the games would be announced, the day before they're supposed to be announced!