Pokémon Go |OT| Tap those mons!

I have a question: What do you guys use for a Pokemon Go Plus, if at all? Are you using the official one? A bootleg one? Or a go-tcha?

I bought a Go Plus from eBay a few weeks ago for $20. What a deal! But, it came in a nondescript white box and felt a little cheap. Probably a bootleg. Lately, it's been taking a few seconds to find pokemon that are clearly visible on my phone. And today, it didn't pick up any pokemon at all. Perhaps, it's a cheap bootleg.

Anyways, I preordered a Pokeball Plus, so I'll have something official later on. What's the best / most efficient device you've been using?

I got a new phone a few weeks ago and my Go+ refuses to work with it.

I haven't missed it too much (considering the new phone has a lot better battery life) but I do miss out on some catching and spinning.

I have a question: What do you guys use for a Pokemon Go Plus, if at all? Are you using the official one? A bootleg one? Or a go-tcha?

I bought a Go Plus from eBay a few weeks ago for $20. What a deal! But, it came in a nondescript white box and felt a little cheap. Probably a bootleg. Lately, it's been taking a few seconds to find pokemon that are clearly visible on my phone. And today, it didn't pick up any pokemon at all. Perhaps, it's a cheap bootleg.

Anyways, I preordered a Pokeball Plus, so I'll have something official later on. What's the best / most efficient device you've been using?
I feel like the official one doesn't register Pokemon as well as before, probably due to a past update. Before I would constantly click and run out of balls every week. Now I keep stockpiling more balls which I have to throw away. There were always delays at times, but now it takes forever sometimes.

Man, Mewtwo is giving me a really hard time. Yesterday I got 10 premier balls after the raid, I made 10 excellent throws and yet it ran away. Really frustrating :(

man the last pokemon I need for my kanto dex is hypno. ive only ever got one drowzee =/ guess ill be walking him for quite some time.

That sounds pretty annoying
Yeah, they've become pretty rare. Drowzee can hardly be found and is not in any eggs as far as I know. Hypno raids could be an option but people who already have one probably won't care since it's also pretty much useless.
Man I remember the days when Drowzee was more common than pidgey or ratatat in my town.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Yeah, Drowzee is very rare down here in the Southern States. Didn't really have many until 2016 Halloween. I bet you will see plenty again during Halloween this year.

man the last pokemon I need for my kanto dex is hypno. ive only ever got one drowzee =/ guess ill be walking him for quite some time.
I have seen a few during the event but they are quite rare - another suggestion for you is to dump the one you have in a gym and feed him berries to get candy ?

I have seen a few during the event but they are quite rare - another suggestion for you is to dump the one you have in a gym and feed him berries to get candy ?
How big are the chances to get a candy? I got a total 4 so far and I fed a lot of berries. I don't think this is an option. Walking and hoping to find maybe a few during the Kanto event is all you can do I think.

thanks for the advice everyone!
Use this Silph Road Map to find Trainer verified nest. Should hopefully be a Drowzee nest near you.
yeah ive been checking that. sadly the nearest nest is on the other side of the city which is like a 45 min drive. the refresh before that was at a botanical garden about 30 mins away that charges admission lol. hoping its closer on the next refresh.

I average about 5-6 km a day so its only another two weeks of walking worse comes to worse.

when would the Halloween event be? cuz I just got a shiny dratini and I really wanna grind some candy for that guy
There's no need to rush on the Drowzee. Walk what you want, there's always a chance a nest will appear close to you and you can get the candy easily. You've already got one, so no matter what, you can come back and walk it later.

There's no need to rush on the Drowzee. Walk what you want, there's always a chance a nest will appear close to you and you can get the candy easily. You've already got one, so no matter what, you can come back and walk it later.
oh I know. I'd just really like to finish up the kanto dex. after that I'm probably going to give the game a break for awhile.

https://pokemongolive.com/events/community-day/ - Beldum confirmed! I'll update OP later

1/4th Egg Hatching distance. nice
Okay, fuck yeah, this is going to be the best community day since Larvitar.

Hopefully they're kind enough to let me give them money for more storage space by then. The last two community days have been a chore due to storage space, and with egg hatching and Beldum being actually good, this could be much worse.

Okay, fuck yeah, this is going to be the best community day since Larvitar.

Hopefully they're kind enough to let me give them money for more storage space by then. The last two community days have been a chore due to storage space, and with egg hatching and Beldum being actually good, this could be much worse.
Yeah bag space, I’m trying to save weather boosted Kanto Pokémon to transfer to Let’s Go and I’m perpetually 2-4 away from max.

"According to the in-game News for October's Community Day, You can evolve Metang up to one hour after the event to obtain Metagross that know a special move

Was just going to say, the app’s news confirms an extension for evolving. That’s much appreciated.

I’m happy I hatched a new 93 Beldum just the other day so I have a good one heading into the day. Maybe I’ll switch my old Metagross into a psychic attacker since the new moves will supersede the old steel set.

is metagross any good for raids or gyms or anything?
Yeah, he's pretty good. He doesn't match up particularly well against a large portion of the legendary raid bosses so far or the typical gym defenders, but he's got great stats. This should be the most meta-relevant community day besides Tyranitar. Like all the other psuedos, he's tanky enough to also work as a gym defender if need be.

Also, depending on what stats they give Meteor Mash (and if that's even the move), it could potentially hit Rayquazza/Mewtwo/SC Gengar level DPS.

That's awesome because it'll take at least 30 minutes for me to go through all the IVs after community day.
I just check everything as I catch them and star the “wonders” (82+%). Then I just scan the starred ones in Poké Genie, which only only takes a couple minutes.

is shadow claw gengar really that special? i think i have one from my original 2016 pogo phase
It’s like, THE glass canon. Extremely high DPS, but can’t take a hit worth a shit unless it resists it. Useful to take out a lot of health real quick if you’re dealing with a charge move that takes quite a while to unleash or one you can resist long enough to take more than one hit. If it’s a super effective move that hits fairly quickly it’s probably not too useful. It’s like throwing out a Tyranitar against a Focus Blast Mewtwo.

Last edited:
is shadow claw gengar really that special? i think i have one from my original 2016 pogo phase
Also as it’s legacy and not a regular find it’s something people look for - and depending on how many you have already could be a guaranteed lucky Pokemon - people may want to trade something you really want for it ?

Joined up with a friend today to do some pokemon GO together, and I was able to evolve my Haunter that has great IV, into a Gengar. <3 This was after I picked up the Pokemon Center Gengar plush. XD Meanwhile, my friend ended up getting a shiny Magikarp heh.

Ah thanks guys. so moves don't randomize when traded like stats do?

but honestly i can't imagine many things i'd rate above a good gengar. maybe a good chandelure or goomy when their time comes.

Also as it’s legacy and not a regular find it’s something people look for - and depending on how many you have already could be a guaranteed lucky Pokemon - people may want to trade something you really want for it ?
the lucky rules are.... if i've never traded much the first 10 very old (july/august '16) things i trade are guaranteed to be lucky?

edit: oh it's based on the # of luckies i've had. well that's still zero i've traded like once. i guess the few remaining ancient things i have should be hoarded now. well i know my arcanine is that old. not sure what else.

Last edited:
So... I caught a Meltan today and it turned into a Ditto. Have other people's Meltans turned back into them from Ditto forms or are we all waiting or what's going on with that? >_>

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
So... I caught a Meltan today and it turned into a Ditto. Have other people's Meltans turned back into them from Ditto forms or are we all waiting or what's going on with that? >_>
Meltan isn't yet available in the game. This is just a tease.

Meltan is the gift Pokémon that Let's Go sends to GO and can then be sent back to Let's Go