Splatoon 2 |OT| HIGHTIDE ERA IS THE BEST

Here's a fun tower control tip: if the other team is pushing the tower, don't dedicate half your team to kill one dude on the other side of the map. We ended up winning this match because these two knuckeheads wanted me dead so much lol

Here's a fun tower control tip: if the other team is pushing the tower, don't dedicate half your team to kill one dude on the other side of the map. We ended up winning this match because these two knuckeheads wanted me dead so much lol
There are a lot of people who never play the fucking objective in tower control.

Double post but this is important.

Whatever you do, if it is tower control Starfish Mainstage, DO NOT PLAY!

The map is fucked beyond belief. It is super easy for a charger / long range solo spawn camp and you have basically no chance of getting out. There is NO coverage. Just the tiny platform for spawn and then a drop into instant death. It is the stupidest thing I have seen. What the hell were they thinking!?

DO NOT PLAY IT and pray they fix it ASAP. If you have to play it like you only have those two hours or whatever to play, pick a weapon with splash shield --maybe beakon so you have something, anything to help you get out of spawn.

First time playing the new Starfish Mainstage right now and it is so oddly open! Gonna have to sleep on these changes before forming an opinion. As for the new Kensa weapons I am already loving the dualies, tolerable painting ability and lots of splatting/harassing options with its toolset.

Jeez. This game never gets old for me :D

I still want them to do something more with Salmon Run, we got a lot of things from my wishlist - playable Octolings, new specials, new weapons etc but Salmon Run hasn't been update nearly as much as I had hoped.

Also they said it would be the final "new" map, I'm still holding out hope that they launch at least 2 old maps as a final update & one more new mode/event.

Updates to Splatfests are nice, although its by far the most boring thing for me outside of certain Station layouts which I like. I only play it for the re-rolls and have failed to be engaged enough to even make it to King/Queen the last two Splatfests.

Also the new charger kits are horrible...

In terms of the Ink Mines just read the change log and this was my idea all the way back in Splatoon 1, being able to detonate a Ink Mine is awesome buff in my opinion.

There's supposed to be a new Salmon Run map according to datamining. I wish they would fix some of the current ones though, like the absolute shitfest that is Marooner's Bay.

I think this map is going to be the last, if you go into the Shoal you'll see that there's one space left so that all the maps are on one page, the new map will make 23 maps total plus a random space. I don't see them changing how the UI there or having a page with only 1 or 2 maps out of a possible 12.

I hope there's going to be a new Salmon Run map though, there's still so much potential for good ideas

Why am I always such a loser. Why am I never allowed to have anything, no matter how petty? Nothing ever changes. Nothing ever improves.
Like, if you would like some advice you're going to have to post more about what you're doing rather than complaining about your teammates in each post.

From your last few posts, you look like youre a slosher main. If you're going to use a slosher, honestly the tri slosher isn't a great weapon. The blobobbler is far better in most everything beyond actually inking the floor.

I would recommend you start by taking a look at the most used weapons for each mode by rank X people and choose something from there for each mode.

https://www.reddit.com/r/splatoon/comments/9clod7/meta_weapons_summary_xrank_season_ending_831/

Like, if you would like some advice you're going to have to post more about what you're doing rather than complaining about your teammates in each post.

From your last few posts, you look like youre a slosher main. If you're going to use a slosher, honestly the tri slosher isn't a great weapon. The blobobbler is far better in most everything beyond actually inking the floor.

I would recommend you start by taking a look at the most used weapons for each mode by rank X people and choose something from there for each mode.

https://www.reddit.com/r/splatoon/comments/9clod7/meta_weapons_summary_xrank_season_ending_831/
I mean it's not really the weapons, it's me. I usually use one of the sloshers or dualies, including high-tier ones like enperry and the blobber. Regardless of weapon I just seem to lose every single 1v1, even if I have the drop on the enemy. So I either lose a battle or find myself surrounded by multiple enemies and die that way. Either way I spend a ton of time dead and not contributing anything.

Typical examples of me dying like the worthless piece of garbage I am.
Maybe it's your controller sensibility. Try playing with that so you can react better in 1 vs 1. And i don't know if sloshers are that good at close combat, you should try to avoid it and support your teammates. The BBB seems useful for blocking escape routes.

I never liked online multiplayer so I postponed buying this game for ages. Finally bought in an impulse and goddammit I'm loving it. I'm going to end up paying the online service just to keep playing

Typical examples of me dying like the worthless piece of garbage I am.
Branduil, I think the biggest thing that is holding you back and what you can improve a lot on is to know when to hold back. Splatoon is such a fast and aggressive game that it's easy to play too aggressively and get caught out for it, even when you're using a frontline weapon like the Enperrys. In the first clip I think throwing the curling bomb in the middle of the encounter was a mistake because it left you with so little ink to work with, making it hard for you to make the most of the dualies' mobility and it actually pushed your opponent to go around the box, which is where you ended up. You end up in a similar situation in the second clip, where you spend all your ink on a curling bomb and then get caught out in the open, while the luna was in an odd, unpredictable place if you had taken a moment to reload between throwing the curling bomb and before dropping off the ledge you would have known he was there and had a lot more ink to paint the zone or dodge away if you ended up being attacked. I think striking that perfect balance of aggression and restraint is the hardest thing to learn and do in Splatoon but it makes the difference between splatting and getting splatted.

I never liked online multiplayer so I postponed buying this game for ages. Finally bought in an impulse and goddammit I'm loving it. I'm going to end up paying the online service just to keep playing
One of us, one of us. Just make sure you do the right thing and join #Teamretro in the upcoming splatfest

Yeah me too, Splatoon’s my whole reason for paying. It’d be a lot harder to justify otherwise.

Very interesting to see the Forge Splattershot Pro still on this list. The fact that it's still such a common pick is a testament to how good the lethal bomb/bubble blower kit is despite the weapon itself being both hopelessly outclassed by the Foil Squeezer and not being really good in this meta at all tbh

"Haha, gottem." --Nintendo, probably

As somewhat expected, the Kensa kits all seem to be pretty darn good but I'm kinda trash at adequately using any of them. Stupid Kensa Shot just once again reminding me how much I loved the original Burst Bomb/Missiles kit from the first testfire and how sad I am that it's not a thing. Between that, toxic mist not doing anything generally, and the .96 Gal still doing its temporary noncorporeal bullets thing, most of my dreams when first getting into the game have been crushed.

Thanks to the new weapons and general mood things, it turned into a weekend of constantly jumping around between various shitty weapons and poor performances. Why I can't just swallow my pride and stick with the Clash and Clash Neo forever like I properly should is beyond me. I let outside jeering get into my head too much, I think.

Very interesting to see the Forge Splattershot Pro still on this list. The fact that it's still such a common pick is a testament to how good the lethal bomb/bubble blower kit is despite the weapon itself being both hopelessly outclassed by the Foil Squeezer and not being really good in this meta at all tbh
Could you explain why? Both Splattershot Pro weapons are among my favorites.

Welcome to the club :) It's one of my favorite games ever, glad you're enjoying it.

This alone is the reason I'm paying for online. Smash is a big bonus on top of that though :)

I need to get better with the duelies...Any tips guys? I'm a N-zap and inkbrush main if it helps.
Rolls are busted so you should be using them all the time in fights. They're hard to track and good for closing gaps, but only use them when fighting someone else because there's end lag after using two. Practice aiming drills in the training hall after a roll because that's the quickest way to get kills with them but you have to land four shots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Snv2ZOr1QE

Just stuff like that.

Could you explain why? Both Splattershot Pro weapons are among my favorites.
The Foil Squeezer is just straight up better than the Forge, there's no competition at all. They both have similar kits, but the Foil Squeezer has splat bombs which are way more useful for just about every situation. It also only needs 180p to charge bubbles, compared to 200p with the Forge which is a pretty big deal. Then for the main weapon: the Squeezer has superior range than the Pro. It has the second highest range in the shooter class. Despite being a long range shooter, it has pretty much none of the long ranged shooter downsides. It's a three shot kill weapon that has standard mobility when strafing and shooting (the same speed as a Tentatek) compared to Pro, Jet Squelcher, etc which are sitting ducks while firing. It gives you a much better fighting chance when fighting more mobile weapons like dualies. In the dualie meta that's a pretty big deal.

You also don't have to worry about shooter RNG (not like that's an issue with the Pro either) because it has very little shot deviation when tapping ZR. It can also paint with autofire, albeit it's a bit mediocre at it. It leaves a lot of gaps and only has Splattershot range, but your ink efficiency is massively improved when using the Squeezer's autofire. The Squeezer normally consumes 2.5% of ink per tap shot, but once you hold down ZR for autofire it becomes an above average 0.9%. Meanwhile the Pro consumes 2% of ink per shot and combined with the slow strafing speed you won't be covering enough ground in time when you really need to paint and you're going to constantly run dry. Painting and map control is how you win games; and while your role with the Squeezer isn't necessarily to support your team by painting, the fact it exists as a viable option is huge. The more options a weapon has for more situations the better, that's why dualies are considered the best weapon class in the game right now.

The vanilla Squeezer's kit is okay. Stingray works on some maps and modes, but walls just aren't good in Splatoon 2 because of the map design. Its alternate kit, the Foil Squeezer is insane though. The only downsides I can think of with the Foil Squeezer is that it commands both a quick trigger finger and consistent accuracy to make the most out of it. Tap shots aren't very ink efficient either, but you shouldn't be running out of ink by mashing ZR at all, so I don't really mind it. If you want to spam splat bombs, you have to be mindful of your ink management but stuff like that is learned over time.

tl;dr the Foil Squeezer is a more challenging weapon to use for the most part, but has way more potential than the Forge. Also when you learn how to use the bubble blower you can do some crazy shit: