Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation Dx2 |OT| One More Whale Rejected

I stopped being lazy and got past aura gate 30. All my demons are 5* so it wasn't even an issue. I haven't been feeling putting the work to push to stage 50 but I should start maximizing my magnetite gains

I'm still lazy, I farm lvl 40 on auto of aura gate. At 41 my healer will die first fight then the others start to tumble not long after. I haven't found a healer I'm willing to invest sacrificing a 4* nat for to cover the weakness. So both Fang and Puz have ice weakness and the game AI knows that is the only weakness not covered and blasts them not stop until dead. I'd rather limp along more now and get the team I want sooner than patch what I have and wait months longer for a team I won't regret dumping resources into. Exception to this would be Brand and Signal farming. Since those will always be needed.

Guys if you want to farm MAG, the best way is to get to 46-50F Aura Gate (46-50F are easier than 41-45F. Use gems on boss revives if necessary but get to 50F) and search mag chests every hour.

Most of the time you get only 1k MAG, but it accumulates quickly and you're probably going to get a jackpot a day. Also farm during full moons for extra MAG.

I get roughly 180k MAG a day from Aura Gate if I farm intensively (get 46-50F chests almost every hour), WITHOUT jackpots. Yesterday I just casually farmed every couple hours or so and I got 100k MAG.

For an Aura Gate team (not boss killing, but for surviving the encounters on the floor), you need speedsters and fast magical demons. Speedsters are Yatagarasu (Red/Clear), Sleipnir, Fenrir (Purple only).

For cheap and fast magical demons, you have 2* Shadow (Clear/Purple, purple is faster), 3* Horus (Purple for 15% hama damage) and 3* Feng Huang. Transfer Mazan, Mahama and Mazio (in this order of priority) as 46-50F random encounters are weak to these elements.

I personally use a Clear Yatagarasu (evolved to 5*), Purple Fenrir (evolved to 5*), Clear Shadow (evolved to 4*) and Teal Horus (evolved to 4*) and I can safely auto almost all Aura Gate battles (sometimes I die if I fail talk and my turn finishes instantly).
In my team, Shadow is the MVP and deals the most damage, followed by Yatagarasu (give accuracy% brands or he'll miss).

Anyway, what you want in your Aura Gate farming team is to:
1) Get First turn
2) Exploit weaknesses and kill before enemies get their turn.

Do I fuse Beelzebub or Alilat? Only have enough mag for one right now.
Alilat works best in PvP if you have demons with Repel Phys/Force (to counter Mara/Cu). I don't think you're going to use it much in PvE.

Beelzebub depends on what colour you can make it. Best is Purple for Makaraka Shift (auto-Makarakarn if you start second). I have a Red one, which is not ideal, but it still helped me against 50F Aura gate boss and some brand of sin/strange signal stages (thanks to Null Light/Repel)

Last edited:
Guys if you want to farm MAG, the best way is to get to 46-50F Aura Gate (46-50F are easier than 41-45F. Use gems on boss revives if necessary but get to 50F) and search mag chests every hour.

Most of the time you get only 1k MAG, but it accumulates quickly and you're probably going to get a jackpot a day. Also farm during full moons for extra MAG.

I get roughly 180k MAG a day from Aura Gate if I farm intensively (get 46-50F chests almost every hour), WITHOUT jackpots. Yesterday I just casually farmed every couple hours or so and I got 100k MAG.

For an Aura Gate team (not boss killing, but for surviving the encounters on the floor), you need speedsters and fast magical demons. Speedsters are Yatagarasu (Red/Clear), Sleipnir, Fenrir (Purple only).

For cheap and fast magical demons, you have 2* Shadow (Clear/Purple, purple is faster), 3* Horus (Purple for 15% hama damage) and 3* Feng Huang. Transfer Mazan, Mahama and Mazio (in this order of priority) as 46-50F random encounters are weak to these elements.

I personally use a Clear Yatagarasu (evolved to 5*), Purple Fenrir (evolved to 5*), Clear Shadow (evolved to 4*) and Teal Horus (evolved to 4*) and I can safely auto almost all Aura Gate battles (sometimes I die if I fail talk and my turn finishes instantly).
In my team, Shadow is the MVP and deals the most damage, followed by Yatagarasu (give accuracy% brands or he'll miss).

Anyway, what you want in your Aura Gate farming team is to:
1) Get First turn
2) Exploit weaknesses and kill before enemies get their turn.

Alilat works best in PvP if you have demons with Repel Phys/Force (to counter Mara/Cu). I don't think you're going to use it much in PvE.

Beelzebub depends on what colour you can make it. Best is Purple for Makaraka Shift (auto-Makarakarn if you start second). I have a Red one, which is not ideal, but it still helped me against 50F Aura gate boss and some brand of sin/strange signal stages (thanks to Null Light/Repel)
Thanks. I might be able to do purple. I’ll check it out

Thanks. I might be able to do purple. I’ll check it out
Beelzebub has a fairly low magic stat, so you need to give it brands that give magic % boost (right and left arm + legs can have mag% on primary stat). In PvP it works best with a slower team to activate the Makarakarn passive, especially if you also use purple zhong kui.

There is a guy called "cata" in the top pvp rankings who uses a purple beelzebub. I can't find him now because of PvP reset but you can probably check his team and brands/transferred skills later/in a couple days.

Nice, I finally got the special summon file from eclipse.
I had given up on it for a long time, but I got it surprisingly easy with a Titania with good brands.
I only got a red Cerberus with it, though...

Nice, I finally got the special summon file from eclipse.
I had given up on it for a long time, but I got it surprisingly easy with a Titania with good brands.
I only got a red Cerberus with it, though...
Congrats. I’m working on it now. Just the last 4 to complete. Did you transfer any skills to Titania?

I’m building the Jack brothers with ‘tag’ up to 40 at the moment. Hoping that with them along with Titania and Oberon will be doable.

Congrats. I’m working on it now. Just the last 4 to complete. Did you transfer any skills to Titania?

I’m building the Jack brothers with ‘tag’ up to 40 at the moment. Hoping that with them along with Titania and Oberon will be doable.
I completed the 9th level using teal Oberon, purple Titania, Silky, and the 4-star pixie from the launch bonus.
I didn't need to transfer any skills to any of them, but I did awaken Titania, purple Titania gets a passive that increases damage by 10% when attacking a weakness.
I also used spell brands on her and Oberon.
It really helps to heal up using items and build up MP between waves.
Also, if you have one to spare, use a magic reflector on the boss of the 9th level to help you survive that turn and then kill off one or two of the demons.
I hear Jack bros with tag are a go-to strategy, though, so that should help too.

Both Eclipse and Hell Park will become 0-stamina cost during this weekend. So if you guys haven't done them yet, this weekend is your best opportunity as you can try as many times as you want without worrying about failing/using stamina

Just got an Orange Mara on a Superior Summon File roll. Not the best archetype, I think, but fuck it, I'll take it.
Awesome, grats. I think any Mara is a great Mara.

So I pulled a Vishnu, and was wondering if it would be worth it to purchase the awakening crystal for 500 gems?
This is what I did when I lucked into a 5 Star. No desire to farm for the mats, esp given the drop rates.

Tomorrow there's going to be a Japanese livestream at 21:00 Japanese time on the upcoming 1.5 update. (17.5 hours from now)
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180824T21&p0=248&font=cursive&csz=1

So I pulled a Vishnu, and was wondering if it would be worth it to purchase the awakening crystal for 500 gems?
This is what I did when I lucked into a 5 Star. No desire to farm for the mats, esp given the drop rates.
I would rather buy 11 stamina potions for 300 gems. (and 5 potions for 100 gems if you haven't bought that already).

I think 11 stamina potions would be more than enough to get the mats for awakening and you will end up with some left for leveling.

I would rather buy 11 stamina potions for 300 gems. (and 5 potions for 100 gems if you haven't bought that already).

I think 11 stamina potions would be more than enough to get the mats for awakening and you will end up with some left for leveling.
This is pretty dependent on how high you can clear on Strange Signal. 5* units are fairly expensive to awaken, to reliably get high level awakening materials you want to be running 8 or higher which can be tough depending on the colour and your team.

The Mara I rolled is critting 600 on normal hits. Terrified to think of what I'll reach with Charge. Also, Titanomachia seems like a pretty crap skill in comparison to Hell Thrust. It can do about 250 damage per enemy, but Hell Thrust seems to land at least 3 or 4 hits for about 150 each, with the bonus of charming enemies consistently. 30% charm effect is such a lie on that.

So far my team is Teal Ose, Teal Abaddon, Purple Sandalphon and Yellow Mara.

The Mara I rolled is critting 600 on normal hits. Terrified to think of what I'll reach with Charge. Also, Titanomachia seems like a pretty crap skill in comparison to Hell Thrust. It can do about 250 damage per enemy, but Hell Thrust seems to land at least 3 or 4 hits for about 150 each, with the bonus of charming enemies consistently. 30% charm effect is such a lie on that.

So far my team is Teal Ose, Teal Abaddon, Purple Sandalphon and Yellow Mara.
The charm chance is applied for each hit individually and Mara also has high luck, so you're very likely to charm someone.

Sorry for the amount of posts, but I thought this would deserve its own

Update Notes for 1.5 are here: http://d2-megaten-l.sega.jp/news/detail/055943.html
We got update 1.4.1 on the same date as JP, so we will probably get 1.5 very soon (30th August in Japan)

Google Translated:

Skills:
- I'm not sure if I understood it correctly, but apparently doing quests with friends' demons will give 20% exp bonus (they removed Kanbari's bonus when it's your friend's Kanbari)
- Multi-hit spells will not repeatedly attack enemies who died during the attack.
- Not sure, but apparently changed formula for skills (damage?)

Skill Factor?:
- They're adding a way to learn/level up skills through items (like skill cards in Persona)
- Skill cards can be obtained by High Level Skill Extraction (consume gems/items/demons) or events

Brands:
- Guard brand set bonus buffed from 20% to 30%
- Shield brand set bonus buffed from 20% to 30%
- Speed brand set bonus buffed from 15% to 25%
- War brand set bonus buffed from 15% to 20%
- Spell brand set bonus buffed from 15% to 20%
- Life brand set bonus buffed from 25% to 50%

Summon:
- Some small changes to the summon from fragment tab

Aura Gate:
- Added "Boost Mode" to Aura Gate. Consume double the steps and get double MAG from battles, revenges and random items (no Mag chests or gatekeeper)
- Changed algorithms for auto movement in Aura Gate

Present:
- Added filters (All/Demons/Items) to present tab

Devil Buster:
- Added a new Brands of Sin (unlocked after chapter 5) with new brand sets:
- 2-set: Physical Accuracy +10%
- 2-set: Evasion +10%
- 2-set: Healing done +30%
- 2-set: Changes turn order by one (e.g. if demon is 3rd in turn order, it becomes 2nd)

Duel Changes:
- After 3 turns, you'll start receiving damage each time it's the defense's turn. This fixed damage increases as turns increase.
- Added "Defense Test" function you can use to see your defense's AI behaviour

- Winning streaks will activate some bonuses
- Winning streak will reset after 2 hours from your last win or if you lose
- Winning streak will reset if you manually refresh the opponent list
- Winning streak only changes when you attack someone else (defense/training/test do not affect winning streak)
- Added function to check your last opponent's details
- Changed duel schedule (JP)

Party Formation:
- After chapter 3, you will unlock Party loadouts (each Liberator gets 4 different parties you can setup)

- No idea what the drama thing is (I guess it's related to watching story cutscenes?)

Auto-quest:
- Added an option to auto-quest to decide whether to support other players (use MP to gain Fame)

- Vibration function for Android
- Added AR poses and some stuff for pictures
- Devil evaluation tab added to devil status display?

Last edited:
Duel Changes: - After 3 turns, you'll start receiving damage each time it's the defense's turn. This fixed damage increases as turns increase.

This is gonna suck because I can cheese so many PVP fights with Abaddon. His null fire and null phys combined with high crit and heal from Binge Eating means I can outlast almost any team I come up against, unless they're using Zio spells.

I decided to throw in the towel on this one. I really liked it but the whole “make gacha rates abysmal” type of gacha is not for me. I like the core gameplay and I think it has a lot of potential. I just don’t see a future for it. Also wish my energy wouldn’t recharge every 2 hours. Let me spend my energy and be done for at least 8 hours plz.

I’ll check back in in a few months ...

I have a gacha odin but it seems i can't transfer resist ice ?
I'd make a ticket since that seems like an error. Dumb question, but did you make sure to click on Resist Ice? The Resist skills, since passive, the lettering show up kind of transparent but can still be chosen.

I'd make a ticket since that seems like an error. Dumb question, but did you make sure to click on Resist Ice? The Resist skills, since passive, the lettering show up kind of transparent but can still be chosen.
It didn't show under "passive" sorting for some reason but I got it thanks. Used resist ice for yatagarasu on top of phys boost

Nice job on the 5 star. I only got a Valkyrie from the superior summon file for this 7 day login campaign. Hoping I at least get a useful 4 star from the Ultimate file.

Finally took the time to finish Aura gate 50. Was surprised it only took 20 gems going in blind. I got lucky with good demon matchup for that fight. Thinking about saving my Ultimate Summon for when I get second one from "new demon" login bonus, so that I can use them back to back.

Dead thread but...... I FINALLY GOT A FUCKING 5 STAR.

Please be good

Also pulled

Yellow sandalphon, Teal snake thing with revive teal, some other 4 star.... kishin red, purple Anubis from my 15 superior files. Sandalphon was from herald file.

While I think the game is good it just feels too barebones. There isn't even the thinnest of veneers between the player and the naked grind. Might come back to it in the future but I'm done with it for the moment.

While I think the game is good it just feels too barebones. There isn't even the thinnest of veneers between the player and the naked grind. Might come back to it in the future but I'm done with it for the moment.
I still log in and do casual playing but I don't play much these days. I played quite a lot when it first came out but now its just repetition of the same kind of events over and over and a ridiculous grind. The game isn't generous at all in terms of its gacha so there's no excitement there either.

It's a real shame too, I think the game is really fun with its combat, and the fusing demons is really cool, but it takes a decade to be able to fuse the 5*s. I'm actually really close to fusing my first 5* but even so, I'm so burned out that I'll just get there when I get there.

Yes, his best archetype is purple though as it can make the most out of the buff they're giving him (Magic attack+Mjolnir buff).

Game is still alive and PvP is becoming more and more difficult as people are finalizing their PvP teams. I was able to achieve Rank 1 last week but it was tough.