Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation Dx2 |OT| One More Whale Rejected

SephiZack Is that you on the no. 11 PvP worldwide spot (currently)? Damn good if so. Was wondering, what's the reasoning for putting endure on Zhong Qui? Is Oni-Kagura really all he needs? Also, any suggestions as to which brands to use for him? Currently, I just put a set for health and one for magic resist on him, of which a few have %attack up.

SephiZack Is that you on the no. 11 PvP worldwide spot (currently)? Damn good if so. Was wondering, what's the reasoning for putting endure on Zhong Qui? Is Oni-Kagura really all he needs? Also, any suggestions as to which brands to use for him? Currently, I just put a set for health and one for magic resist on him, of which a few have %attack up.
Zhong Kui has a very very high physical attack stat, but because of the way my turns go (1st Feng Huang, 2nd Rangda, 3rd Ose and 4th Zhong Kui), I rarely use Zhong to attack. He is mainly there for his passives (reduce 1 icon once if enemy starts first and increase team attack) and to bait enemies into attacking him.
I noticed that the enemy AI really likes to focus him, so I am trying to increase his defensive stats (hp, def, mdef) and use him as a bait. Basically what makes me win against team with 6* and natural 5*s is the fact that instead of killing any of my other characters, they always try to kill Zhong while I heal with Feng Huang's mediarama. The Endure on him basically makes sure that the enemy either uses an AoE attack or spend another turn icon attacking him (or 2 if I manage to heal).

If you want to use him as your main damage dealer, I would probably give him charge instead of endure.
JP Wiki recommends giving him war brands; however, he has the highest ATK and Luck (thus critical rate) in the game while having one of the lowest VIT in the game. He has very low HP and I think that is the reason why enemy AI tends to focus him, so you are probably ok with giving him life brands. If you don't want enemy teams to just kill him first before he can deal any damage, you can either bulk him up or put someone even more squishy in the team I guess; I am not 100% sure of the science behind how enemy AI chooses a target, but I noticed in my matches that 80% of the time they attack Zhong and it might be because of his fragility.
Maybe AI likes attacking him because I have null/repel phys on Rangda and Ose, or maybe it's just my impression and it's 100% random so I don't know for sure. (I haven't played on JP or beta server)

I suggest having Phys AC% as the right arm main stat (R. Arm is the only piece that can have Phys AC% as main stat) because he has very low agility and that influences hit rate along with Luck. Other than that, I would probably look for Phys Atk% as main stat on L. Arm and Legs (you can only have Atk% as main stat on Arms and Legs). Head is always flat HP as main stat and Body is always flat Def/Mdef.

For the 2-pieces set, I am currently using Ward (Barrier against ailments) BUT I noticed that he rarely got affected by ailments anyway (high Luck stat and -35% ailment passive). I am using it more as insurance and magic resist set is probably a good choice.

If I could change 1 thing on my team, it would be having Teal Rangda instead of Yellow Rangda.
I don't remember ever using Recarmdra in PvP.
Teal Rangda has Null Force and it works as a deterrent against other Rangdas' AoE Mazandyne + I noticed there are many demons using Force skills in PvP.
I hate facing Teal Rangda teams more than I hate Yellow Rangda teams: I can always kill Yellow Rangda before they can revive their teams, but not being able to use Mazandyne makes the fights harder for me.

In my dream team I would probably use Huang Di instead of Ose, but Huang Di is not available on Global and it's gacha-limited so my chances of getting him are very very low.
My plan is to save tons of gems, wait for a special gacha where he's featured (like the upcoming Mara/Trumpeter/Ishtar one), buy the cheapest pack available to unlock the special gacha and go ham with my gems. Worst case scenario I will get lots of parchment pieces and get a guaranteed 5* with 200 parchment pieces.

Last edited:
Zhong Kui has a very very high physical attack stat, but because of the way my turns go (1st Feng Huang, 2nd Rangda, 3rd Ose and 4th Zhong Kui), I rarely use Zhong to attack. He is mainly there for his passives (reduce 1 icon once if enemy starts first and increase team attack) and to bait enemies into attacking him.
I noticed that the enemy AI really likes to focus him, so I am trying to increase his defensive stats (hp, def, mdef) and use him as a bait. Basically what makes me win against team with 6* and natural 5*s is the fact that instead of killing any of my other characters, they always try to kill Zhong while I heal with Feng Huang's mediarama. The Endure on him basically makes sure that the enemy either uses an AoE attack or spend another turn icon attacking him (or 2 if I manage to heal).

If you want to use him as your main damage dealer, I would probably give him charge instead of endure.
JP Wiki recommends giving him war brands; however, he has the highest ATK and Luck (thus critical rate) in the game while having one of the lowest VIT in the game. He has very low HP and I think that is the reason why enemy AI tends to focus him, so you are probably ok with giving him life brands. If you don't want enemy teams to just kill him first before he can deal any damage, you can either bulk him up or put someone even more squishy in the team I guess; I am not 100% sure of the science behind how enemy AI chooses a target, but I noticed in my matches that 80% of the time they attack Zhong and it might be because of his fragility.
Maybe AI likes attacking him because I have null/repel phys on Rangda and Ose, or maybe it's just my impression and it's 100% random so I don't know for sure. (I haven't played on JP or beta server)

I suggest having Phys AC% as the right arm main stat (R. Arm is the only piece that can have Phys AC% as main stat) because he has very low agility and that influences hit rate along with Luck. Other than that, I would probably look for Phys Atk% as main stat on L. Arm and Legs (you can only have Atk% as main stat on Arms and Legs). Head is always flat HP as main stat and Body is always flat Def/Mdef.

For the 2-pieces set, I am currently using Ward (Barrier against ailments) BUT I noticed that he rarely got affected by ailments anyway (high Luck stat and -35% ailment passive). I am using it more as insurance and magic resist set is probably a good choice.

If I could change 1 thing on my team, it would be having Teal Rangda instead of Yellow Rangda.
Teal Rangda has Null Force and it works as a deterrent against other Rangdas' AoE Mazandyne + I noticed there are many demons using Force skills in PvP.
I hate facing Teal Rangda teams more than I hate Yellow Rangda teams: I can always kill Yellow Rangda before they can revive their teams, but not being able to use Mazandyne makes the fights harder for me.

In my dream team I would probably use Huang Di instead of Ose, but Huang Di is not available on Global and it's gacha-limited so my chances of getting him are very very low.
My plan is to save tons of gems, wait for a special gacha where he's featured (like the upcoming Mara/Trumpeter/Ishtar one), buy the cheapest pack available to unlock the special gacha and go ham with my gems. Worst case scenario I will get lots of parchment pieces and get a guaranteed 5* with 200 parchment pieces.
That's a lot of really useful insight. Thanks so much. Gonna have to take another look at my brands and see if I can squeeze out some more on that front.

Currently running a team with Ose (teal), Sandalphon (yellow), Loki (teal), and now also Zhong Kui (purple). I was actually really doubting my choice of getting a yellow Sandalphon instead of Ranga, but I guess they both have their pros and cons. I'm all out of gems and don't have much magnetite left either, so I'm gonna have to work with this for a while.

Hopefully I'll be able to stay in the top 500 to get those gems. The main thing I'm missing is mediarama on my team, which is such a boon when I get hit by a team-wide attack.

This is very informative thanks. Do you think the AI only focuses on your base VIT or your current VIT with brands ?

I do not have a Rangda or Zhong Kui unfortunately, my lack of foresight made me go straight for other demons that can only fill niches when properly set-up through expensive transfers.

This is very informative thanks. Do you think the AI only focuses on your base VIT or your current VIT with brands ?

I do not have a Rangda or Zhong Kui unfortunately, my lack of foresight made me go straight for other demons that can only fill niches when properly set-up through expensive transfers.
I think they might focus based on current HP, but I have nothing to back this speculation.

In my opinion (pulled out of nowhere), what is happening is that:
1) In the first turn, enemies attack. Physical enemies can't attack Rangda or Ose because of null phys, so they attack either Zhong Kui or Feng Huang.
2) Feng Huang has highest Luck in the game (same as Zhong) + one of the highest AGI in the game, so it naturally evades lots of attack. My Feng Huang also has +30% evasion from brands and higher Def/Mdef than my Zhong Kui, so overall it ends up receiving less damage from Zhong Kui. (Most of the time I end up the first turn with Feng Huang/Ose/Rangda at full/almost full health and Zhong Kui at half health or less).
3) In the second turn, enemies attack again. Zhong Kui is closer to dying, so they naturally start focusing him with skills/normal attacks.

The teams I have more difficulty dealing with are the ones with 3-4 natural 5* demons with AoE damage as they can wipe my team at the start. I can barely survive the first turn, but luckily I have +1 mp regeneration on Feng Huang so I can use mediarama every turn and they usually have to wait a turn before being able to use skills again. That is enough time for me to heal and kill at least 1 or 2 of the enemy team.

I don't think Rangda is essential for PvP, I actually haven't seen many in the top 100. Zhong Kui has been a godsend for me though. I start second in pretty much 90% of the matches against people higher ranked than me (Everyone has at least an evolved 6* or natural 5*s) and giving them 1 less press icon is essential for me to survive the first 2 turns where I'm setting up charge on Ose. This week I have lost maybe 2 duels and both times I was basically wiped by AoE gacha madness.

Defending in this game is a tragedy though. 90% of my defense log is losses xD. But I guess that if I can win easily against stronger teams because of dumb AI, the same can be said for them when they fight my team. (this is the reason why you fight against higher-ranked teams to have positive net points when they get revenge and you lose).

Any thoughts on Pazuzu vs Feng Huang as a healer? Both require you sacrificing an Odin for Resist Ice, which is a big enough investment of magnetite. Assuming you go Teal with both then Feng Huang will have Resist Phys and Null Fire while Pazuzu will have Resist Fire, Null Force, Null Light, Null Dark. Both have Mediarama as their main heal. For offensive options Feng Huang has Agilao (150 power magic fire dmg to single target) whereas Pazuzu has Purgatory (50 power dark magic dmg to 2-4 enemies). When awakened Feng Huang gains Zio whereas Pazuzu gets Darkbound. Again neither attack is particularly impressive. Feng Huang does come with Auto-Tarunda which is a decent debuff. At max level Feng Huang has twice as much agility and three times the luck of Pazuzu but Pazuzu has twice as much HP and a good chunk more magic.

It feels tough to decide, Pazuzu has better and more resistances but Feng Huang is cheaper to make.

Any thoughts on Pazuzu vs Feng Huang as a healer? Both require you sacrificing an Odin for Resist Ice, which is a big enough investment of magnetite. Assuming you go Teal with both then Feng Huang will have Resist Phys and Null Fire while Pazuzu will have Resist Fire, Null Force, Null Light, Null Dark. Both have Mediarama as their main heal. For offensive options Feng Huang has Agilao (150 power magic fire dmg to single target) whereas Pazuzu has Purgatory (50 power dark magic dmg to 2-4 enemies). When awakened Feng Huang gains Zio whereas Pazuzu gets Darkbound. Again neither attack is particularly impressive. Feng Huang does come with Auto-Tarunda which is a decent debuff. At max level Feng Huang has twice as much agility and three times the luck of Pazuzu but Pazuzu has twice as much HP and a good chunk more magic.

It feels tough to decide, Pazuzu has better and more resistances but Feng Huang is cheaper to make.
I like Feng Huang's Auto-Tarunda. I think it complements well Zhong Kui's Auto-Taraka to make you win the DPS race.

I have never checked Pazuzu but it sounds bulky. The problem is that with such low Luck and Agility it means that it is basically always going to get hit and often receive critical damage.
Being 4* would also make it more difficult to inherit skills and I am not sure his resistances are worth the 4* tax.

Connection errors again. I just came back from a break and I have full stamina/duel points....

Why you do this to me, Sega?

EDIT: Oh I was able to start a mission after restarting a few times. Hope I can use my stamina before/in case it goes down.

Summoned myself a 4 star White Rider before, well chuffed now. Feel kind of invincible now with the selection of demons I've gotten. Should be able to steamroll right through hopefully in the dungeon and in Story mode.

Just lost twice in a row against a team made of Metatron, Lucifer, Alice and Zhong Kui. The whale AoE spam kills half my team in 1 turn and the other half in the second turn lol

Boy this game lays the gacha on unapologetically thick. That and the real, real stripped down SMT combat puts a bad taste in my mouth.

I like the characters, at least, but that's not saying much.

I half expect Mika to go 'by the way, the shop has MAGNETITE ON SALE TODAY ONLY' during a story segment at any moment.

The combat doesnt feel that stripped down. The only thing that really stands out is the lack of MP management, which wasnt really an integral part of the combat system as opposed to the games systems in general. The advertisements are a bit wearying. But it seems you just get them once per advertisement or maybe once per day.

I don't think it's a stripped down SMT at all. A lot of skills are direct counters to meta-defining teams. There's a lot of depth when it comes to team and skill composition.

I beat the first boss and got disconnected. Not a biggie though. I'll wait for things to come back to liiiiife.

Game is pretty so far though. I haven't played too many mobile games but I just got a OnePlus 6 today and it looks good!

Getting too many connection errors to really play. If they happen in the middle of battles there’s a solid chance you’ll have to close your game and restart. Not worth the effort to try and play now.

Realeza

Banned
Is this any good? I'm playing Dragon Ball Legends, which is legitimately great on Android, so I'm not sure if I have time for another game like this. I fucking love SMT tho...

Boy this game lays the gacha on unapologetically thick. That and the real, real stripped down SMT combat puts a bad taste in my mouth.

I like the characters, at least, but that's not saying much.

I half expect Mika to go 'by the way, the shop has MAGNETITE ON SALE TODAY ONLY' during a story segment at any moment.
I’ve played a lot of SMT. What’s stripped down? I thought they did a really great job with it.

Guess I expected more depth and challenge.
Have you got to the later stages of the various special event or limited unit dungeons? You certainly need to think a bit more about your party composition and perhaps make demons purposefully for it. Not much different from the mainline games really (well apart from not being able to compendium higher level demons and move skills without a big ole grind)

I wanted to fuse a Loki and now I see why people say to use gems for magnetite. Holy crap that stuff goes fast. Well I have an Anubis for now until I get more.

Next week in JP they are releasing a couple new demons.

The 5* demon (Zaou-Gongen) has a passive that as long as he stays alive, all allies with the status "Rebellion" (guaranteed critical buff) also have Phys Pierce.
The 4* demon (Hell Biker) has Speedster (+50% speed) and a buff that costs 7 MP and gives Rebellion status to the entire party.

5* can be fused, but the 4* is "Fiend" so it's gacha-exclusive

Thanks for the heads up. Liking these handouts, heh.

Sitting at 1670 points in PvP. Didn't lose too much since last night. Phew.

Sooo, currently the top 50 is getting invaded by bot accounts

(Picture not mine)
EDIT: I just lost 200 points in the span of one page refresh. Dropped from Rank 4 to Rank 66 in an instant. (Now outside top 100 lol)

Last edited:
Sooo, currently the top 50 is getting invaded by bot accounts

(Picture not mine)

EDIT: I just lost 200 points from in the span of one page refresh. Dropped from Rank 4 to Rank 66 in an instant
Ugh...That sucks.
I'm getting targeted by these clowns as well and I'm nowhere near the top spot. At least their defense teams are trash.

Reached 81st on the rankings. Won't be long until I drop, but it was a fun ride.

Saw those bots in my match history too. At least they gave an easy retaliation.

edit: 44th lol. Auto'd those weird fellas with fairy/cusith/setanta, but only the ones that were higher rank, so at worst it'll even out. Is this some kind of charity thing like dying at the end of your Aura Gate run to leave a revenge statue?

Last edited:
Wondering is it worth starting to save for a 5* now or should I blow the magnetite making good 4* units now.

As an aside I'd love if the game added "load outs" or something as its a mild irritation swapping units around if you use the same Dx2 in multiple modes

Wondering is it worth starting to save for a 5* now or should I blow the magnetite making good 4* units now.

As an aside I'd love if the game added "load outs" or something as its a mild irritation swapping units around if you use the same Dx2 in multiple modes
What are you doing to accumulate magnetite?

So is there any benefit to waiting to use superior summon files and the like? Do they ever do events with increased drop rates? And generally gems shouldn’t be used for pulls but instead saved for resources right?

So is there any benefit to waiting to use superior summon files and the like? Do they ever do events with increased drop rates? And generally gems shouldn’t be used for pulls but instead saved for resources right?
Events are only for specific types of demons, not increased drop rates. As in they restrict the pool of summons available if you want one specifically.

You get a new summon pool if you manage to have 20.000 gems (and buy something with real money) where one 5* demon is guaranteed at the end of it.

Gems shouldn't be used for summons, you're right. Gacha is meaningless in this game unless you want to pay up. Use it to receive magnetite, keep them to fuse 5* demons.

Events are only for specific types of demons, not increased drop rates. As in they restrict the pool of summons available if you want one specifically.

You get a new summon pool if you manage to have 20.000 gems (and buy something with real money) where one 5* demon is guaranteed at the end of it.

Gems shouldn't be used for summons, you're right. Gacha is meaningless in this game unless you want to pay up. Use it to receive magnetite, keep them to fuse 5* demons.
It's the only way to gain coloured demons.

It's the only way to gain coloured demons.
Fair enough, but I think it's another mentality than hoarding virtual currency in the hope of getting your favourite unit only available for two weeks. You get files for coloured demons that you use for a greater project, it's not the goal of the game itself.

Is this game any good? Is it challenging a d thought provoking? Or is it just grind to overpower enemies
I think it's good. The battle system really does a lot for the game, and they didn't cut many corners in bringing it over to mobile. You will have to spend time leveling up your team every now and then, but most of the battles are a matter of strategizing. With the right team you should be able to take out enemy teams above your level.

Did something change with how AP works? Before I reset and restarted I had over 1000 points saved. Now it seems like Im constantly running out and Im not going into the gate any more than I did in the first game file.

Did something change with how AP works? Before I reset and restarted I had over 1000 points saved. Now it seems like Im constantly running out and Im not going into the gate any more than I did in the first game file.
Are you sure you're not just walking over the dead zones or something?

I think there was a change or bug or something that wiped out some people’s saved steps in the gate. I think it was free and now it costs or something.