Star Trek Discovery |OT| To Boldly go into the new streaming era

It would be hard to dodge if the whole TNG cast is involved . I can’t see them changing Worf’s design.
We don’t know if any of the TNG will be back at all. Sure the actor that played Worf will be all in (since he always wanted to go back to ST universe).

They may avoid the Klingons entirely.

But of course, if Worf is back they can always use the old enhancement virus stuff (that I would recommend to avoid too).

Poodlestrike

Community Resettler
I hope they do include Klingons in it. People need to be remembered that they didn’t always looks shit and generic (except in TOS when they did :p )
In a lot of TOS stories they were basically just dudes in blackface lol. Really egregious shoe polish stuff at times.

I think TNG and Disco Klingons both look pretty good. Wouldn't be upset to see either, or maybe even something new again.

In a lot of TOS stories they were basically just dudes in blackface lol. Really egregious shoe polish stuff at times.

I think TNG and Disco Klingons both look pretty good. Wouldn't be upset to see either, or maybe even something new again.
Oh I've learned that some absolutely hate when you bring up how close the TOS Klingons were to blackface or actually were. Or bring up that's a reason they will never, ever look be portrayed that way again. Some want none of that and jump through massive hopes to try and explain how that wasn't what TOS Klingons were in the end. This why I "to bad, fuck them" when some complain about visual changes that get made. There is some shit in TOS that should not be carried over. Stuff that Roddenberry himself knew should not be carried over when the finally did the Motion Picture and worked on TNG. For some fans though, nope.

Looks like the Age of Discovery story in Star Trek Online will in part including Landry's origin and a lot more on the character. Similar to how Mary Wise is voicing Siliva Tilly in the game Rekha Sharma will be doing Landry's voice in the game.

"I feel like Landry has a special distinction, probably in the entire canon...she's probably the hardest Starfleet officer we've ever met." @therehkasharma

"It's a long way off, but that's the story we want to tell." @CaptainGeko #AgeofDiscovery

We're going to see Captain Killy as well it seems.

"We got to see Tilly's idea of Captain Killy, but I'd like to know more about this woman...who has done all these terrible things."

"The I.S.S. Discovery and Discovery swapped places. I can confirm, that @may_wise will return as Captain Killy for our anniversary." @CaptainGeko

2:07 PM - Aug 5, 2018
We're also going to see more about the Pahvo story as well.

"Kirsten Byer had a story of Pahvo that she wanted to do on the show but didn't have time...she gave it to us. So we'll be exploring that in the game." @CaptainGeko #AgeofDiscovery

It's looking like the Age of Discovery content will not just be a one and done thing for the fall. They'll be adding to it as time goes on. Interesting. I wonder if that means characters created for it will be locked to it.

"#AgeofDiscovery doesn't end in the fall. It'll continue through our anniversary and upcoming releases...if you love our STO storylines, they'll continue the same way. I hope you'll join us on our journey." @CaptainGeko

I think I was expecting Captain Killy in STO when they announced this huge Discovery endeavor for the game... I watch their youtube weekly streams and they were definetly dropping hints that was going to happen cuz... c'mon, how could you NOT?

Excellent. Finally a date. Wonder if those extras are just for the blu-ray or if they'll upload them to CBSAA, Crave, and Netflix (outside the US) too.

The wife and I are watching this. We finished the Pavho (sp) episode last night, this series is much better than I expected it to be. I hope there is more Mudd.

How many tv shows are being released in 4k bluray now that are not huge successes? This series is already kinda niche on a format that is niche... it makes no sense to release it in that format

That's weird. Here's hoping they fix that soon. On Amazon US it seems to be #7 on the Top 100 Movies & TV shows list at the moment. Could be higher if Sicario wasn't going for $4.

You’d think Star Trek fans would easily justify printing a 4k release. This sucks. Guess I’ll hold off for eventual complete series set down the line.
There aren't many tv series on 4k blu ray at the moment... I think one of them is Game of Thrones, and that makes sense.

Discovery is niche of a niche of a niche... 4K wouldn't be worth it, even if it was more of a success.

Having said that, that's not to say they couldn't release it some time down the road.

There aren't many tv series on 4k blu ray at the moment... I think one of them is Game of Thrones, and that makes sense.

Discovery is niche of a niche of a niche... 4K wouldn't be worth it, even if it was more of a success.

Having said that, that's not to say they couldn't release it some time down the road.
I think maybe I’m dealing with early-adopter syndrome, but I’m not sure. I jumped into HD when prices became affordable and it seemed the industry was quick to jump on the Blu-Ray wagon. I assume streaming services have disrupted adoption rates, but I’m a physical kinda guy, man.

Why do they feel the need to keep screwing around with the Star Trek alien race that probably has the most fleshed out back story and cultural identity of all of them?

The entire series is just Picard running a holodeck program and at the end he'll end the program and tell the computer not to bother saving any of the visual changes he made.

If I was to pull a theory out of thin air it would be Klingons are more diverse than we thought. We only seen 6 of the 24 houses all from different planets so it's possible we haven't seen the traditional looking Klingons yet. I wouldn't be surprised if some have the traditional look and some have the TOS look after the Enterprise explanation.

To be fair, they completely abandoned the Klingon war storyline after a few episodes in favour of a love story. Aside from Captain Lorca, the show didn't have enough grey characters to maintain a serialised drama set in space.

I would've accepted that these religious zealots looked that way, but they showed the rest of the Klingons on Qo'Nos who also looked the same in the finale... they fucked up there

It’s almost certainly much simpler. The makeup for the Klingon cast would have literally taken hours to get into every single day of shooting - and hours to get out of. It heavily restricted expressions as well (to the detriment of the female Klingon lead in the last episode I thought). If they are going to keep having Klingons in the show they need something which is easier to handle on a practical basis.

(For comparisons look at the Narn in Babylon 5. Less restrictive than the Klingons makeup, but horrendously difficult none the less).