Pokémon Go |OT| Tap those mons!

You did go through the effort of becoming ultra friends with someone. You may have even done the same raid that triggered their invite.
I actually wasn't able to make it to the gym he had an invite for.

On the upside though, the thing I got a referral invite to is half an hour earlier than what my actual invite would have been had it not glitched out. Would have been a convenient double, too.

He doesn't trade.

You give him your account and he will do countless raids for you until he gets the IVs you want.

It's against the TOS.
That makes so much more sense. I haven't heard about this guy until just now, and watching a few of his vids it's pretty crazy the amount he plays. However he seems to have many accounts so just one being banned, even if it's his "main" , probably won't matter in the end.

Is there any chance they'll do another Kanto focused spawn increase again in the future? Me and my little sister were going to spend the day hunting down the Pokemon that we still need to evolve, but of course I got sick just in time to ruin that. I was so close to evolving several Pokemon that I'm after, but I'll never pull it off now.

If this event proved anything, it's that the Pokemon that show up around here normally are so damn boring and same-y. Playing in a fairly rural area really sucks.

Is there any chance they'll do another Kanto focused spawn increase again in the future? Me and my little sister were going to spend the day hunting down the Pokemon that we still need to evolve, but of course I got sick just in time to ruin that. I was so close to evolving several Pokemon that I'm after, but I'll never pull it off now.

If this event proved anything, it's that the Pokemon that show up around here normally are so damn boring and same-y. Playing in a fairly rural area really sucks.
Eventually? Sure. But probably not for quite a while. They’ve already run a bunch of Kanto related stuff this year and this event combined with Mewtwo already feels like a sort of “finale”.

Indeed, let's focus a bit on the rollout of Generation 4 and finishing up Generation 2 now. Like a Kecleon event for October, Generation 4 in November and then some kind of earn Heracross worldwide event in January.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Eventually for sure. But god I hope not for a while. This is the 4th Kanto event this year, and longest for sure. All the extra Laprases, Porygons & Chanseys were nice though (though rates seemed to go down a little)

I really hope to see Gen 4 start in Oct.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
I'd be really surprised if we don't at least get at least Gen 4 Ghost Pokemon for Halloween. Though, unlike last year, not many will really be added.

I'm really looking forward to next year with Chandelure! (Esp shiny Chandelure). Max CP of 2913, so pretty decent. Probably not useful, but I'm def going to max out one.

btan has been offering raiding services for a while now. it didn't just start with mew2. finally caught the eye of sauron.
people who use his service just bought themselves a trophy, not earned.

i'm on my own hunt for 100 mewtwo. but only using up tickets i can obtain with gym coins. the odds are against me, but a man can get lucky twice. my only other 100 raid encounter from both regular and legendary is kyogre.

Will any Alolan eggs you obtained during this event keep the chance of hatching a regional mon, or do they all go back to normal?
What is in an egg is decided when you receive the egg, not when it is hatched. So if you have an unhatched egg with a regional in it, you can hatch it in three years and it still would contain that regional.

I would take another Kanto week tbh. I haven't farmed enough Rhyhorn candies yet and outside of this event it's a really rare spawn here. My body is not ready for Gen 4 yet :(

I've hatched like 6 Farfetch'd, 2 Kangaskhan, and 1 Mr. Mine.

I don't think I want to hatch 7km eggs anymore.

Also laughing at Brandon getting banned. He made such a big deal about spoofers breaking TOS when he's been doing way worse since the start.

Cross posting this from reddit

I'm experiencing a rather weird glitch (?), i've been raiding for the past couple of weeks doing 4-5 Mewtwo raid per day, and i've started noticing that my Reward never, and i mean never contains any Max or normal Revives

It's starting to become problematic when i noticed that even normal revives are incredibly rare for me, i'm talking 1 revive out of 20 poke stop spins
Almost all my 5* raid rewards look like this

Only way i'm keepin up is trying to find quests that give revives but that alone ain't doing much
I ahve no idea what to do

The frequency of revives plummeted last year, so 1 i 20 for pokestops isnt that far off tbh. I seem to get most revives from gifts these days.
But is it normal to get doule golden berries with raids?

Like, separately? i don't remember ever happening to me, my friends are also clueless about it

But is it normal to get doule golden berries with raids?

Like, separately? i don't remember ever happening to me, my friends are also clueless about it
Yip - normal and has been for a while - just checked back for some examples this is one from today / from 2 months ago / from 4 months ago

Last edited:
I have seen reports on TheSilphRoad of another nest migration? Jesus, that's like the 4th in the last 2 weeks.

Our local park went from Swinub > Skarmory > Chinchou > haven't checked yet

The EX raid over here is at 1pm on a Tuesday. Fucking Niantic, cannot understand why they wouldn't do it on a weekend.
To be fair, not everyone has the weekend off.

I do think it's silly the way ex passes have a time and date requirement though. At the very least, they could make it so that anyone with an ex pass should be able to join any ex raid on that day so people who are working can go to somewhere either around them or organize something after work.

To be fair, not everyone has the weekend off.

I do think it's silly the way ex passes have a time and date requirement though. At the very least, they could make it so that anyone with an ex pass should be able to join any ex raid on that day so people who are working can go to somewhere either around them or organize something after work.
I think it’s a massively safe bet that more people are free at the weekends though, surely,

I've only had three EX raid passes, one of them was in the middle of the day on a Thursday, and the other two were on a Saturday at 1 when I had work. The whole EX raid thing is really dumb.