Pokémon Go |OT| Tap those mons!

Man, Mewtwo is giving me a really hard time. Yesterday I got 10 premier balls after the raid, I made 10 excellent throws and yet it ran away. Really frustrating :(
Never throw excellent throws. The Pokemon are like woah look at this bad ass over here he will be back. You want to get the circle to size of great and miss it.

D'oh... no EX raid pass for me. I've only done like 25 raids total (17 legendary), though. I also don't have a gold gym badge for that place, either. That all has something to do with it, right?

Edit:
Though, if this theory is true:
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRo...t_the_latest_bugged_ex_wave_teaches_us_about/

Perhaps Japan hasn't gotten any EX passes yet because of the McDonalds promotion, which ends on October 1st. Or, perhaps more specifically, McDonalds EX passes haven't been given out yet. I haven't noticed any other raids at my McDonalds in town except for the 3pm Mewtwo raid. Perhaps when the 3pm Mewtwo concludes, the one for the next day is scheduled, thus no other raids occur until then.

Additionally, this means that they won't be able to schedule any EX raids at McDonalds (in Japan) until the promotion is complete.

I've been doing the Mewtwo raid at the same McDonalds everyday since the promotion started on Saturday, so I'm hoping for an EX pass. But, we'll see, I guess.

Last edited:
So this morning - they gyms we have in town that have ex raids scheduled had eggs on them for normal raids

This might just be their way of handling eggblocking but could either be something they have planned or something they have messed up

So this morning - they gyms we have in town that have ex raids scheduled had eggs on them for normal raids

This might just be their way of handling eggblocking but could either be something they have planned or something they have messed up
Yeah it appears that they tried to fix regular raids blocking EX invites and EX invites blocking all regular raids for the time between invite and EX raid.

Hopefully those of us with invites don’t show up to a tier 1 raid blocking the EX at raid time.

I was so excited for Deoxys, and I'm sad to see he's essentially just a trophy Pokemon. I can't imagine ever having a benefit to maxing one out when I could just invest in another Mewtwo.

I'm still excited for the EX Raid on 10/1, but not as excited as I would have been if he were actually meta relevant...

Wooo hit 38. Only 3 million to 39. At this rate I'll probably hit 40 by the end of next year probably. My gameplay might stay the same for now, but once winter hits....yeah peace out for a few months

Wooo hit 38. Only 3 million to 39. At this rate I'll probably hit 40 by the end of next year probably. My gameplay might stay the same for now, but once winter hits....yeah peace out for a few months
It's easy to level up with the friend system now, you can easily get to lvl 40 by the end of the year if you add enough friends

Who wants to manage that nightmare of a friend list though? I'm glad when I become best friends with someone since it means I can spend less time gifting each day. What a horrible system.

Pretty bummed about this, was confident they would make things right, but Niantic gonna Niantic.

I still have the fucking icon on my screen, so they have to know who had passes for the cancelled raids.
Same here. That icon seriously isn't going to go away until next month, is it?
Who wants to manage that nightmare of a friend list though? I'm glad when I become best friends with someone since it means I can spend less time gifting each day. What a horrible system.
I'm up to 131 friends and managing pretty fine. It's balanced out by the fact that maybe 15% of the list is consistent in sending/opening gifts; I wouldn't have gotten so many egg hatches done this month if my list were smaller, because I would have run out of gifts to open short of the 20 gift daily limit.

I wish Niantic would fix the ‘use supereffective charged attacks’ research quests so they worked properly. It’s insane that that stuff still doesn’t register properly.

I wish Niantic would fix the ‘use supereffective charged attacks’ research quests so they worked properly. It’s insane that that stuff still doesn’t register properly.
I thought the only broken thing about it was that once you did a super effective that going forward every charge move counted wether it was super effective of not.

I thought the only broken thing about it was that once you did a super effective that going forward every charge move counted wether it was super effective of not.
You have to use a supereffective charged and win a battle, then only each subsequent won battle counts.

You can complete it, no doubt, but it’s annoyingly obtuse, and you can’t accomplish any bit of it by just doing a single battle as you walk.

Do you guys also get push notifications from pokemon go about stuff that isn't even in the game yet as news? I got a notification about a new change to lucky pokemon but there doesn't seem to be anything yet

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Do you guys also get push notifications from pokemon go about stuff that isn't even in the game yet as news? I got a notification about a new change to lucky pokemon but there doesn't seem to be anything yet
That change actually came a couple weeks back
He tends to break the TOS a lot and was offering a selling service, good on Niantic if it was intentional
Yeah in the responses you can see he was doing a Mewtwo selling service

That change actually came a couple weeks back

Yeah in the responses you can see he was doing a Mewtwo selling service
I'm very confused how someone can sell Pokemon in this game according to that for sale sign. The IVs change once the trade happens, so is this guy seriously charging people for more if they get a good one outta the deal? Or if you trade a 100% does it stay 100%,? First I've seen of somebody trading for money which is insane to me.

I'm very confused how someone can sell Pokemon in this game according to that for sale sign. The IVs change once the trade happens, so is this guy seriously charging people for more if they get a good one outta the deal? Or if you trade a 100% does it stay 100%,? First I've seen of somebody trading for money which is insane to me.
Yeah, it doesn't make much sense. Only thing you could do is power them up. I'm sure people would pay for a lvl 40 one even if it gets bad IVs.
Or people really want ones with the legacy move sets. However it is stupid and if it got him banned then it's a good thing imo.

He doesn't trade.

You give him your account and he will do countless raids for you until he gets the IVs you want.

It's against the TOS.

Got invited to an EX raid that didn't end up with cancelled pass shenanigans by someone I regularly meet at raids. Still would have preferred to do the one I actually earned and not get screwed out of it because Niantic gonna Niantic

Also, looks like I'm screwed out of a research stamp because of Niantic too. I got yesterday's late at night due to being at work super late and the game is refusing to reward me one today. Niantic support didn't realize there's a gap and just sent me the form letter stating you get one stamp a day.