Pokémon Go |OT| Tap those mons!

gimme yo dust. i needs.
made it 1.4m, spent down to 1m again boosting my mewtwo counters.

a local church gym with an ex-raid just got removed a few hours before the raid... y'all better be respectful

Oh yeah, I forgot you could request to remove Poke-gyms.

This one part of town has 3 poke-gyms right next to each other and they're on busy part of the streets that has a pretty sharp curve.
It's right here, actually: https://goo.gl/maps/SZsFbY8dw922

The other weekend when Mewtwo first started, there were raids in those gyms and a huge group of people started to build up. So did a few other people who decided to park in the street and stay in their cars for the raid. Which essentially blocked one lane of traffic on this already busy street. So during those 20 minutes people gathered and did the raid, they started building up quite a bit of traffic. Not too mention it being dangerous for drivers because they can't see around the turn. I have a friend who lives right there, too, and she complains about it a lot, so apparently this happens pretty regularly.

I should point her to the request removal form.

Pretty sure it came from here but if anyone here named Grove192 added me and wants to time a lucky egg for the Ultra Friend PM me or something. Or if you don't care given already a pretty high level then I will gladly make use of it as I am trying to get to 30 right now.

EDIT: Same goes for Falchion17, Unglueck and Evophile who are all about 4 days off.

Last edited:
Every day after work I'm driving by two EX gyms trying to see if there's a 1-3 star that I can solo to get a chance at a pass. Haven't had any luck so far but I'm sure the timing will line up at some point.

Does anyone else have an issue where they never evolve their shinies, excluding CD ones? I've got Shiny Grimer, Geodude, Houndour, Sunkern, Shuppet, Wailmer, and Pikachu all sitting unevolved out of fear that I'll get a better shiny one and then regret evolving it.

potential limited edition movesets, like from community day, has gotten me shy about evolving stuff fo sho'

100 cyndaquil 100 mudkip needn't be evolved so soon

Does anyone else have an issue where they never evolve their shinies, excluding CD ones? I've got Shiny Grimer, Geodude, Houndour, Sunkern, Shuppet, Wailmer, and Pikachu all sitting unevolved out of fear that I'll get a better shiny one and then regret evolving it.
Yeah lol. Unless it's high IV or I have multiple I don't really want to evolve it right away.

I caught 4 shiny Poochyena with one of them being 93% so I evolved that one.

Is that usually how the EX passes phases work? Once one ends, the next one immediately begins?
Previously Ex-raid passes went out 2 days *before* the current one was due to happen so that would have been Sunday - however given this one is broken for a lot of people they may have paused or stopped things until this one is over before doing the next one

FYI I read a lot of reports last night from people who's ex raids were cancelled last minute - it looks like in their attempt to stop eggs blocking passes going out they have managed to setup eggs blocking the actual raids - if they gym for your ex raid gets a normal egg or a raid on it which will overlap the ex-raid the ex-raid is cancelled , some of them last night seem to have been cancelled with around 20 minutes notice