Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation Dx2 |OT| One More Whale Rejected

Got a new phone, so I'm finally gonna give this a go! Hope I actually stick around and play it for a while. Mobile games usually bore me pretty quickly, but I'd like to play this since it'll be my first SMT (that isn't Persona) game.

I picked this back up after only briefly trying it at launch. I'm still very early days but I'm into it, but I only do a couple battles a day. Graphics on the iPhone X and the general presentation continue to stun me for a gacha game (or frankly, an Atlus game in general), and make me again salty that SMT5 won't be coming to the PS4. The rendering of the demons in this game is fantastic; even in the AR mode is cool. No real challenge on the battles yet though.

My main complaint is the wannabe NRA member I have as a partner. Not a good look, Atlus.
Also this game is not at all subtle about trying to make you pay for stuff.

They reset duel stamina with the latest patch, and I lost the hundreds that I had stockpiled :( Used to love blasting through PVP on the reset to get to Gold ranks and rake in the sweet gems. Sucks to be me.

Lot of stuff announced for the Japanese version, some are coming with 1.6 and others are coming later.

- Guilds/faction wars
- New Jaki race with demons, including Black Frost 5*. ALso theres going to be two more demons added to multi-fusion.
- Negotiate with demons via AR
- Events which reduce MAG costs for fusing.
- Change archetype is coming with the anniversary.
- You can make demons with custom skills also you gain ability to fuse clear Hero/Fiend demons. APparently demons modified like this get a skill tree like from devil summoner, I guess they mean the fiends and heroes, I'm not sure?
- Mitama to increase stats
- More AG floors and more story
- Collab is going to happen but no word on what.

Oh also, there's a rate up banner at the moment which increases the 5* rate to 3% along with the 4* rate to 10% and if you get a 5* it's a guaranteed Fiend or Hero. First 10 pull is free, there after you need to buy something to unlock it, as with previous banners.

Edit: There's apparently some more bundles coming in October, so there's also that to consider when using your gems. May want to wait till then as the banner is up till the 2nd of oct if you're patient and aren't feeling lucky.

Last edited:
Patch 2.0 is probably coming in January (the 1st year anniversary in Japan).

1.6 with Guilds is probably coming this month/early next month in Japan (and maybe a couple weeks later in global like for 1.5)

I like the game a lot, but wish there was more PVE stuff. I don't like doing pvp but the rewards are to good not to make some small effort. Id rather farm brands and Aether. Most all the top pvp teams seem to use almost identical formats. Charm is way to over powered with the success rates that can be boosted and the Gatcha only ability to pass on Null charm. I will need to create a buster team to for PVP to eliminate the current trend. With Mag being so difficult to farm, that will take forever since I'd rather make PVE teams.

Its good to see the Gatcha increase drop rates of 5* by 6x. This makes it more reasonable.

Nice, gratz. Do want Lucifer but that magnetite cost. X.x No where near it since I only just recently fused my purple Cu.
I was gonna fuse CU, but I didn't get my pvp gems.....so no mag. Thanks SEGA. I'm super happy about Luci, he is my first 5* from gatcha. Took 225 pulls.

I like the game a lot, but wish there was more PVE stuff. I don't like doing pvp but the rewards are to good not to make some small effort. Id rather farm brands and Aether. Most all the top pvp teams seem to use almost identical formats. Charm is way to over powered with the success rates that can be boosted and the Gatcha only ability to pass on Null charm. I will need to create a buster team to for PVP to eliminate the current trend. With Mag being so difficult to farm, that will take forever since I'd rather make PVE teams.

Its good to see the Gatcha increase drop rates of 5* by 6x. This makes it more reasonable.
PVP is fucking stupid nowadays. Almost every team has a tank Teal Ose and its almost impossible to deal with before the damage begins piling on. I hate the changes. Horrible stuff.

Woooow, The final Aura Gate boss is stupid hard.
I don't even know how I would have taken out the supporting enemies if I didn't have an insta-kill move.
On the bright side, Now that I don't need it to help me through AG, I was able to finally upgrade my Quetzacoatl to 6-star.

You can use this fusion calculator to find how to fuse various demons: https://fusion.dx2wiki.com/

Search Makami in the search box. "Reverse Fusion" shows how to fuse the demon you want, "Normal Fusion" shows what the demon can be fused into
Whoa, thank you for this. I cant wait to try to get him. I want to make Hare of Inaba out of him, since I hear its good.

I hope this game keeps getting regular updates and is popular

Whoa, thank you for this. I cant wait to try to get him. I want to make Hare of Inaba out of him, since I hear its good.

I hope this game keeps getting regular updates and is popular
The reason people say to fuse Hare of Inaba is because it negates the effect of dark tiles (-4 steps) in AG. That's why Hare is kept in the sub-party during AG and you are not actively going to use it.

The reason people say to fuse Hare of Inaba is because it negates the effect of dark tiles (-4 steps) in AG. That's why Hare is kept in the sub-party during AG and you are not actively going to use it.
I read about that, and it sounds really helpful. I am still a bit confused by some of the systems, and am newish to the SMT series, but I find it all really fascinating

Looking at the announcement for the next banner it seems like they're sticking with the 6x rate ups for them.

Probably for the best, rates are trash tier otherwise.

If we get the rate up every week, combined with the gems we get from PvP we basically have 4 10-pulls for free every month at 3% 5* rate. This is actually better than many other gacha games in terms of free pulls available per month